• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRIDAYTON: God abandons PS4 as The Great Flood wipes out Sony HQ [Up: Reveal in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalin80

Banned
OK for those of us who can't catch up with a 42 page disaster of a thread can someone summarise? Has there been a technical change to the PS4?

SJRB

Gold Member
Well congrats on a 2100+ post thread, Josep Maria Sempere [whoever the fuck you are]. Best trolling I've seen all week.

Finalizer

(Wall of Shame)

(Wall of Shame: The Second Helping)

(Wall of Shame: The keit4 Special Edition)

untitled-5b4ug1.gif

This thread delivered in so many ways. And those quote compilations don't even include some of the post-"reveal" remarks by folks who didn't read the update in the OP

From what he is saying in his tweets, it has to do with the way the RAM works, maybe the bandwidths are not that great.

But I think the most likely reveal is that 1 or 2GB or RAM are reserved for video recording.

Anyway, I don't understand all the drama, probably will end being nothing, just sensanionalist journalism.

That's something I don't get either. People are pissed at Sony for doing nearly everything right?? Even if you're the biggest Xbox fan in the world, there's no reason to hate on Sony. They didn't make Microsoft look bad. Microsoft made Microsoft look bad.

Insane, isnt it? The guys that got banned, just reading the quotes on here thats been quoted are a bit too emotionally invested in a mega corporation. Its actually quite disturbing they harboured such hate and waited for a moment explode like that. Like you said, MS made themselves look bad all by themselves.

Do the mods know if they were genuinley gamers or MS shills? Some guys went overboard.wow.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
gleefully anticipating bad news is not a good way to spend an afternoon. especially when it can blow back in your face.

FINALBOSS

Banned
From what he is saying in his tweets, it has to do with the way the RAM works, maybe the bandwidths are not that great.

But I think the most likely reveal is that 1 or 2GB or RAM are reserved for video recording.

Anyway, I don't understand all the drama, probably will end being nothing, just sensanionalist journalism.

Something tells me Cerny knows what he's doing.

antic604

Banned
I'm expecting it to be a comparison of GDDR5 and DDR3, which will show that the benefits of the former are not so great as everyone makes them to be (I.e. the 'drama')' which fits very well into DF's modus operandi of downplaying any Sony/PS4 advantages. And Sony probably needed to clarify some details, which DF tried to guess as obviously they don't have the hardware nor any real technical expertise to speak of...

fertygo

I'm expecting it to be a comparison of GDDR5 and DDR3, which will show that the benefits of the former are not so great as everyone makes them to be (I.e. the 'drama')' which fits very well into DF's modus operandi of downplaying any Sony/PS4 advantages. And Sony probably needed to clarify some details, which DF tried to guess as obviously they don't have the hardware not any real technical expertise to speak of...

Yeah I bet its just talk about GDDR5 not give that much of advantage, smh y'all freaked out of this.

Yeah, 2GB for video recording and 2GB for the OS, it's really fortunate Sony managed to upgrade to 8GB.

LOL

I am continually amazed how many people have no clue how dedicated video compression/decompression silicon works yet have no hesitancy of making statements about it.

I'd love for them to open up their 1080p-capable cellphone, or better yet, a little GoPro video camera, and try to find the RAM chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom