• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jams775

Watching Mario Party Party 3, and Brad set a world record.

No human being has ever moved the goalposts on a single subject as fast and furiously as Brad did in the 'N64=worst console' discussion.

First, he says "One of the worst consoles ever made." Dan names 6 other terrible ones, Brad says "those don't count!!!"

Then, he says "One of the worst nintendo machines ever made." Dan names virtual boy.

Brad moves the goalposts again, claiming that he only meant Nintendo machines that hooked up to a TV. Then he tells Dan not to "take it so personally."

You don't need to always be right, Brad. Fighting so hard that you have to make stuff up just to be right? It's not a good look.

That said, good job as podcast host this week.

They're both neogaf users after all. Though I do think the N64 controller had to be one of the worst official controllers ever made.

justjim89

I still don't see how people put PS1 over N64. Off the top of my head I can name 25 games I loved on N64 and maybe 3 on PS1.

I'll readily admit I was a Nintendo kid, but what was there really on PS1? Metal Gear, Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy 7, and ... that's it?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I still don't see how people put PS1 over N64. Off the top of my head I can name 25 games I loved on N64 and maybe 3 on PS1.

I'll readily admit I was a Nintendo kid, but what was there really on PS1? Metal Gear, Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy 7, and ... that's it?

There are probably 25 JRPGs better than Final Fantasy 7 available on PSX, for starters. That's a big part of the reason why some of the community remembers it so fondly.

Xater

Crazy talk. Also don't do this because list warsis frowned upon. The PSone had one of the best software libraries of all time, rivaling the SNES, the N64 not so much.

erawsd

I kinda got really bored watching MPP3 last night.

Same, I ended up skipping around a lot. This one really confirmed my previous thought about the joke getting stale and Id rather they spend the 4 hrs (28hrs if they do them all) doing something fresh.

FluxWaveZ

I'm watching the Mario Party 3 video right now. It's alright, but I always think back to how I had so much fun with the Fortune Street video. It's a better game, which helps a lot after the novelty wears off.

Suikoden

Vagrant story

Tekken 3

Ridge racer type 4

Gran turismo

Rollcage

Xenogears

Parasite eve

Twisted metal

Final fantasy tactics

Etc etc

Brad is right about the n64

I probably have so fond memories of the thing cause at the time I hardly got more then two games a year.

I had just started working at that time, still in high school, and had disposable income for exactly that type of thing. I ended up buying a PS1 to make up for the N64 games I wasn't buying. Still loved it, when stuff actually came out.

sjack

Banned

Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon trilogy, Final Fantasy 9, Final Fantasy Tactics, Silent Hill, Tekken 2 & 3, Klonoa, Oddworld Abe's Odyssey and many, many more.

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
I love the N64 but I don't get how people can get so hung up on this.
Yeah he said "ever made" but I did get what he meant by that. Obviously there are worse consoles out there but he was talking in a "consoles that actually mattered" sense. At least that's what I thought. I guess I'm just good at not taking people too literal.

Yeah, either I'm so obsessed with being right at all costs that I'll make up whatever bullshit along the way, or... I was trying to respect the audience's intelligence enough not to spell out that I wasn't comparing the N64 to the Jaguar or the fucking Virtual Boy. Christ.

Jams775

*list*

Brad is right about the n64
Lists are subjective but I didn't play most of those games back when they released save for 3 or so and I know they're amazing now, I just missed out on them.

Tony Hawk 1 & 2 (N64 had pathetic versions with short looping songs, fog, etc)
THRASHER Presents: Skate and Destory
Dave Mirra BMX
Bushido Blade
King's Field
Time Crisis
Warhawk
Spiderman
Jet Moto
Jackie Chan's Stuntmaster
Disruptor
Syphon Filter
Crash Bandicoot 1 & 2 & Crash Team Racing
X Games and 2Xtreme
Coolboarders 1 & 2 & 3
Reel Fishing (and the endless awesome fishing games)
WWF Smackdown 1 & 2 (best wrestling games made)
Plus more games than I can even remember.

erawsd

I'm watching the Mario Party 3 video right now. It's alright, but I always think back to how I had so much fun with the Fortune Street video. It's a better game, which helps a lot after the novelty wears off.

Agreed. The crew was also much more engaged and invested in figuring out the nuiance of the game. In the latest MPP no except Dan cares about winning.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
You know you're in early 3D home gaming when you can't get out of a top ten list before somebody mentions a home port of a light gun game and Jackie Chan's Stuntmaster.

FluxWaveZ

Weird, tried watching the Fortune Street video and couldn't get into it.

Oh man, it was fantastic. How much of it did you watch? There were so many mind games, betrayals and just generally screwing other people over intentionally going on after the midway point.

Oh man, it was fantastic. How much of it did you watch? There were so many mind games, betrayals and just generally screwing other people over intentionally going on after the midway point.

when, about an hour in, Jeff lets slip that he read the wiki page before the show, there was no turning back.

So good.

Jams775

You know you're in early 3D home gaming when you can't get out of a top ten list before somebody mentions a home port of a light gun game and Jackie Chan's Stuntmaster.

Jackie Chan's Stuntmaster is still fun af.

A8DvWAG.gif

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Jeff just tweeted that it sounds like Giant Bomb will cease putting any Nintendo coverage up on YouTube:

So... sucks if you consume their content from there.
Here are some details:
https://r.ncp.nintendo.net/guide/

This sounds crazy to me:

Q: If I registered a channel, will all of the videos in that channel be included in the Nintendo Creators Program?
A: Yes, all videos in the channel will be included in the program. Please keep this in mind if your channel contains videos that do not include Nintendo intellectual property.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Jackie Chan's Stuntmaster is still fun af.

I might have mistaken it for Jackie Chan's Fist of Fire. Quick search shows I've never encountered Stuntmaster before.

I still doubt your sanity and all, but there's some room to believe that somebody accidentally made a good Jackie Chan game for Playstation.

Brashnir

Here are some details:

This sounds crazy to me:

Q: If I registered a channel, will all of the videos in that channel be included in the Nintendo Creators Program?
A: Yes, all videos in the channel will be included in the program. Please keep this in mind if your channel contains videos that do not include Nintendo intellectual property.

Wow. What a bunch of shitheads Nintendo are becoming.

A shame about Bot Colony. I hope Velvet Sundown is doing okay. I'd buy the premium episodes if it wasn't a subscription.

Those Nintendo monitisation rules do put Giant Bomb in an awkward position. I think the terms are reasonably fair for individuals, but given than a significant minority of videos GB put out are for Nintendo titles, I can see why Jeff said that since they'd have to either pay a slice on ALL their videos to Nintendo, even if it's another platform, or they'd have to create a separate Giant Bomb Nintendo YouTube channel which I imagine wouldn't be compatible with their CMS.

I wonder if Nintendo will go after outlets that just host content themselves. Can they even?

why isnt Jason in more videos again? Mario Party got way better when Drew left and he joined

Jason's stint of the live stream(Not MPP, I meant the Extra Life stream) was probably my favorite. I think he'd be great for more features. I especially want to see him and Dan interact more since they have more of a history.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Here are some details:

This sounds crazy to me:

Wait what.
So Nintendo is actually trying to take ad revenue for videos about games not made by Nintendo?
This is fucking hilarious if true.

sjack

Banned
Fortune Street is very pedestrian until around half way through, much like the Mario Party vids honestly.

Yeah, I just tried watching it again and honestly can't get into. It has to do with a lack Dan's energy and also Fortune Street looks like a glorified monopoly game with Nintendo characters (I hate Monopoly btw)

Jams775

I might have mistaken it for Jackie Chan's Fist of Fire. Quick search shows I've never encountered Stuntmaster before.

I still doubt your sanity and all, but there's some room to believe that somebody accidentally made a good Jackie Chan game for Playstation.

It's basically a beat'em up.

Here's the first level. I played the game while really into Jackie Chan movies too so that helped at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtqZl2tr_EE

I also stand by Time Crisis ( and Silent Scope for that matter) console ports. I used to go to the arcade a lot back then and as you can probably tell by my list of games, a bit of a hyper active player. I didn't have time for silly ass RPG's or none of that nonsense. I was used to pick up and play games. Hell I didn't have a memory card for the first year or so of having a Playstation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom