• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainmaker

Banned
Mario Party Party 3 was great to me as it added to the story. Like Brad said he would on the Bombcast, he went in not caring and not letting it get to him but by the end it had gotten to him maybe even more than MPP2 did. This was the breaking point for all of them. Even Dan acted like he wanted out a couple of times. Mario Party Party 3 needed to happen... but it actually makes a really good ending for the series even though I want more eventually.

sjack

Banned
There needs to be like at least....a 6 month hiatus before the next Mario Party Party 4, because Jeff literally had a mid life crisis in that stream.

demidar

Breaking Giant Bomb.

Xngw8nJ.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, just got to the part about brad complaining about dan being hyper-competitive.

A bit of a pot calling kettle black moment there.

Brad is so salty.

RE_Player

I just could not get into the Mario Party 3 video. The whole "this game is terrible" attitude was cute the first two times but I'm not really into it any more. I am curious once they make the jump to GameCube.

sjack

Banned
I just could not get into the Mario Party 3 video. The whole "this game is terrible" attitude was cute the first two times but I'm not really into it any more. I am curious once they make the jump to GameCube.

it gets better/worse trust me

hamchan

Mario Party Party 3 turns into the most tense/excruciating/awkward piece of content Giant Bomb has ever produced.

It is glorious.

3 hours into MPP3.

Out of all the stupid, egg-shells-are-food level bullshit we've heard from Dan, legitimately thinking the Mario Party games are good might be the most baffling.

I now have an answer for the Bombcast email they had about gaming opinions that would make you dismiss anything else a person might have to say.

Rapstah

3 hours into MPP3.

Out of all the stupid, egg-shells-are-food level bullshit we've heard from Dan, legitimately thinking the Mario Party games are good might be the most baffling.

I now have an answer for the Bombcast email they had about gaming opinions that would make you dismiss anything else a person might have to say.

Why are you so offended by Dan's opinions? Calm down, lmao ;)

Myggen

Mario Party Party 3 turns into the most tense/excruciating/awkward piece of content Giant Bomb has ever produced.

It is glorious.

The Running Of The Lanterns: Finale...? tops this by a country mile.

3 hours into MPP3.

He's said before that he enjoys the games but would probably only give them a mediocre score in a review because he recognizes that they're not good games in that sense. So, chill.

fwpx

Yeah the MPP3 video is kind of a drag. Brad is being such a dick throughout this entire thing. Totally soured my love of this new series.

sjack

Banned
I am baffled people say THIS is the best MPP entry in the series.

Yeah the MPP3 video is kind of a drag. Brad is being such a dick throughout this entire thing. Totally soured my love of this new series.

meh people need to realize that brad is just over exaggerating and he's not being genuine

Man, just got to the part about brad complaining about dan being hyper-competitive.

A bit of a pot calling kettle black moment there.

Brad is so salty.

It's really amusing to see Brad pretend not to care, yet whenever the game swung for or against him, his face showed otherwise.

Turnstyle

Breaking Brad needs to come back. I mean the traditional Breaking Brad, not the new 'Break Brad via Mario Party'. Since he's already done Doom 1 & 2, I suggested Doom 64 on his Tumblr a while ago. He didn't respond, which I assume means that he's definitely planning it and doesn't want to let the cat out of the bag.

Which I've now done. Damn it.

Jothel

This didn't have the laugh out loud moments of MPP2 but I still watched the whole 4 hours so it must've been doing something right.

Myggen

Dan keeps mentioning on stream that MPP 3 is considered to be the best out of the N64 ones

Might be true. I've always heard that MP2 and MP3 are considered the best MP games, with most people preferring MP2. But I think most people agree that the N64 era of MP is as good as it gets :p

Might be true. I've always heard that MP2 and MP3 are considered the best MP games, with most people preferring MP2. But I think most people agree that the N64 era of MP is as good as it gets :p

How is this even possible?

MP3 looked the best of what they've played because at least they weren't repeating the same mini-game every turn.

Xater

Those are still some real garbage games. Calling them "best" seems unjustified. Should be "slightly less shitty"

Jesus... Iike, does the CEO of Hudson have some Yakuza ransom dirt on Nintendo or something? That's got to be the only reason that the Mario Party games even exist, right?

It can never get better/worse than this. That 4 hours was an amazing, excrutiating watch.

... I don't know that I even WANT to see a Mario Party Party 4.
Especially if Dan wins AGAIN, come on now. It's like shoving gold into Smaug's pleasure centers.

sjack

Banned
How is this even possible?

MP3 looked the best of what they've played because at least they weren't repeating the same mini-game every turn.

Yeah, but al the mini-games were forgetable garabge, the map just plain sucked, and all the item bullshit, and additional battle modes just added an extra layer of unnecessary bullshit that was already there. At least the last game had that lazer gimmick that let you fuck over the other players.

Myggen

Those are still some real garbage games. Calling them "best" seems unjustified. Should be "slightly less shitty"

That's why I said "peaked" earlier. No Mario Party game I've played has been good, but I really enjoyed playing the N64 games with friends back in the day.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, but al the mini-games were forgetable garabge, the map just plain sucked, and all the item bullshit, and additional battle modes just added an extra layed of unnecessary bullshit that was already there. At least the last game had that lazer gimmick that let you fuck over the other players.

It's not like dota man. Each game has different maps.

Xater

Jesus... Iike, does the CEO of Hudson have some Yakuza ransom dirt on Nintendo or something? That's got to be the only reason that the Mario Party games even exist, right?

It can never get better/worse than this. That 4 hours was an amazing, excrutiating watch.

... I don't know that I even WANT to see a Mario Party Party 4.
Especially if Dan wins AGAIN, come on now. It's like shoving gold into Smaug's pleasure centers.

The sad part is this series sells for whatever god damn reason.

On Amazon.de MP10 is already at rank 3 for best selling Wii U titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom