• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smidget

eShop/battlenet/etc cards are no-tax everywhere, you can get them online w/ no problem.

edit: My switch (Grey Zelda+Pro controller bundle) just shipped! :D

I just tried to use a gift card online to buy a $10 PSN card and gave me an error. Weird... maybe I'll try a different browser.

Edit: Worked IE Edge and not Chrome strangely enough....

I tried getting a gift card and they said I couldnt.. fuck.. was I originally suppose to ask the dude to turn my trade ins for a gift card?

Or can I just go to another gs and grad a gs gift card and swipe my trade in card?

Yeah I would just go to a different GS and grab a GS Gift Card and just swipe your Trade Card when paying without saying anything. Then go to a different GameStop and use the gift card for Amazon Cash.

yeah if there's any new release preowned game you want, you could easily do $25 off with that many points.. and still have a decent amount left over.

eShop/battlenet/etc cards are no-tax everywhere, you can get them online w/ no problem.

Oh, yeah, I know about that, since you have to pay tax on the eShop itself. I just meant, if I ever felt like splurging my credit on MK8D digital so I don't have to keep switching carts (karts, heh), I may as well buy the MK8D digital code in store at GS to save a little money compared to buying it directly on the eShop.

Congrats! :D

Velikost

Sooooo I went into a Gamestop earlier today to cancel a preorder swap it for $5 in XBL credit, and there was a guy in there trading in a bunch of Gamecube and SNES games (several of them boxed) to take advantage of the promo. Even though you're not supposed to offer to buy shit off people, when I saw some of the stuff he had, I did it anyways. Some other guy was trying to buy a Super Gameboy off of him and was told to leave the store, so I just told him I would wait outside and buy them in cash for whatever Gamestop was offering in credit.

It turns out he was a GAFer, haha. I know you said you didn't remember your username, but I think you said your actual name was Robert? If you do end up reading this, thanks again dude. I hope you enjoy your Switch!

Megatron

Sooooo I went into a Gamestop earlier today to cancel a preorder swap it for $5 in XBL credit, and there was a guy in there trading in a bunch of Gamecube and SNES games (several of them boxed) to take advantage of the promo. Even though you're not supposed to offer to buy shit off people, when I saw some of the stuff he had, I did it anyways. Some other guy was trying to buy a Super Gameboy off of him and was told to leave the store, so I just told him I would wait outside and buy them in cash for whatever Gamestop was offering in credit.

It turns out he was a GAFer, haha. I know you said you didn't remember your username, but I think you said your actual name was Robert? If you do end up reading this, thanks again dude. I hope you enjoy your Switch!

You wouldn't even offer him more than the peanuts GameStop no doubt offered? Come on man....

Retro games have pretty bad value. Still, I might check to lighten up my collection a bit more.

At GameStop they do. Sell that stuff on ebay.

Nameless

Mine too and if looks like it'll be here Friday! I was expecting it to ship Friday and arrive early next week. What a pleasant surprise. Guess I need to order a screen protector.

You wouldn't even offer him more than the peanuts GameStop no doubt offered? Come on man....

At GameStop they do. Sell that stuff on ebay.

Eh there's decent value in a few things and I rather not deal with eBay. Craigslist in my area is pretty much dead so that's not really an option either.

emag

Watch out -- my stockpiled points were automatically redeemed for a $5 coupon with no notification. If I hadn't checked the website, I would have lost that, too. There's an option on your account page to turn it off in the future.

Now I have to figure out what to use the $5 on before it expires, given that preorders, digital content, and gift cards are excluded.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I had one order that 3 of 3 shipped and another order that said 2 of 3 shipped.

The 1 phone said it wasn’t available so I’m guessing I won’t get it. Might wanna return the other two phones from that order if so.

All three of mine said that but two of them shipped this morning.
The final one just shipped a little while ago.

Really curious as the condition of these guys.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Watch out -- my stockpiled points were automatically redeemed for a $5 coupon with no notification. If I hadn't checked the website, I would have lost that, too. There's an option on your account page to turn it off in the future.

Now I have to figure out what to use the $5 on before it expires, given that preorders, digital content, and gift cards are excluded.

Thanks for the heads up just updated my account info.

Velikost

??? With the bonus, several of the games were going for $20+. He said he just wanted them gone, and I said I would give him cash and they would go to a collector instead of getting gutted and sent to a warehouse.

I "cashed out" today. I converted the gamestop gift card into Amazon gift cards. I'm assuming that once you hit $500 you can't do another Amazon gift card at the same location because once I did my initial $500 one, the employee tried to do the second $220 one but he kept getting error message on his monitor and immediately thereafter he received a call from someone saying that customers have to go to another GS if they intend to exceed the $500 limit, even in multiple transactions. So yea, I had to go to another GS and get the last gift card but I was in and out in like a minute. It was a really pleasant experience. Hope everyone made out ok.

This is why you do amazon.com/cash. I converted $1400 to my amazon account st a single location in three back to back transactions of 500, 500, and 400.

Used the rest of my $2100 haul to buy 250 in xbox live credit and a switch bundle, and still have another $130 in powerup rewards credits to spend too lol.

NeatoKuni

on break i tried to use some of my credit to get a case for my switch that's eventually coming in but it wouldn't let me use my trade card. I'm hoping it's only because I used it to preorder the switch online and it's waiting until it's shipped (got confirmation about an hour ago) gonna test it again tomorrow and update. Employee said he never seen the error before but it said something about "pre-authorized" which makes me think it's just that pre-order sitch. it probably waits to charge it so it freezes it all together. glad i didn't pre-order something like kingdom hearts or else i'd be locked out of 200$ for years :p

??? With the bonus, several of the games were going for $20+. He said he just wanted them gone, and I said I would give him cash and they would go to a collector instead of getting gutted and sent to a warehouse.

for what it's worth, i thought it was a cute story. ♥

the bonus wasn't too bad honestly like I could've most definitely got more outta saving my retro games or selling them on ebay but it was a much quicker process and mine weren't in all that great condition anyway. They were sitting collecting dust and I didn't even have those consoles anymore. it was just easy. I had a copy of pokemon leaf green w/out it's label that i wasn't able to trade in tho but they also took pokemon yellow even thought the sticker was almost faded completely off so i guess ymmv.

Heysoos

so is this still working or is this dead? Was about to put up some games for sale on the Sale community page, but I may just opt to trade them in and get some stuff for my switch.

NeatoKuni

so is this still working or is this dead? Was about to put up some games for sale on the Sale community page, but I may just opt to trade them in and get some stuff for my switch.

still there but the values changed. check everything on the app or website before going in.

try looking for cheap DS or PS3 games and then check the website to see if they are eligible. some are as low as $1 or 1.99

Already back home. Picked out 6 and saved the trade values of them on my phone but I forgot to bring one. I'll go in tomorrow and do it. Had 9 games originally but I cut out a few Nintendo games I feel I might be able to get better value on. There is some decent value on older games. With the promotion I'll get over $30 for Battletoads on SNES.

graywolf323

For some reason I was stingy with my credit and didn't pay a few extra (free) dollars for two day shipping x_x

I actually went with the free value shipping and it shipped UPS Ground :) it’s coming from Kentucky though and I live in Virginia so it’ll only take 2 days

Ecto311

Sorry to hijack but if I got the Xbox one with red controller what's the options for swapping the controller for a different color? Not a red fan but don't wanna return the bundle with the console to do something different. Controller is separate package all together not in the box with the console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom