• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FUSE is gold, first discs manufactured

It's crazy that I can see one opinion in one thread and see the exact opposite on another.

Really, that surprises you?

Bioinfinite gave a two way cover voted by gamers.
Is not a new IP
People knew what they were getting besides the cover.

Fuse is developed by insomniac
is coop
was called overstrike.

I'd say that's what the majority know about the game.

jayu26

I am conflicted...on the one hand I want Insomniac to do well (more people should be able to enjoy their games not just Playstation owners) but on the other hand if this game does well (especially on Xbox) then it will greatly diminishes chances of another Insomniac developed Ratchet game.

And since we are talking about Insomniac and cover arts, they had two of my favorites this generation:
Resistance_Fall_of_Man.jpg

Resistance_3_box_artwork.png

Shinta

Banned
I'm kinda feeling a part of GAF is wishing for this game to bomb/suck, because the resulting drama would give them more entertainment than a game they won't buy.

I totally agree. Ironically, it's not just GAF, but the entire gaming media. Look at all the focus on topics outside gaming that keep popping up repeatedly, and how ideological agendas keep getting pulled in so they can write about it.

But ask a reviewer to play through Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen and he just doesn't have time for it. They'd rather be on Twitter.

Starhawk... RIP. Another game with great mechanics but with a lifeless presentation. I'd still play it if people were playing Zones mode. Fuck!

What were sales like for that anyway?

I think Starhawks failure was how long it took for them to bring it out. 5 years after release of Warhawk...smh. They should have had 3 games under their belt by now.

You seem to be a fan of their work, yet you want them to fail. To actually hope that they fail is awful, why not just hope it breaks even? Pre judging it as a bad decision before you've even played the game... why are you so unwilling to give it a chance? You say you like their past work, presumably you find the games entertaining, Fuse might well be a ton of fun to, but you don't seem to be willing to even give it a chance because of it's looks and some basic information about the back story. I would of thought that the story you actually play is what matters? A good game will always shine eventually through word of mouth, whether Fuse does well on release or not, if it is a good game it will sell in the long run.

You seem to selfishly want Insomniac to only make what you want, rather than having faith in them to see their vision through to the end. I don't like Outernauts, but I don't wish them to fail, I might think that they should've gone a different direction, and I'll happily voice that. But if they are happy with it and enough people are to then that's great, people are enjoying their work and what more could they want? If you actually cared about them then you would see that people enjoying their games is the real success, whether you like the game(s) or not.

Tell me your thoughts on Full Frontal Assault and why you thought it was awful? =]

Never played a R&C game, bought R&C HD but havent installed it yet. Series always looked lame to me, I prefered Jak and Ape Escape....

Then I played Resistance 3.....I just dont know what Sony saw in these guys. I am glad they finally expanded Naughty Dog and signed up with RAD. Lets face it, Uncharted >>>>>>>>> anything Insomniac has done since spyro

I am conflicted...on the one hand I want Insomniac to do well (more people should be able to enjoy their games not just Playstation owners) but on the other hand if this game does well (especially on Xbox) then it will greatly diminish chances of another Insomniac developed Ratchet game.

As much as I loved ACiT I really hope R&C is retired. The franchise is done. Last couple of games were unimpressive. Glad Insomniac are moving on, just wish it was something a little more compelling than Fuse. Just can't muster any enthusiasm for the game.

Buy A Crack in Time people!

Toppot

Never played a R&C game, bought R&C HD but havent installed it yet. Series always looked lame to me, I prefered Jak and Ape Escape....

Then I played Resistance 3.....I just dont know what Sony saw in these guys. I am glad they finally expanded Naughty Dog and signed up with RAD. Lets face it, Uncharted >>>>>>>>> anything Insomniac has done since spyro

... wait, wait, wait so you say:

their last two PS3 games were so bad

Yet you say:

Never played a R&C game,

There last two console games were R&C games, which you have never played, yet you say they are 'so bad'... Good to know there is ZERO substance behind your non-opinion.

Seems you played their Spyro games, then maybe 1,2 or 3 of the Resistance games ending with Resistance 3. Yet without playing ANY of the R&C you can just write them off like that... you really are talking absolute rubbish.

You do realise you are supposed to play a game/series before you have a personal opinion about it, right?

You're talking shit.

jayu26

As much as I loved ACiT I really hope R&C is retired. The franchise is done. Last couple of games were unimpressive. Glad Insomniac are moving on, just wish it was something a little more compelling than Fuse. Just can't muster any enthusiasm for the game.

Well I was talking about traditional Ratchet game like Crack in Time and not less than average spin offs, those were bad.

Buy A Crack in Time people!

Is it exactly how I feel. I bought every game the Insomniac has released this generation but I am burned out on R&C and Fuse is an incredibly underwhelming and uninspired looking game.

Woo-Fu

Banned
That cover art looks like something from Johnny's first camera. It would be perfect if there was a thumb blocking part of it.

Resistance 3 was such a bad game...each level felt like it was stolen from another game. And the multiplayer was a joke.

Ratchet and clunk always looked bad....just auto platforming and shooting brain dead ai for 8 hours

Toppot

No, you don't.

You can have a baseless opinion. But for an opinion to be considered by others it does needs a base. In this case, playing the games.
A baseless opinion is worthless. I can say 'the pikmin games are so bad' I've never played them and I wouldn't say such a thing, I would say 'I haven''t played them'

They had a very certain opinion that had no substance, people shouldn't throw around baseless opinions in public.

They then continue to say that Uncharted is better than anything Insomniac have made since Spyro, if someone took that at face value they would be misslead. I'm certainly going to think twice before I believe there is any substance to anything they say in future.

mr2xxx

Banned
Hate to be that guy but this game is near release and I don't know what the hell it's about, have barely seen any gameplay, don't know what systems it's for (PS3/360 I assume?), haven't seen one commercial. I mean really? Also, what a craptastic cover.

Your not that guy, I've never even heard of it until now.

A baseless opinion is worthless. I can say 'the pikmin games are so bad' I've never played them and I wouldn't say such a thing, I would say 'I haven''t played them'

They had a very certain opinion that had no substance, people shouldn't throw around baseless opinions in public.
You can also tell a game is bad by reading, about it or watching a video. I am not going to waste my time and money just to confirm my suspicions

Toppot

You can also tell a game is bad by reading, about it or watching a video. I am not going to waste my time and money just to confirm my suspicions

Opinions carry different weight. You can tell a book is bad by reading it, that is the point. A game is a medium that is meant to be played. If you hear the soundtrack, you can say it sounds bad, you can read the plot, and say it has a bad story, you can watch it, and say it doesn't look good. But you can't not play it and say you think it is bad. By all means you can get some empirical evidence like a metacritic score and say say it is a bad game, with evidence.

Also see how you contradicted yourself? You say it IS bad then you call it a SUSPICION.

I don't even

Don't worry James, this guys talking completely out of his arse =P

I am typing on my phone, I will ellaborate tomorrow.

Insomniac is a copycat studio, nothing original in their games

I look forward to you're very thorough and well thought out reply tomorrow =]

You're kidding me...
He can say it LOOKS bad, he has watched videos after all =P

The footage from TwitchTV looks great. Too bad there's no PC version though, I'm done with current gen console games (may make exceptions for gta 5 & last of us though).

Resistance 3 was such a bad game...each level felt like it was stolen from another game. And the multiplayer was a joke.

Ratchet and clunk always looked bad....just auto platforming and shooting brain dead ai for 8 hours

I am typing on my phone, I will ellaborate tomorrow.

Insomniac is a copycat studio, nothing original in their games

image.php

Seriously, I am on board with the Fuse hate brigade, but this is just...wow.

Insomniac have some of the most talented people in the industry right now. In fact I think that is part of the reason for so many of us being overly upset about Fuse in that it just doesn't seem like it is "up to par" with their other titles which for the most part have been outstanding!

I don't exactly see how you can call them a "copycat studio."

I wasn't so keen on R3 but for all the flak it got I think R:FoM is a great, under appreciated game. It has tons of atmosphere. The weapon wheel added a lot of creativity to combat. The narration, alternate history and 1950's British setting really add to it as well. It's aged a lot but I still play it from time to time and it still ranks in my favourite FPS this gen.

You should give ACiT a chance. Nice mix of 3D platforming and time manipulation puzzles, exploration and a good dose of humour.

Dueck

Banned
Is it exactly how I feel. I bought every game the Insomniac has released this generation but I am burned out on R&C and Fuse is an incredibly underwhelming and uninspired looking game.

I think Insomniac is going the route of Rare, honestly. Makes some great second-party titles for one company, then starts to slide, goes somewhere else, and makes things that don't sell. I think FUSE will be fine, just like Kameo and Viva Pinata were, but it won't sell.

image.php

Seriously, I am on board with the Fuse hate brigade, but this is just...wow.

Insomniac have some of the most talented people in the industry right now. In fact I think that is part of the reason for so many of us being overly upset about Fuse in that it just doesn't seem like it is "up to par" with their other titles which for the most part have been outstanding!

I don't exactly see how you can call them a "copycat studio."

I think I see why he's calling them that

Crash->Spyro

Jak & Daxter -> Ratchet & Clank.

I see why he's saying it, not that I agree with it.

Oh, I misunderstood your intent. You means exclusive to consoles, not necessarily A console. My apologies.

The term you're looking for is platform exclusive.

Elginer

So much hate for this game, sad because it looks incredibly fun. It's one of my most hyped current gen games left. Am getting day one. Loved the hell out of Resistance 3. Best shooter I've played on PS3.

Here's hoping that the co-op is as fun as it looks.

Lol, I get opinions but omg this is such a terrible post. R3 was a great game and that is not a description of Ratchet and Clank in the slightest.

Dysun

Does Sony own the Resistance IP? Hard to think they wouldn't get more sales using that franchise, but it's probably out of their hands

Does Sony own the Resistance IP? Hard to think they wouldn't get more sales using that franchise, but it's probably out of their hands

After what was done to the Vita installment, I'm not sure anyone is willing to give it another go. I'm all for another as long as its nothing like R2.

Toppot

Sony does and its probably taking a very long break. Killzone is their premier shooter and new gen means they can make some new shooter IP's and leave Resistance in the past. I think it had a good run.

Top Bottom