• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
The computer system would NOT allow me to use Gift Card to VISA card. The clerk said it would, but the computer wouldn't let him.

I'm going to try Amazon at the next store.

The Lamp

So are people just buying the newest 3DS games or something to maximize trade in value?

Will they track this trade in exploit in their system and block you from doing so?

I guess I can just buy at Best Buy and trade in

on my way, i have about 8 games ready to trade in and I'm considering picking up those best buy games to trade in too. Question is after I trade in all these games, do I just pick 6 more 3ds games to trade in with the GS credit, rinse and repeat?

//ARCANUM

To the people saying their significant other doesn't want them spending a small bit of $$ to make a ton more $$ cause they think it's just for games... you can basically cash out in Amazon gift cards at the end (that's what I did). 3hrs work = ~ $700 Amazon credit.

(Gamestop trade card -> Gamestop gift card -> Amazon gift card)

To the people saying their significant other doesn't want them spending a small bit of $$ to make a ton more $$ cause they think it's just for games... you can basically cash out in Amazon gift cards at the end (that's what I did). 3hrs work = ~ $700 Amazon credit.

(Gamestop trade card -> Gamestop gift card -> Amazon gift card)

Your GameStop still sells amazon gift cards and you were able to check out?

Cagey

Banned
So are people grabbing games at their Stop 1, and then going to Stop 2 for credit and also getting new ones to buy at Stop 2? Or are they going to another pair to start again?

Velikost

Yeah, but once the genie is out of the bottle, you can't contain it anymore. I'm sure there will be another crazy deal within a year.

Oh I'm well aware of that, I'm just trying to grasp the mindset behind people spreading this around. The YouTube shit I can sort of understand, cause if someone makes a clickbaity vid and it blows up, they could see some AdSense money off that.

But people rushing online to post their hauls, or responding to everyone in the thread posting "How do I make credit, please spell it out for me," I'm drawing a blank.

Jrs3000

The computer system would NOT allow me to use Gift Card to VISA card. The clerk said it would, but the computer wouldn't let him.

You can do amazon cash. If you have amazon up go in find your amazon cash barcode.

So are people grabbing games at their Stop 1, and then going to Stop 2 for credit and also getting new ones to buy at Stop 2? Or are they going to another pair to start again?

The former makes more sense.

Helznicht

Take your credit and put it all on a Gamestop gift card. A Gamestop gift card can buy ANYTHING in the store.

Oh damn! Just caught on to this thread and I'm all in! Really mad I didn't see it earlier because now I'm on a bit of a time crunch with this B2G1 used promo. Just put 6 Nintendo games on hold at one of my local stores. I'll trade them in at a different location on Thursday or Friday and get just about double what I put in. Hell fucking yes. You peeps rock.

Kusagari

Oh damn! Just caught on to this thread and I'm all in! Really mad I didn't see it earlier because now I'm on a bit of a time crunch with this B2G1 used promo. Just put 6 Nintendo games on hold at one of my local stores. I'll trade them in at a different location on Thursday or Friday and get just about double what I put in. Hell fucking yes. You peeps rock.

The Nintendo games will tank in value by Thursday.

Joke post? YOU DON'T HAVE TILL THEN

Except she's home from work today too, so I can't exactly go behind her back. If she wasn't home I'd be on it like flies on shit.

Non-gamer women... They just don't understand. lol.
so don't spend anything. just trade some games you already have to get started.

cordy

Banned
Well, just bought my first set of games at BB and now I'm heading to GS to trade them in. Let's hope it goes well!!1

Ducayne

Can I trade both a PS4 & X1 version of PVZ 2 in the same transaction?

Can I do that at two different GS? Or will it be flagged?

nillapuddin

I'm just saying, if these prices don't fall by Wednesday...

I'm going ham on amazon prime and bestbuy.com
I made 186 bucks on a single round of trade ins today.

Plants vs Zombies, you da real mvp

The bumps die soon though
End of month bumps should have died but got extended by the holiday

Plants will go back to $15-$20 base value instead of $30

lol don't put it off , do it now

I got ya now. I did realize that all the values on the games I picked were currently "maxed" based on the type of game they are. I'll have to watch out and try to trade stuff in tomorrow then. Thanks for the heads up! Had no idea about the fluctuating values.

btw I've been meaning to ask, I signed up for PUR and it says on the info card "Buy 2 Get 1 Free Offer on Pre-Owned Games". Does that mean they always do B2G1 and the deal doesn't end on Tuesday if you're a PUR member? Or just that PUR members sometimes get the B2G1 deal and non-members do not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom