• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gematsu: Sony to hold Playstation Experience event in December

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Sony renewed their Wild Arms and Dark Cloud trademarks this year. Capcom filed a trade mark for Devil May Cry sometime this year too.

This is a good sign showing that they remember these games.

A list of rumours recebtly and in the past year for PS4 that could make it to the event

- Guerilla Games New IP
Trailer was apparently ready to go at E3 or Gamescom but Sony decided to not show it. Art leaked, rumoured title is Horizon.

- PS1 and PS2 Classics
Eurogamer reported a rumour of PS2 Classics coming to PS4 earlier this year with HD uprising feature. This would be the perfect time to introduce this.

- Parappa The Rapper
Developed by a Indie dev, also Shahid tweeted hint that a Indie dev could possibly be making a old Sony IP.

Square game
- The recent rumour that Square will reveal a new console game in December fits well with this event.

Level 5 RPG
- New information today that Level 5 will reveal a new game more epic than WKC.

Beyond Directors Cut
- Trophy leak, this game not only should be announced soon, but release soon too

Capcom game
- Rumours of Capcom exclusive, also Ono visiting SCE as well as tweets and finally Ono having a untitled game in development for PS4 showing then taking it down.

David Jaffe Indie game
- Teaser shown on Playstation YouTube channel

Also we should get new trailers for Uncharted 4 and Ratchet as well as BloodBorne, The Order, Tearaway, Until Dawn and update on Indie game that are already announced.

Very nice summary!

I honestly hope Ono is making an All-Stars 2.

This actually makes sense... It looks like a possibility... Damn

sn00zer

A list of rumours recebtly and in the past year for PS4 that could make it to the event
Best list so far and should be in the OP. Honestly there is nothing to that to add.

EDIT: Im willing to bet PS1 and PS2 classics will go live during PSX
DBL EDIT: How could we forget? We're definitely going to be getting Hot Shots news.

TRPL EDIT:
Here are some dumb tweets I sent out that got favorited a long time ago...I wouldnt read anything into them though, just fun for this thread

https://twitter.com/sn00zer_neo/status/484937899083722753
https://twitter.com/sn00zer_neo/status/473881502707503104

Tagg9

- Guerilla Games New IP
Trailer was apparently ready to go at E3 or Gamescom but Sony decided to not show it. Art leaked, rumoured title is Horizon.

There was an unsubstantiated rumor that a trailer was ready earlier in the year, but I'm sure they would have shown it if it existed. Regardless, this does have a chance of happening.

- PS1 and PS2 Classics
Eurogamer reported a rumour of PS2 Classics coming to PS4 earlier this year with HD uprising feature. This would be the perfect time to introduce this.
This has a decent chance of occuring based on hardware patents, and aligns with the message of celebrating 20 years of PlayStation.

- Parappa The Rapper
Developed by a Indie dev, also Shahid tweeted hint that a Indie dev could possibly be making a old Sony IP.
Absolutely zero chance of this happening. Quite the stretch to get Parappa from that.

Square game
- The recent rumour that Square will reveal a new console game in December fits well with this event.
Certainly a possibility, but it might be revealed at Jump Festa instead (late December).

Level 5 RPG
- New information today that Level 5 will reveal a new game more epic than WKC.
They specifically said it would be revealed at E3. Not happening.

Beyond Directors Cut
- Trophy leak, this game not only should be announced soon, but release soon too
Yes, this is guaranteed (along with a short teaser of Quantic Dream's new game in development).

Capcom game
- Rumours of Capcom exclusive, also Ono visiting SCE as well as tweets and finally Ono having a untitled game in development for PS4 showing then taking it down.
This is similarly bound to show up given Ono's involvement at SCE.

David Jaffe Indie game
- Teaser shown on Playstation YouTube channel
Correct, and I wouldn't expect anything other than an Indie title that is *very* early in development.

DJIzana

Best list so far and should be in the OP. Honestly there is nothing to that to add.

EDIT: Im willing to bet PS1 and PS2 classics will go live during PSX
DBL EDIT: How could we forget? We're definitely going to be getting Hot Shots news.

TRPL EDIT:
Here are some dumb tweets I sent out that got favorited a long time ago...I wouldnt read anything into them though, just fun for this thread

https://twitter.com/sn00zer_neo/status/484937899083722753
https://twitter.com/sn00zer_neo/status/473881502707503104

I've updated the the OP with this information. Listed it as possible announcement too so no one should be confused... hopefully.

DJIzana

(Make sure you source who wrote the list in the OP)

Done. Added two other studios on my own to that list as they have shared that they were developing games for PS4. Cygames said they were making one but never said when they'd reveal it... CyberConnect2 is planning a HUGE reveal so added that one. That'll either be Jump Festa or PSX.

stryke

Pretty sure I recall QD saying they weren't going to be there.

Maybe a Beyond TS Remaster announcement doesn't require their presence but I think it makes it less likely.

Pennywise

Done. Added two other studios on my own to that list as they have shared that they were developing games for PS4. Cygames said they were making one but never said when they'd reveal it... CyberConnect2 is planning a HUGE reveal so added that one. That'll either be Jump Festa or PSX.
Or at the Game Awards.
They got Famitsu journalists and a NicoNico stream, so they could appear there.

Sony renewed their Wild Arms and Dark Cloud trademarks this year. Capcom filed a trade mark for Devil May Cry sometime this year too.

Yeah I browsed through recent trademarks, so my eye was mostly on new IPs.
Nothing interesting, but these trademarks usually come closer to the event.

10801917_567255930073992_165388504977443820_n.png

What can it be ?

6th and 7th huh?

I wonder if this is going to be a event that will have major reveals or just updates previews of old games.

I hope we get to see something of that announced Ratchet and Clank reboot.

Pachimari

Of course not, people were hyping Crash, FFVII R, TLG, and I don't even remember what else.

The only possible one people hyped up is TLG I suppose, since they are still saying the game is in development. But there is absolutely no reason that the game would show up in that event.

But to say that the stuff confirmed/highly probable to be there is not worthy of hype, then I'd say you're wrong as well.

No. The stuff on the list is worthy of hype, but it doesn't live up to everything people are speculating on in the thread.

I'm honestly excited about all the mentioned stuff to be there. I can't wait to see Uncharted 4, No Man's Sky and Until Dawn.

Pachimari

Honestly, I just want updates on already announced games. Like Gone to the Rapture, Wild, Ratchet & Clank: Redux and such. Maybe put in 2-3 announcements like Horizon, Beyond: Remaster and Parappa.

I need Shadow of The Beast update. I hope it's not quietly canceled, there's been no update at all since cg announcement. like we don't even know if it's gonna be sidescroller or not.

Chinner

Banned
Does PS1 and PS2 classics = PS1 & PS2 emulation?

If so, I would GO APE for it. PS1 emulation is a no brainer seeing as it's on every other PS platform, but getting PS2 would be hog wild. Doesn't Sony already have some type of PS2 emulation?

Does PS1 and PS2 classics = PS1 & PS2 emulation?

If so, I would GO APE for it. PS1 emulation is a no brainer seeing as it's on every other PS platform, but getting PS2 would be hog wild. Doesn't Sony already have some type of PS2 emulation?

On PS3 yeah. But some games have issues so it's not nearly on par with their PS1 emulation. Who knows how it would turn out on PS4 if it ever does appear.

marcincz

I need Shadow of The Beast update. I hope it's not quietly canceled, there's been no update at all since cg announcement. like we don't even know if it's gonna be sidescroller or not.

I completetly forgot about SotB.
Las Vegas could be a good place and moment to show trailer from this game. I hope it's still in developing, not graveyard.

Talax

I hope we get a release date for Rime. Can't wait for that one.

And Square's game just needs to be Dissidia for PS4 and I'll be a happy gamer. XD

Iirc Kaz said the next GT will be a mainline title....so GT7 will be the next one on PS4 of course.

After the whole Driveclub delay / online disaster maybe Sony will put Spec II out on PS4? It is after all built on Polyphony's PS4 engine, then we have GT Academy 2015, will it be a seperate build like 2013 giving a teaser for the future, be feed into Spec II or will they be shafting GT's dwindling split fan base come April / May?

GT6's first anniversary on Dec 6 makes it the perfect time to launch Spec II digitally on PS4

Dengeki and Famitsu are going to be having a PS 20th Anniversary stream on the 3rd

The livestream, set to take place on Wednesday, December 3, from 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM JST (9:30 AM GMT) on YouTube and NicoNico, will be hosted by Yoshimichi Nishioka and Katsuhiko Hayashi, editors in chief of Dengeki PlayStation and Weekly Famitsu, respectively, as well as Dogma Kazami, a famous Japanese Let’s Player. The stream is said to focus on the 20th anniversary of the PlayStation, as well as the future of PlayStation and games as a whole, with “a number of top tier guests” stated to be joining the festivities.

http://gematsu.com/2014/11/dengeki-famitsu-holding-playstation-20th-anniversary-livesteam

I just a need a peek at GG's new IP for this event!

I love literally everything the guys in Amsterdamn do and they are so very technically talented.

So hopefully I can see some Dino-bot's next weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom