• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

That penalty shootout was PAINFUL to watch. I hope it's just input lag on their setup because the fact that neither of them were able to hit the green bar was maddening.

atomsk

Party Pooper
FIFA Quick Look.

From now on I'm going to call Juventus "Oue-ven-tood".

Also, when they were scrolling through teams, in League One they stopped ONE SHORT of my team.

THE JUICE

RRiLQgt.jpg

Some jabroni named Juventud?

demidar

Tackle from behind to a player without the ball. That is a red card.

Jeff not comprehending football is still baffling. it's a so much simpler sport than any of the American ones.

I'm always baffled when I see American Football video games. There's stuff like running until getting tackled, that I get, but there's so many different plays and standing around, I mean is it really necessary? I'm using rugby as a reference here, which seems similar except there's less standing around and more guys getting bodied.

They need to find and Quick Look a cricket game. That shit is incomprehensible. Bowlers and wickets and tests! It doesn't make any sense!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Holy crap they have a lot of content today!

M3z_

And yet has never been to the new stadium where the Giants play. It's mind-boggling.

Pretty sure he does not like the Giants and is more of an Oakland guy. Really though I think he has maybe a mild interest in baseball, so not going to games is not surprising to me at all.

popo

Remember when Pro Evo / ISS / Winning Eleven was the hotly anticipated release - I want to say of the year but it didn't used to annual back then?

Just sad now. How can they still not have team licences? Yorkshire Orange? (I am assuming that is meant to be Hull). The Potteries? Norfolk City is a good one though.

Plus you can tell it is americans playing as Vinny's default pic is Man U :)

TheGrue

Pretty sure he does not like the Giants and is more of an Oakland guy. Really though I think he has maybe a mild interest in baseball, so not going to games is not surprising to me at all.

Yeah, i could be remembering wrong, but I thought I remembered him talking about watching Giants games. Maybe he was just watching to watch and he really is more of an A's fan.

FStop7

Banned
Every Friday at my office we do a thing where we have to meet 3 new people and ask them questions. Today I was wearing a Giant Bomb hoodie and this girl asked me what GB is. My answer was "A website about pizza."

StuBurns

Banned
When I was at school, kids used to say Pro Evo was the great game, and people just played Fifa for the real team names and such. Was that ever the case? Because now Fifa is clearly a vastly higher quality game.

Every Friday at my office we do a thing where we have to meet 3 new people and ask them questions. Today I was wearing a Giant Bomb hoodie and this girl asked me what GB is. My answer was "A website about pizza."

Mandatory icebreaker bullshit? I'm sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom