• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHC

So what are the odds that there will be a similar thing next year? Feel like a sucker for missing such a deal.

I actually went with the free value shipping and it shipped UPS Ground :) it’s coming from Kentucky though and I live in Virginia so it’ll only take 2 days

Mine is coming from Kentucky as well, though I'm in NYC. Says delivery date is Monday. Oh well, will still be earlier than what I was expecting!

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
This is why you do amazon.com/cash. I converted $1400 to my amazon account st a single location in three back to back transactions of 500, 500, and 400.

Used the rest of my $2100 haul to buy 250 in xbox live credit and a switch bundle, and still have another $130 in powerup rewards credits to spend too lol.

Yea, I just felt like if they were against doing the Amazon cash thing, even though they are a partner, it'd make getting the Amazon gift cards a much harder or impossible task so I didn't push my luck.

Mine is coming from Kentucky as well, though I'm in NYC. Says delivery date is Monday. Oh well, will still be earlier than what I was expecting!
Your switches shipped from the warehouse down the road from me. The good news is that one of if not the biggest UPS airports is in Louisville, so it should be a short/not complicated trip

Then again we have an Amazon warehouse here as well and for some reason my shit goes from there to Nashville to Lexington to louisville to my town, because...logistics

So what are the odds that there will be a similar thing next year? Feel like a sucker for missing such a deal.

Last years was in June and another was done in Sep. So keep an eye out during Sep-Oct. Though I doubt they are going to do a repeat of these crazy values or extra credit percentage.

Woah, was just checking my power up rewards account on the app, and I randomly have a code for B2G1 pre-owned! Expires at the end of September.

Gonna use it when I go to buy my DS Pokemon games back because those are expensive AF.

reKon

Banned
Switch bundle is expected to arrive tomorrow. I'll be picking up in store and applying my certificate from power up against it.

Sweet baby jesus I have 178,000 rewards points across the two accounts I used. This is the gift that keeps on giving. Will get $90 in rewards certificates, then take the switch I ordered and do a return-rebuy to use those (plus I dont need the zelda expansion pass). Probably just throw the rest into more xbox live currency, just so I can clean out the balance and be done.

HCgamer

Possible to do return rebuy in store on the switch bundle I ordered online? This way I get back my money rebuy minus the $18 shipping fee I have pur rewards certificate I can apply to purchase over $30 difference in savings or can gamestop ban my account if I do it?

kirblar

Possible to do return rebuy in store on the switch bundle I ordered online? This way I get back my money rebuy minus the $18 shipping fee I have pur rewards certificate I can apply to purchase over $30 difference in savings or can gamestop ban my account if I do it?
If you have Pro, apparently you just need to call them to get the shipping removed, it was supposed to be removed as a $35+ order. What wouldn't work is the "Saver" coupon.

They always do stuff like this a few times a year it just blew up this time. And not only that technically you can get 50% right now, and with PUR it'll be 60. So have at it I guess.

Wanderer5

Been getting some PS3, Wii, and WiiU titles to bring in tomorrow possibly. I haven't done much trade in before, but would not having the case for the game make a difference?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
They always do stuff like this a few times a year it just blew up this time. And not only that technically you can get 50% right now, and with PUR it'll be 60. So have at it I guess.

UNLIKELY.

This was the perfect storm:

1. Buy 2 Get 1
2. 70% Bonus Trade-In Value
3. End of the month trade in value increase
4. New console launch with only a few games = high used value

Luminaire

UNLIKELY.

This was the perfect storm:

1. Buy 2 Get 1
2. 70% Bonus Trade-In Value
3. End of the month trade in value increase
4. New console launch with only a few games = high used value
Hurricane Hustle was a beautiful oversight. Now I have a ton of Amazon credit and dunno what to buy!

Kusagari

Do you have to use the $50 rewards certificate on one item or can you use it on multiple as long as it adds up to $50 or more?

Got 1-2 Switch yesterday with the rest of my and my girlfriend's points (used on them pre-owned reward certificates), and now my iPhone 7 Plus and two iPad Pros have shipped, with one of the iPad Pros arriving today. The Switch Pro bundled we ordered has shipped and is expected to arrive tomorrow.

Ecto311

Do the values usually go up or down on the last day? Thinking about going today or waiting till sunday if there is a chance of an increase.

Also for people trading at all check amazon trade in values too - gamestop wants to give me $7 for castlevania double pack on GBA but amazon will give $25. Even the boost at GS doesn't come close to amazon and amazon does instant payment for it.

emag

Do the values usually go up or down on the last day? Thinking about going today or waiting till sunday if there is a chance of an increase.

GameStop's trade-in-value bumps come at the last Friday of the month and run through the Monday thereafter. Don't expect any particular adjustment in the next few days.

Persona7

Banned
GameStop's trade-in-value bumps come at the last Friday of the month and run through the Monday thereafter. Don't expect any particular adjustment in the next few days.

Values often fluctuate every week. Even regular weekends often have slight value bumps.

Nameless

Can we use those PowerUp Rewards to buy PSN cards? I've got like 30 bucks in certificates.

Yes. It's $.15 on the dollar to convert points into digital currency. The $1.50 hit on $10 cards was was it for me since you can't use certs online, on digit currency/gift cards, or for preorders, plus they expire fairly quickly.

Ronin Ray

I just went to a game stop and converted my game stop gifts card to amazon credit. I handed the guy the paper with my amazon bar code on it and said I wanted to add some money to my account. He said he never did it before and scanned the bar code and asked how much. After the first one was done I said, "I know there is a $500 limit so can we do it again". He scanned the bar code again and I added the rest of my gift card balance. No fuss no issues and right away on my phone I got 2 notifications showing the amount I added for each transaction and got an email for the free $10 amazon promotion.

The key is just to never mention your using a gift card.

bastardly

I just went to a game stop and converted my game stop gifts card to amazon credit. I handed the guy the paper with my amazon bar code on it and said I wanted to add some money to my account. He said he never did it before and scanned the bar code and asked how much. After the first one was done I said, "I know there is a $500 limit so can we do it again". He scanned the bar code again and I added the rest of my gift card balance. No fuss no issues and right away on my phone I got 2 notifications showing the amount I added for each transaction and got an email for the free $10 amazon promotion.

Are you in CA? I feel like CA has some dumbass shit rules

kirblar

Are you in CA? I feel like CA has some dumbass shit rules
This is a Gamestop policy - they're not supposed to be converting to cash-equivalents w/ trade credit (Amazon, eBay, etc.) but because of the nature of their operating system, nothing is preventing it at checkout, it's supposed to be the employees doing it.

Luminaire

Bingo.

dreamfall

Exactly what I did today with the remaining $600. Told them the amount, and just swiped the gift cards - bam, no hassle in two locations. Thank goodness for this, I'm not stepping into a Gamestop again until another crazy trade deal like this happens. Flipping was fun, some of the employees were rude as hell, and the commercials were the same in every damn store. It'll be nice to have that Amazon gift balance to pull from.

Ronin Ray

Exactly what I did today with the remaining $600. Told them the amount, and just swiped the gift cards - bam, no hassle in two locations. Thank goodness for this, I'm not stepping into a Gamestop again until another crazy trade deal like this happens. Flipping was fun, some of the employees were rude as hell, and the commercials were the same in every damn store. It'll be nice to have that Amazon gift balance to pull from.

Yeah I had a different experience everyone was very nice but yeah those same commercials were very annoying. I never want to see the new Wolfenstein, Evil Within 2, or that game with Johnny Gat ever again.

IMACOMPUTA

Yeah I had a different experience everyone was very nice but yeah those same commercials were very annoying. I never want to see the new Wolfenstein, Evil Within 2, or that game with Johnny Gat ever again.
Can I ask for a certain amount on Amazon credit and swipe multiple gift cards? Can it break up the payment methods like that?

Ronin Ray

Can I ask for a certain amount on Amazon credit and swipe multiple gift cards? Can it break up the payment methods like that?

That I am not sure about I did one gift card for each transaction. The limit for each transaction is $500 so I am not sure why you couldn't use multiple gift cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom