• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FUSE is gold, first discs manufactured

Man

What are you talking about? Jak & Daxter was developed by Sucker Punch.
66255_700b.jpg

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Unless there is some secret big advertising push going for this game, I really hope Insomniac haven't put too much of their money and are relying on Fuse doing superbly going forward, if I wasn't on these forums I wouldn't know it existed, and that sucks because I've always loved Insomniac.

After what was done to the Vita installment, I'm not sure anyone is willing to give it another go. I'm all for another as long as its nothing like R2.

resistance is dead.
they had a good thing with R1 since it was a really nice launch title, but everything from there (ps3,psp and vita) were okay games at best, and others were awful.
sony will just do what they do every generation, which is keep some of their popular franchises around, make new ones and ditch the ones they don't think have any potential to handhelds or the dying platforms (ps3/vita in this case).
to me, nothing can shake the feeling that there's bad blood between SCE and Insomniac right now. Whether that is true or not, we'll have to wait for e3 at least.

prwxv3

Seriously though there is no fucking auto platforming in and of the ratchet games you would have to like not play any of the games to come to that conclusion.

I will still probably give fuse a chance. besides the bad artstyle everything else feels like a Insomniac game.

prwxv3

resistance is dead.
they had a good thing with R1 since it was a really nice launch title, but everything from there (ps3,psp and vita) were okay games at best, and others were awful.
sony will just do what they do every generation, which is keep some of their popular franchises around, make new ones and ditch the ones they don't think have any potential to handhelds or the dying platforms (ps3/vita in this case).
to me, nothing can shake the feeling that there's bad blood between SCE and Insomniac right now. Whether that is true or not, we'll have to wait for e3 at least.

With the Ratchet movie been made I dont think so.

Whats the word on a PC release?

I was at the PAX East panel for FUSE... lets just say that Ted Price gave a pretty definitive "NO" (going out of his way to be as firm with that NO as possible). Which is a real bummer, I would probably pick this up sometime down the line if it was on Steam. I don't really play multiplayer games on console a lot.

antitrop

I was at the PAX East panel for FUSE... lets just say that Ted Price gave a pretty definitive "NO" (going out of his way to be as firm with that NO as possible). Which is a real bummer, I would probably pick this up sometime down the line if it was on Steam. I don't really play multiplayer games on console a lot.

Yes, Ted Price at PAX East is exactly what the source I linked referenced.

Good luck Insomniac, I hope EA get the marketing machine running as I would hate to see this bomb hard, first time out of the Sony stable in a long ass time.

Man

Ratchet&Clank is the gold ore that Insomniac should stick to for as long as it's profitable.
They *almost* managed to create a new dependable franchise in Resistance but the second game brought it all down (third game was great but damage was already done). Fuse will likely be a single outing only.
While they are looking to create that second dependable franchise just have a team pump out R&C material.

Its not going to have a huge budget. I think if they release a return to form ratchet game next to the movie it could help the francise a bit.

perhaps. I enjoy R&C (acit was the best on ps3), so I wouldn't mind a proper main new game, instead of the stuff they're putting out nowadays.
again, this is just my feeling, with how everything turned out these past years with sony and insomniac.

prwxv3

Ratchet&Clank is the gold ore that Insomniac should stick to for as long as it's profitable.
They *almost* managed to create a new dependable franchise in Resistance but the second game brought it all down (third game was great but damage was already done). Fuse will likely be a single outing only.
While they are looking to create that second dependable franchise just have a team pump out R&C material.

They need to release return to form Ratchet games. They can do different things in Ratchet wile keeping the same general format (platforming action game with a story). ACIT was amazing and did some new things to boot.

I don't think that Insomniac needs to return to the Ratchet franchise so soon. I'm all for them exploring other genres and ideas but making a generic cover based shooter isn't one of them.

abrack08

I want to play this, but I'm scared. Sadly, I might take a wait and see approach.

Same. Love Insomniac, but if the whole point is online/teamwork I probably won't enjoy it. Don't play online all that often and I doubt any of my gamer friends will get the game anyway. And I've always got the feeling that playing as a team is the main draw, not a huge, entertaining single player campaign.

People are way too negative about this game though.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
yeah, never say never, but right now no plans for PC release.

I play all new releases on PC right now too so I feel your pain.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Same. Love Insomniac, but if the whole point is online/teamwork I probably won't enjoy it. Don't play online all that often and I doubt any of my gamer friends will get the game anyway. And I've always got the feeling that playing as a team is the main draw, not a huge, entertaining single player campaign.

actually the game is really fun alone because you can use leap to jump between the four characters, so it's actually fairly tactical in that regard and you can use lots of different abilities and such

TheHater

Gonna pass on this crap. Wake me up when they make a true sequel to Resistance Fall of Man and Ratchet and Clank: A Crack In Time.

Globox_82

Banned
They will after they see this.

I loled.

I don't think sony would do that. They are too classy and they care about Ratchet, so for as long Insomniac is interested in Ratchet (movie and game?) they will have some sort of a relationship. Will sony ever invest in a new IP from Insomnica? I doubt it. Now that money has gone else where . Maybe Ready at Dawn, maybe in second team of one of 1st party studio. Expect Sucker Punch to be pushed more now since they are first party now

Man

Insomniac running back to Sony exclusivity in 3...2...1....
Want free money? Make a slower paced horror game. The people have been suppressed this whole generation and a relatively traditional game like The Evil Within is making us all melt.

kenjisalk

It looks like the same kind of stupid, charming fun found in Binary Domain.

It sucks that we have this attitude in the industry that B level games aren't worth our time.

TheHater

It looks like the same kind of stupid, charming fun found in Binary Domain.

It sucks that we have this attitude in the industry that B level games aren't worth our time.

Yeah, it sucks that a promising concept like Overstrike turning into another military 3rd person shooter because of guys in suits.

actually the game is really fun alone because you can use leap to jump between the four characters, so it's actually fairly tactical in that regard and you can use lots of different abilities and such
That one mechanic is what guaranteed a buy from me. Too many co-op games don't play well enough solo, but leap should keep things interesting.

What sucks is selling Insomniac short because of the art design. Gameplay is still king in my universe.

kenjisalk

Yeah, it sucks that a promising concept like Overstrike turning into another military 3rd person shooter because of guys in suits.

I've only watched like two trailers, but the tone of it seems to be pretty fun, in that bad action movie Jason Statham-y kinda way. I think that sets it apart from most self-serious TPS yet not going into full-on Duke Nukem mode.

Globox_82

Banned
image.php

Seriously, I am on board with the Fuse hate brigade, but this is just...wow.

Insomniac have some of the most talented people in the industry right now. In fact I think that is part of the reason for so many of us being overly upset about Fuse in that it just doesn't seem like it is "up to par" with their other titles which for the most part have been outstanding!

I don't exactly see how you can call them a "copycat studio."

the only outstanding title they made in last 7 years in ACIT. R1 and 3 were very good. So was TOD. rest of it was....

this seems like the absolute epitome of a mid-tier game that struggles so much in todays (tough) market. i cant see anyway this doesn't flop horribly. sent to die.

Top Bottom