• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gematsu: Sony to hold Playstation Experience event in December

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endo Punk

All-Stars 2? Eh.

Power Ston-like fighter or PlayStation vs Capcom? Day 1 purchase.

If there is another All-Stars it needs to be rebooted. Don't stick to the dumb name of that game. Mouthful and the worst possible kind of generic.

Whats up with all the PS Allstars talk? Was there some hint or are people dreaming??

Mostly dream. People don't want to believe that Sony Smash bombed so hard it made Superbot disappear and poisoned the idea of a Sony cross fighter. As Kyle Bosman put it so well, "I will never ask for another Sony Smash Bros".

That's actually missing the first analog version of the PSone controller, which was the Dual Analog (the one in the right hand corner)

dsauxxhi.jpg

Yup i remember that.

I still have my 3rd party PS1 controller which looked like a snes controller.

I honestly hope Ono is making an All-Stars 2.

It would be weird if Sony did that, as they didn't give the first game a particularly big budget or marketing push, and hiring Capcom and Ono after the first game wasn't much of a success would require a much larger budget.

Although I share Acquiescence's opinion that were All-Stars 2 to happen, Sony needs some if not all of those key PS1-2 era characters like Crash, Spyro, a key FF character (I'd be happy with Cloud, Tifa, Sephiroth, Squall, Zidane or Vivi), classic Dante and maybe classic Lara. There doesn't seem to be any point trying again if they can't get the cast list right this time.

there wont be a Allstars sequel, but a new brawler Game.

Atleast according to Verendus :

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=63078171&postcount=32

Shuhei Yoshida also made some hints in the past

Giving a glimmer of hope for the franchise, he did add “never say never” when it came to the future of PlayStation All-Stars, saying he’d “like to see us come back to the idea,” but “maybe not the same mechanic.”

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...-an-xbox-one-exclusive-is-part-of-growing-up/

I think Sony realized the mistakes they made with the PSASBR and want to start from zero again. New Concept, New Name, New Studio --> Ono would be perfect ^^

delSai

Mostly dream. People don't want to believe that Sony Smash bombed so hard it made Superbot disappear and poisoned the idea of a Sony cross fighter. As Kyle Bosman put it so well, "I will never ask for another Sony Smash Bros".

I will continue to ask about a Sequel whenever i have the Chance! I played the shit out of it and enjoyed it more than similar Games. Most people didn't, that's why the Dream will stay a dream :(

A new Sony fighter should be in the same vein as Power Stone. 2.5D made sense for Nintendo's franchise because most of those characters originated in 2D games. Most of Sony's characters originated in 3D games. So it'd make far more sense for something like Power Stone than Smash.

Gskyace

I shall say I've got more Horizon's beautiful arts, but can not reveal it anymore.
Don't know it would be there or not. I'll be there, and I'm already excited.

BadWolf

PSA was just a bad idea from the start, there was no reason to rip-off SSB like that and everyone told them since day one that the KO mechanic was a bad idea but they wouldn't listen.

It was also bland with no visual style of it's own and the cast sucked.

Get Capcom to make Power Stone 3 and have PS characters appear in it.

Tregard

Soothsayer
there wont be a Allstars sequel, but a new brawler Game.

Atleast according to Verendus :

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=63078171&postcount=32

Shuhei Yoshida also made some hints in the past

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...-an-xbox-one-exclusive-is-part-of-growing-up/

I think Sony realized the mistakes they made with the PSASBR and want to start from zero again. New Concept, New Name, New Studio --> Ono would be perfect ^^

What do you mean by "Brawler"? Like Powerstone?

Apathy

A new Sony fighter should be in the same vein as Power Stone. 2.5D made sense for Nintendo's franchise because most of those characters originated in 2D games. Most of Sony's characters originated in 3D games. So it'd make far more sense for something like Power Stone than Smash.

Love Power Stone, but my vote still goes for Sony vs capcom as the true fighting game that needs to be revealed.

Knocked by my PR friend, though I don't have any NDA on this.
Anyway, I think the leak is enough. Happy to see people like it.

So.....is the game a thing? Can you please show us the images......pleassAaaaaaseseesse.

Btw. Really off topic question. What is gamestopa return policy? Aka: Unity is a pile of dog shite.

BumRush

Worthy, I love how hyped you are but can stop teasing shit and then editing your posts? This MAY be the first time in the history of conferences that no bombs are leaked beforehand and it would be so glorious if we could keep it that way. There's only 8 days left.

Worthy, I love how hyped you are but can stop teasing shit and then editing your posts? This MAY be the first time in the history of conferences that no bombs are leaked beforehand and it would be so glorious if we could keep it that way. There's only 8 days left.

Trust me my man. I won't leak it. I SWEAR TO YOU. I'm just dropping some hints.

wapplew

No leaks because it have none to leak?

Jonboy

Probably already posted, but did anyone listen to the latest PlayStation Blogcast?

One of the hosts (Sid Shuman) said at one point: "We should get Adam Boyes on to talk about PS" *pause* and then he kinda laughed and said he almost said something he shouldn't have followed by: "We should get Adam Boyes on to talk about PSX (Experience)."

No idea what it could be and if it's significant or not. Just thought it was interesting. What could they be revealing that starts with "PS" that he wasn't supposed to mention? PS Now? PS All Stars 2? PS Vita 2? PS Plus update?

Edit: Listening again the exact quote is: "We need to get like, Adam Boyes on here would be good. We gotta get him on here to talk about like PS...or PlayStation Experience. I almost said something I shouldn't have. An internal reference."

My take: it's not a hint, but he was probably about to call it "PSX" and Sony doesn't want them referring to it as PSX because of the possibility it could be confused with the hardware PSX.

Around the 17:45 mark here if anyone wants to listen for themselves...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/11/21/playstation-blogcast-144-bloodborne-to-be-wild/

Gskyace

Man, Warhawk 2... take Warhawk PS3 (best multiplayer shooter of all time), add a refined version of Starhawk base building, a few creative new elements, and bam. The only multiplayer game I'll need all generation.

4 player splitscreen is mandatory, natch.

I love Starhawk soooo much.
If it's on PS4 with a new setting, it would get a chance I think.

Probably already posted, but did anyone listen to the latest PlayStation Blogcast?

One of the hosts (Sid Shuman) said at one point: "We should get Adam Boyes on to talk about PS" *pause* and then he kinda laughed and said he almost said something he shouldn't have followed by: "We should get Adam Boyes on to talk about PSX (Experience)."

No idea what it could be and if it's significant or not. Just thought it was interesting. What could they be revealing that starts with "PS" that he wasn't supposed to mention? PS Now? PS All Stars 2? PS Vita 2? PS Plus update?

This actually means a lot, the question I'm about to ask: did he say PS or Playstation?

Gskyace

PS Pause, a new system feature in 3.0 that you can resume your game after awake in sleep mode, which has been announced one year ago. (Joking.)

BadWolf

They better not be renaming Morpheus.

They seem to not care, so I'm guessing they've seen his "bolding" game and think it's just a bit of fun.

That's good then.

Jonboy

This actually means a lot, the question I'm about to ask: did he say PS or Playstation?

He just said "PS." I thought it was weird that he stopped himself because it sounded like he was just going to say PSX. Led me to believe that there's *something* they'll be talking about that starts out with a "PS," which...could be any number of things.

EDIT: See my edit to that original post. Think I was just reading too much into it. I think Sony just doesn't want them referring to the event as "PSX."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom