• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchocky

My sister who hardly ever plays games loves Mario Party and wants to buy 10 to play on my Wii U. She even plays it single player which blows my mind.

Myggen

My sister who hardly ever plays games loves Mario Party and wants to buy 10 to play on my Wii U. She even plays it single player which blows my mind.

I don't understand how that's possible to enjoy.

edit: Soon just one month left with this damn avatar.

It's just her opinion, calm the fuck down ;)

Edit: I don't even know what I'm doing here, sorry.

2477974-bawang.gif

Mario party 9 sold like 2.24 million.

Mario party 8 sold 7 million.

Is it conceivable?

Could Mario Party 10 actually push sales figures of Wii U upward?

Why am I talking numbers? This is nonsense. I hope a good night's sleep helped everybody. Lord knows I didn't sleep a wink watching this.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I don't understand how Dan thinks he is Rocky in the Mario Party games, he played them before and is clearly the best at them (in the minigames). Drew was our Rocky. Dan is just [insert some bad guy from Rocky since I've never seen it]. You're no upstart Ryckert, you started at the top!

I don't understand how Dan thinks he is Rocky in the Mario Party games, he played them before and is clearly the best at them (in the minigames). Drew was our Rocky. Dan is just [insert some bad guy from Rocky since I've never seen it]. You're no upstart Ryckert, you started at the top!

how have you not seen rocky

at least any future MPPs won't be this grabbag of low poly characters running around incredibly compressed 2d backdrops. It'll be nice for about 10 minutes to see a higher res version of this shitshow

MP2 already established that he's Apollo Creed. Unfortunately GB's Rocky quit in part 3.

Tucah

you speak so well
I'm going to ask two yes or no questions, and that's all the information I seek. I'm about halfway through.

Does the game freeze and/or glitch at the very end, ruining the game, hence "No winner?"

or

Does the game end in a tie, hence "No winner?"

There is no winner because they had to play four fucking hours of Mario Party. Nobody wins in that situation.

Nethaniah

Some of the comments on that MP3 video, man....i really seem to have different reasons for subscribing, watching them suffer is like THE reason i watch these things but other people pleading for them to stop the MPP series? Fuck that imho.

Myggen

Some of the comments on that MP3 video, man....i really seem to have different reasons for subscribing, watching them suffer is like THE reason i watch these things but other people pleading for them to stop the MPP series? Fuck that imho.

It's totally fair to ask them to stop if you don't like the content, but it's the "oh man they're gonna snap if they do another one!" (and some of those comments seem serious) comments that get ridiculous.

demidar

It's totally fair to ask them to stop if you don't like the content, but it's the "oh man they're gonna snap if they do another one!" (and some of those comments seem serious) comments that get ridiculous.

I don't want to see them in pain, but I want to see them in pain.

Kirlia

Banned
I don't want to see them in pain, but I want to see them in pain.

Especially with HOW the game manages to screw them over. Jeff's last roll, for instance...
he rolled two ones, but HEY at least he got ten coins for matching the numbers! Yeah!

I think the reaction to MPP3 is getting a bit overstated. MPP2 felt a lot more tense and mind breaking.

Especially with HOW the game manages to screw them over. Jeff's last roll, for instance...
he rolled two ones, but HEY at least he got ten coins for matching the numbers! Yeah!

Probably my favorite moment in the entire video, because I'm pretty sure Jeff even mentioned that would happen to someone when they talked about the items near the very beginning.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You know, it's actually surprising how having uncapitalised letters really affects my ability to locate the thread.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
at least any future MPPs won't be this grabbag of low poly characters running around incredibly compressed 2d backdrops. It'll be nice for about 10 minutes to see a higher res version of this shitshow

Assuming another one happens, I'd have to think increased fidelity will only make everybody more annoyed with how terrible the game is. The further they get away from early N64 games, the less of an excuse there is for Mario Party to exist as it does. Better graphics just seem more insulting at this point. The game should look like the garbage it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom