• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gematsu: Sony to hold Playstation Experience event in December

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaffe's new game is indie? Thought it was being backed and published by Sony and was AAA.
We don't know yet I think, although I read someone say it's multiplayer focused game here in gaf. So maybe like calling all car or twisted metal. Although I hope that's not true and have a single player action adventure games. With a studio name like Bartlet Jones detective agency, you'd think the game will be more story focus adventure game and not multiplayer.

What we know :

Jaffe's game has a publisher ( practically confirmed to be Sony at this point)
Not horror
Not AAA ( due to small team size)

I'm thinking something along the lines of Rime's scope of a project.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
A quick summary for those interested. Things we are sure will be there:
- Uncharted 4
- No Man's Sky
- Bloodborne gameplay
- The Order: 1886 gameplay
- MLB The Show
- Tearaway gameplay
- Until Dawn gameplay
- Lots and lots of indies
- Various third parties (Batman, Battlefield, MKX)
- David Jaffe's new game

Things that could be there:
- Ratchet & Clank PS4
- Capcom/Ono's game
- Guerrilla Dino Game
- Various other first party titles
- Square's new game

That about wrap it up?

Persona 5. At least that what Flux thinks.

sn00zer

So Im banking that one of these three fanchises will be rebooted and revealed at PSX due to their inclusion in PSABR

-Medievil- Including Dan was great and got a lot of people talking, he was also given his own stage after the fact, which may have been due to his increased popularity

-Ape Escape- In PSABR, but Sony hasnt really mentioned anything recently. The franchise has been "missing" in the US for a while, but was absolutely run into the ground in Japan.

-Parappa- I am positive there is/was a reboot in the making recently. First due to that "I had a drunk friend" leak a while back and confirmed by Dredd Fox threatening a libel suit on that whole $100 issue. You dont sue for libel unless it adversely affected your career and I have to believe that if Parappa reboot was brought up by Sony then they must have caught wind of the scandal and confronted Dredd about it, hence the suit. At the very least he was accepting money for doing a Parappa voice over in a fan fillm, which Im sure set off all sorts of warning bells for his employers.

RyoonZ

Banned
I always love PlayStation hype thread, it's part of the reason why I joined GAF, though I don't post very much. Can't wait for this, my hype is through the roof!

So Im banking that one of these three fanchises will be rebooted and revealed at PSX due to their inclusion in PSABR

-Medievil- Including Dan was great and got a lot of people talking, he was also given his own stage after the fact, which may have been due to his increased popularity

-Ape Escape- In PSABR, but Sony hasnt really mentioned anything recently. The franchise has been "missing" in the US for a while, but was absolutely run into the ground in Japan.

-Parappa- I am positive there is/was a reboot in the making recently. First due to that "I had a drunk friend" leak a while back and confirmed by Dredd Fox threatening a libel suit on that whole $100 issue. You dont sue for libel unless it adversely affected your career and I have to believe that if Parappa reboot was brought up by Sony then they must have caught wind of the scandal and confronted Dredd about it, hence the suit. At the very least he was accepting money for doing a Parappa voice over in a fan fillm, which Im sure set off all sorts of warning bells for his employers.

Shawn Layden straight up saying "You gotta believe" in the blogpost that annonce the Vib Rippon psn release, also showed that Sony at least hadn't forgotten about Parappa. Could be a hint that something is coming.

joecanada

What's the latest news for gran turismo? Man they do good work but there's a difference between milking a franchise like cod and then gt...it's so slow to release it almost kills the hype

sn00zer

What's the latest news for gran turismo? Man they do good work but there's a difference between milking a franchise like cod and then gt...it's so slow to release it almost kills the hype

Its being made is about all the news there is...GT crew showing up at tracks and taking pictures and all that..... Im sure Sony is finishing Driveclub before hyping GT

Jigorath

Banned

I think we might get a GT6 PS4 port next year. Probably not getting GT7 until 2016/2017.

This is the one I'm really, honestly wanting to happen. It'd make for a perfect mid-tier game, and that market needs to come back strong. Throw it in there w/ No Man's Sky, Rime etc. to get the ball rolling.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
This is some of the most stupid utterances I've read on GAF in the last few days.

You have to live in Narnia if you think that is the only explanation for someone going loco on facebook.

Elios83

I think we might get a GT6 PS4 port next year. Probably not getting GT7 until 2016/2017.

That was considered before the PS4 launch but considering the poor reception GT6 got, plans have been totally scrapped. They have stated officially they're developing GT7 on PS4 with a target release date in late 2015 or 2016 (of course we know it's going to be the latter).

Noctix

We will definitely see Ratchet & Clank game if the movie is still scheduled for Spring 2015. I think the event will be the perfect time to announce it. We know Insomniac are working on it.

sn00zer

This is some of the most stupid utterances I've read on GAF in the last few days.

You have to live in Narnia if you think that is the only explanation for someone going loco on facebook.

haha I only mention it because the issue was pretty much over for months then outta nowhere Dredd dropped that message

Zukkoyaki

Oh please good no, totally wasted conference on western third party multiplatform crap.
Being at the event doesn't mean they will be a part of the keynote. This event is more about fan-developer interaction and checking things out before release. Various companies are going to be demoing and doing panels much like a PAX or something.

v1lla21

You know what I would love? Marvel Heroes to come to the PS4. that'd be amazing and I think it could work very well. Or a Marvel Ultimate Alliance reboot announced at the event.

sn00zer

This is the one I'm really, honestly wanting to happen. It'd make for a perfect mid-tier game, and that market needs to come back strong. Throw it in there w/ No Man's Sky, Rime etc. to get the ball rolling.

I kinda hope it doesnt...not a huge fan of Parappa.....although...I am kind of itching for any fun rhythm game without stupid anime girls

Lol this thread has been crazy. So far we talked about the possibility of:

TLG
FF7 Remake
Crash Bandicoot
Star Ocean
Shenmue
Street Fighter V
Parappa
Parappa platformer

And I bet non of these will be shown lol

Status
Not open for further replies.