• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been doing this since Saturday. However, don't do what I just did guys. I had GS hold 12 games for me. 10 were 3ds and 2 were Switch. I wasn't even thinking about it. I was just happy I was able to pick up 12 from one store. Anyway, I should have made sure 3 of the 12 games were Switch instead of 2. Since the one you get "free" is the game of lesser value. So that basically effected some of my profit.

They've caught on. Dude denied letting me purchase the 6 games I took up. Just refused to serve me, flat out. He kinda did me a solid in that he didn't flag my ID though (and it was the first time doing this that someone asked for my license). I'll likely try again this evening doing just 3 at a time at different stores until I have 6 to flip at a third location.

Be careful, guys.
That's crazy that they denied selling you items. I mean, what if you had just wanted those games and weren't intending to flip them? They just lost out on a sale. I can understand denying a trade in if they thought the items were stolen, but denying a purchase seems weird to me.

I'm aware that I'm not. I'm saying be careful so that you don't get banned and prevented from trading for 90 days. Be smarter about it. Might be better to get 3 games at two different stores and then flip them at a third. While what we're doing is legal, they can clearly still refuse to let you buy anything if they think you're taking advantage of it.
Better to get banned now for 90 days than miss out on this. It will likely never come back.

Lunaniem

Can someone help me with the math here? If I'm trying to calculate how much I'd get for a title, do I take the "Pro" quoted price on the site, and add 70% or 60% to that?

Like, I'm looking at trading in Mario Party 10. They're saying 33 as the Pro Value. So Would I do 60% or 70% from there? Would $52.80 or $56.10 be the correct final price for that game?

$56.10 $52.80

That's crazy that they denied selling you items. I mean, what if you had just wanted those games and weren't intending to flip them? They just lost out on a sale. I can understand denying a trade in if they thought the items were stolen, but denying a purchase seems weird to me.

Same thing I said. Dude said if he let me buy them, he'd have to flag my license though, and that pretty much endsnany hope you have of being able to keep it up in the same area.

Hey everyone. Noticed the deal and decided to rummage around my ps3 collection along with witcher 3 complete edition for ps4 and animal crossing new leaf, luigis mansion dark moon and Fantasy Life for 3DS. Calculated the trade in value for all of them and will potentially be getting back 176.36 for everything. My question is, how do you calculate the 60% trade in credit to everything? I got 37 games all together and want to know what the 60 percent will be added to all of it.

Look up each game on Gamestop.com, take base value and multiply it by 1.6. If you have a PowerUp Rewards card, take the Pro value and multiply it by 1.6.

Pro value quotes already include the bonus 10%, that's why they're higher than base. The final trade in value would be $52.80.

They've caught on. Dude denied letting me purchase the 6 games I took up. Just refused to serve me, flat out. He kinda did me a solid in that he didn't flag my ID though (and it was the first time doing this that someone asked for my license). I'll likely try again this evening doing just 3 at a time at different stores until I have 6 to flip at a third location.

Be careful, guys.

Damn man... I'll be on the lookout. Seems really dumb that they'd lose out on a sale given the random assumption that you'll flip them. Was this your first purchase?

Kusagari

Not true, friend traded in 6 NFS Rivals for PS4, 3 Assassins Creed Chronicles PS4, and 3 PvZ yesterday at the same store. The guy asked him "You bought the same game 3 times???"

He walked out with $300 and change

Your friend is going to be banned. If you trade more than 4 for one system you're going to get flagged.

Hardvlade

Can someone help me with the math here? If I'm trying to calculate how much I'd get for a title, do I take the "Pro" quoted price on the site, and add 70% or 60% to that?

Like, I'm looking at trading in Mario Party 10. They're saying 33 as the Pro Value. So Would I do 60% or 70% from there? Would $52.80 or $56.10 be the correct final price for that game?

There is a "softcap". For example, there is games that I would get over $45 easily, but the max I got per title was $42.50. If this is wrong, please let me know since I'd have to go back and talk to them lol

I traded in 28 games, walked out with $908.50 in-store credit.

Just imagine all of the Xbox One X's purchased with store credit come November, lol.

Mine will be! lol

Better to get banned now for 90 days than miss out on this. It will likely never come back.

I got a PS4 Pro out of it yesterday and still have about $500 in credit left. I'm good, just trying to maybe get a 4K tv or a Switch out of it now lol. Still gonna try, but no use buying 6 games and then being stuck with them because my ID is flagged so no GameStop within the city will take them. Then I've just spent credit for some games I don't want that I have to hold on to.

No, I'll just make the purchases at stores that let me do it without asking for ID.

Does it matter which games I pick up? I mean should I pick up for really cheap games and then get two expensive games for free then trade them in? Or just pick up 6 valuable games?

I got a PS4 Pro out of it yesterday and still have about $500 in credit left. I'm good, just trying to maybe get a 4K tv or a Switch out of it now lol. Still gonna try, but no use buying 6 games and then being stuck with them because my ID is flagged so no GameStop within the city will take them. Then I've just spent credit for some games I don't want that I have to hold on to.

No, I'll just make the purchases at stores that let me do it without asking for ID.

Ah... That explains your earlier post lol. I'm looking to do this one to two times max so I'm hoping I'll be good.

Does it matter which games I pick up? I mean should I pick up for really cheap games and then get two expensive games for free then trade them in? Or just pick up 6 valuable games?
That will depend on the stock of you local store. I've gotten valuable games and then so so ones. I still come out ahead because of the free game. Just make sure you aren't losing any money once the 1.7 multiplier is added. The Gamestop trade in value checker comes in handy for this.

That will depend on the stock of you local store. I've gotten valuable games and then so so ones. I still come out ahead because of the free game. Just make sure you aren't losing any money once the 1.7 multiplier is added. The Gamestop trade in value checker comes in handy for this.
Thanks, sounds like I should just get valuable games.

Comet

For those wondering, the two GameStops I visited at lunch do not have any Amazon gift cards so I wasn't able to test it myself.

I'm looking into Amazon Cash now. If it's as simple as moving GameStop trade credit to Amazon Cash why are we bothering with the Amazon gift cards?

Hey everyone. Noticed the deal and decided to rummage around my ps3 collection along with witcher 3 complete edition for ps4 and animal crossing new leaf, luigis mansion dark moon and Fantasy Life for 3DS. Calculated the trade in value for all of them and will potentially be getting back 176.36 for everything. My question is, how do you calculate the 60% trade in credit to everything? I got 37 games all together and want to know what the 60 percent will be added to all of it.

Just get 60% of the total. So 176.36 multiply by .6 for an extra $105.82 (total of $282.18)

For those wondering, the two GameStops I visited at lunch do not have any Amazon gift cards so I wasn't able to test it myself.

I'm looking into Amazon Cash now. If it's as simple as moving GameStop trade credit to Amazon Cash why are we bothering with the Amazon gift cards?

Hell is Amazon Cash?

Alright guys and gals. I'm late to the party. Do I still risk this? I'm in front of a Best Buy with a GameStop in the same shoppin center and probably 3-4 GameStop a within 5 miles

Nowise10

guys i'd be careful, the manager at this gamestop called the police on me when i was trying to trade in my games. I didn't know what to do so i just quickly left but i think i left my wallet on the counter

Comet

guys i'd be careful, the manager at this gamestop called the police on me when i was trying to trade in my games. I didn't know what to do so i just quickly left but i think i left my wallet on the counter

Call the cops based on what?? If you're flipping against them that is legal...

Voke

Banned
Okay I have a bit of free time tommorow. How exactly do I turn about making a significant profit out of this? Can I buy back the games I initially trade and and have money left to spare?

graywolf323

the police would have just laughed at the manager, you weren’t breaking any laws

Comet

Hell is Amazon Cash?

gamestop-amazon-trade-in-credit-screen.jpg.webp

E92 M3

Not sure if you're serious or not because they also have cameras.

Is it best to take the games out of the Gamespot cases before trade in? About to go to the Gamestop about 15 min from now.

Also any thoughts on the guy warning me that trades won't be able to happen until the 9th? Said he flagged the games?

NullMoon

Neo Member
I'm surprised this is still going. I went in on Friday and got 334.00 and walked out with a Xbox One S, and Xbox Live Gold three month for my brother. Then on Saturday my brother traded in some games and got 300 dollars worth of credit. The last time we ate this well Gamestop was giving away 5 dollar xbox gift cards. What a feast. About the only downside this weekend and it was all my fault was I spent 35 on Mass Effect Andromeda Digital Deluxe and today it's on sale for 20. Oh well, you win some you lose some.

Decided that tonight I'm gonna take in Mario Party 10, Mario Kart 7, Pokemon Platinum, Pokemon Diamond, Pokemon Black 2, and Pokemon Black. Gonna net me $222 for 6 games I won't touch ever again. Feels good, brehs.

The dream is dead for me... My local Gamestop said that 5 of the 6 games I wanted to put on hold could not be fullfilled. Don't have time to take advantage of the B2G1 deal at any of the other locations nearby. Damnit... Wish I knew about this earlier.

yes06kin

Neo Member
Got about 300 credit over the weekend but gonna try this flipping stuff once, need to cover a switch and a couple games haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom