• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

gloone

btw I've been meaning to ask, I signed up for PUR and it says on the info card "Buy 2 Get 1 Free Offer on Pre-Owned Games". Does that mean they always do B2G1 and the deal doesn't end on Tuesday if you're a PUR member? Or just that PUR members sometimes get the B2G1 deal and non-members do not?

You get a one time use coupon.

Hero

Thanks guys, didn't realize GS was going to be open tomorrow with shorter hours. So out of the retail loop, haha.

Jarekx

So will these values last til tomorrow? I can pick up the games from one store today but i'm not sure if I could make it to the other store to trade in til tomorrow. I've got $200 in credit I can flip so I'm trying to see what i can do with it.

You should've told him to ring them up anyway. It likely would have done it automatically.

I realized as I left the store that I should've just said "it's still on the site, try it anyways". Ahh well. Another one down the street. Will report back. Planned on doing one flip during my lunch break lol

So are people grabbing games at their Stop 1, and then going to Stop 2 for credit and also getting new ones to buy at Stop 2? Or are they going to another pair to start again?
I'd do the latter. They actually encourage you to look around to see if there is anything you like. I tell them I'll go ahead and browse after the trade. Some will even let you browse while they process the trades.

I've traded in 2 garden warfares for Xbox in 2 different transactions. I have a 3rd. Can I trade it in in another transaction with 5 other games?

How many of the same game can you trade in total? Not just in the same transaction

Mesonak

You can only do one game for each system.

I was able to do 2 games for the same system (2 PVZ XBO and 2 PVZ PS4) during one of my transactions. I actually asked my store manager beforehand, and he gave the all-clear so long as you provided receipts for the purchases to show that they weren't stolen goods. Said that I could've traded in 10 games for the same system if I'd wanted to.

Of course, your mileage may vary. I probably just got lucky. Doesn't hurt to call and ask beforehand!

amnesiac

Let me get this straight.

I bought:

P v Z GW2 X1 + PS4
NFS Rivals PS4
NFS PS4
Amazing Spider Man 2 X1 + PS4
Shadow Modor GOTY X1
WRC 5 PS4

I will trade these in for credit +60%.

Then with that credit I buy 4 (+ 2 free) valuable Nintendo games. Trade those in. Buy another 4+2 Nintendo games. Trade those in. Repeat to heart's desire.

Do I have this right? Is it best to only trade in 6 games at a time?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
There’s nothing wrong trading in duplicates. If an employee gives you flack for it they’re just being an asshole

Let me get this straight.

I bought:

P v Z GW2 X1 + PS4
NFS Rivals PS4
NFS PS4
Amazing Spider Man 2 X1 + PS4
Shadow Modor GOTY X1
WRC 5 PS4

I will trade these in for 60% credit.

Then with that credit I buy 4 (+ 2 free) valuable Nintendo games. Trade those in. Buy another 4+2 Nintendo games. Trade those in. Repeat to heart's desire.

Do I have this right? Is it best to only trade in 6 games at a time?
Get a pro membership so ou get 70% instead of 60. Trade in as many as you want

I really don't wanna put in the effort to buy games from elsewhere and trade them in, but I do have quite a few games that I should trade in and reap the rewards lol.

Are Gamestops open on the 4th of July? I'm getting out of work too late today.

EDIT: Oh, it ends on the 9th? Plenty of time! I just need to gather up my games and go when I'm available to.

My wife and I have cricket wireless. After flipping and boomeranging trades to over 1k I've come to the conclusion that the money is best spent filling up our cellphone account and not worrying about a bill for the next year or so. My wife thinks I should spend the money on games, but I just don't have the time to play games like I used to. Even then I was falling behind. I did buy FE#, Toad Adventures, and Pokemon Moon to keep, but I think the rest should go to something that is a fixed price that will allow me to continue buying games at a discount from other locations.

What's really getting to me is that I spent like $340 on games I flipped and I don't think I'd have normally spent that much on games for the rest of the year anyway. I'm not crazy here right? I should pour the credit towards fixed costs and then buy games I want cheaper else where. This also might have something to do with the fact that I like deals and having 1k sitting around to buy any game takes away the fun of bargain hunting.

I placed a "hold" order for 6 different games at the store closest to me. They immediately sent me a confirmation that one game was ready to pick up but now it's radio silent. Anyone else have experience with this? Not sure whether to think that they're taking their time, only wanted to send one email, or they think I'm pranking them....

If I can get this stuff sorted out I'll be able to get an Xbox One X this fall so I'm pretty anxious!

So I just went to my first GameStop to buy and the guy gave me a little nudge of a warning that I can't trade in any of the games until the 9th and that the games have been flagged. Any ideas as to what that was about?

Am I boned?

Does anyone have a step by step for someone starting with nothing? Checked op and there was none. I'm slightly interested and this could fund my Switch accessory fund.

Kaizer

Banned
Thinking about doing some more flipping today, wanna see if I can turn my $460 into $600+ as I only have 2 GameStops in my immediate area. I gotta admit, I'm a little nervous to go through with it though as I'm afraid the regular GameStop I go to is gonna recognize me & figure out what I'm doing. I went there twice yesterday & they make think it's suspicious that I'll likely be trading in some of the same games I bought yesterday.

They've caught on. Dude denied letting me purchase the 6 games I took up. Just refused to serve me, flat out. He kinda did me a solid in that he didn't flag my ID though (and it was the first time doing this that someone asked for my license). I'll likely try again this evening doing just 3 at a time at different stores until I have 6 to flip at a third location.

Be careful, guys.

Not true, friend traded in 6 NFS Rivals for PS4, 3 Assassins Creed Chronicles PS4, and 3 PvZ yesterday at the same store. The guy asked him "You bought the same game 3 times???"

He walked out with $300 and change

Your friend may not care but he's going to get an auto ban from the system. You can't trade in more than 4 copies of the same sku (same game, same system) in a 30 day period (maybe it's 45 or 60 even, I can't remember).

Realeza

Banned
They've caught on. Dude denied letting me purchase the 6 games I took up. Just refused to serve me, flat out. He kinda did me a solid in that he didn't flag my ID though (and it was the first time doing this that someone asked for my license). I'll likely try again this evening doing just 3 at a time at different stores until I have 6 to flip at a third location.

Be careful, guys.

Lmao. You aren't doing anything illegal ffs.

Hey everyone. Noticed the deal and decided to rummage around my ps3 collection along with witcher 3 complete edition for ps4 and animal crossing new leaf, luigis mansion dark moon and Fantasy Life for 3DS. Calculated the trade in value for all of them and will potentially be getting back 176.36 for everything. My question is, how do you calculate the 60% trade in credit to everything? I got 37 games all together and want to know what the 60 percent will be added to all of it.

Malo

Banned
I think I messed up on one of my flips. I forgot to check the case on one of the games and the game was inside a sleeve. The employee gave me a funny look and took a photo of my ID, but the trades went through 🤔

Not true, friend traded in 6 NFS Rivals for PS4, 3 Assassins Creed Chronicles PS4, and 3 PvZ yesterday at the same store. The guy asked him "You bought the same game 3 times???"

He walked out with $300 and change
Haha that's very blatant.

I bought those for the X1 and the PS4 at the very least. Got Aot, GW2 and NFS. Six total.

I think I messed up on one of my flips. I forgot to check the case on one of the games and the game was inside a sleeve. The employee gave me a funny look and took a photo of my ID, but the trades went through 🤔

Yeah I did this on my first trade too lol

Lmao. You aren't doing anything illegal ffs.

I'm aware that I'm not. I'm saying be careful so that you don't get banned and prevented from trading for 90 days. Be smarter about it. Might be better to get 3 games at two different stores and then flip them at a third. While what we're doing is legal, they can clearly still refuse to let you buy anything if they think you're taking advantage of it.

Can someone help me with the math here? If I'm trying to calculate how much I'd get for a title, do I take the "Pro" quoted price on the site, and add 70% or 60% to that?

Like, I'm looking at trading in Mario Party 10. They're saying 33 as the Pro Value. So Would I do 60% or 70% from there? Would $52.80 or $56.10 be the correct final price for that game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom