• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volotaire

Wow!

The end of the ARMA 3 quicklook (last 20 minutes) were absolute gold. The other parts were great as well.

Giant Bomb is at it again.

FStop7

Banned
The 24-Hour Halo Marathon is the only archived GB content I never watched - is it worth watching.

I have the whole thing set to download (10GB+) and wondering should I?

Yes, it's fab. Drew and Alexis bonding over Halo memories. Special guest appearances by Vinny, Alexis' sister, and Pascual.

Zornack

I wonder if the Pathfinder stream will end up being something regular or if it'll end up being like Dave Fortress and won't make it past a few episodes.

It can't be easy to coordinate the schedules of people from three different departments and make the time work for Dave.

Tan

Hoooly crap at the drug talk in the arma 3 quick look. They just kept going hahaha.
Vinny+Jeff are the best.

and this RPG server is amazing.

I started listening to the podcast recently, and I have to say... it's pretty good! The audio quality is excellent, seems well edited, and the conversation flows pretty well.

But does anyone else think this Brad fellow sounds like he's pulled a muscle every time he speaks?

I started listening to the podcast recently, and I have to say... it's pretty good! The audio quality is excellent, seems well edited, and the conversation flows pretty well.

But does anyone else think this Brad fellow sounds like he's pulled a muscle every time he speaks?

You missed him pre-DOTA. He's changed so much.

tumblr_mtpzbbC9er1sxz19yo1_500.png

Somewhere out there Taswell is still delivering sick burns to the deserving
Context?

Zornack

Far Cry 3 was nominated for Best Story at the 2013 BAFTAs. Anthony Burch, a writer for Borderlands 2, thought Far Cry 3's story was so terrible it was hilarious it would be nominated. Ryan thought Anthony's criticism for Far Cry 3's writing was throwing rocks in a glass house due to Borderland 2's overuse of internet jokes and internet memes.

Dany

Banned

It isn't edited. Ever :p

KingKong

oh my god the ArmA QL. from 55 minutes until the end is the funniest thing Ive seen all year. Giant bomb is at it again

What's the best content released in the past two days? So much at once to come back to! How was the Unprofessional Friday this week?

fleck0

What and why was the end of Arma 3?

It's basically the Warcraft 3 map 'Life of a Peasant' but it's Arma.

There's a faction of citizens and a (generally) smaller group of cops. The peasants can run missions and do jobs which earn income they can use to buy weapons and vehicles as well as licenses to legally use those things. Some missions involve moving illegal materials around (drugs) which give larger rewards but risk being caught by the Cops. As the QL showed the cops keep order, mainly by arresting smugglers or by keeping the unruly populace in check.

The Internet being what it is, maniacs like Drew Scanlon tend to turn that map into a madhouse, which is why it's among the most popular servers.

PES looks great but the framerate in the replays is unacceptable, kind of shocked that they released it in such a state. I mean it's in the consistently <10 range.

The end of the ARMA III quick look was hilarious, although kind of annoying when you consider others are trying to play the mode as intended and Drew wouldn't read the instructions and rules(for time and entertainment purposes of course)

popo

Only on Giant Bomb can I fall asleep to KSP and wake up to Steak-Umms

You were lucky. I fell asleep to the Tested podcast - Will Smith loudly talking over everyone about Apple and when I woke 30 minutes later he was still shouting about Apple.

I wonder if the Pathfinder stream will end up being something regular or if it'll end up being like Dave Fortress and won't make it past a few episodes.

It can't be easy to coordinate the schedules of people from three different departments and make the time work for Dave.

I guess it depends how much fun they have. They are not afraid to kill a series if nobody is enjoying it. The first of those dwarf fortress vids was intersting but after that nobody other than Dave knew WTF was going on - and even he only seemed to have a loose grasp.

PES2014: "Oh he'll be kicking himself over that one"

Vinny: "Bah he'll probably miss"

LMAO

I like when they randomly pulled Rooney up and Vinny said something along the lines of "he looks like he would kick the shit out of you". So accurate.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
You were lucky. I fell asleep to the Tested podcast - Will Smith loudly talking over everyone about Apple and when I woke 30 minutes later he was still shouting about Apple.
That really ruined their podcast for me. 50% Apple talk sometimes, man, who cares? They're doing some interesting stuff now with all sorts of tools and electronics, even science, so I follow that part of the site.
But they still spend so much time on such a boring and talked to death topic like consumer electronics from Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom