• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

chogidogs

Is 404 the podcast where the host asked Vinny how to be good at twitter? Cause that was the moment where I thought that Vinny was sent to NY to give "how to be awesome" webinars.

Kimaka

I was looking for video of a game and came upon Danny O'Dwyer doing a "random encounter" of it, however the video on youtube and gamespot is only 12 minutes of a clearly longer stream he used to do. Have these streams been archived anywhere? I imagine they would be fun content but as far as I can tell they aren't online anymore.

I have most of them uploaded here. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjy0DjaqMnr83JxVpX_bgUU7DpJWA1YxD
Didn't manage to get them all since Twitch started deleting its archives by the time I started saving them.

What sort of fucking carnival mirror garbage world is Dan living in where he's rather play Sonic Adventure than Skies of Arcadia

Skies of Arcadia has aged really poorly, especially the original DC release. Hell even at release, Skies of Arcadia was a game better in concept than in practice.

fleck0

Has Giant Bomb ever played Rocket Jockey on video? I know they've mentioned it. Vinny's adventure gaming PC could probably run it.

jaina

And did his GF beat FFX without doing any side stuff? That's really impressive with how OP the final boss is without doing side stuff.

No ultimate weapons for at least Tidus and Lulu. Wakka's is also unlikely or we would've heard more Blitzball rants. Don't know about other side missions.

BearPawB

Banned
Skies Of Arcadia is one of the best games of all time and I will hear no other arguments

latest

The weapons are so cool

swimbuff

Hey that 404 podcast Vinny was a guest on with fake Jeff is a pretty good listen. Funnier than any recent bombcasts, at least. Vinny really needs to be on another regular podcast, maybe after their studio is ready.

jaina

Hey that 404 podcast Vinny was a guest on with fake Jeff is a pretty good listen. Funnier than any recent bombcasts, at least. Vinny really needs to be on another regular podcast, maybe after their studio is ready.

They missed that NX had been called a "dedicated gaming hardware" which pretty much rules out "phone" and did not talk about the membership service, but all around a decent listen. And the podcast studio <-> GBeast studio audio link gets mentioned once again :)

I seriously love Skies of Acradia but I sure can't fault them for not wanting to play anymore of that demo. I'm not sure how you could make a proper one for Skies.....maybe something that would show off its more unique elements like outfitting your sky ship and island along with acquiring a crew. I don't know. All I know is I sure as hell wouldn't want to go near it if all I had to judge it by was that demo.

I wonder if the ship battle section would've been any better

Myggen

I seriously love Skies of Acradia but I sure can't fault them for not wanting to play anymore of that demo. I'm not sure how you could make a proper one for Skies.....maybe something that would show off its more unique elements like outfitting your sky ship and island along with acquiring a crew. I don't know. All I know is I sure as hell wouldn't want to go near it if all I had to judge it by was that demo.

I wonder if the ship battle section would've been any better

JRPGs in general don't show well at all in demos except if it's very action focussed, which Skies isn't. Still I love that them dismissing the demo is enough for some people to get angry in the comments. Dreamcast games you probably haven't played since they came out is serious business.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
When they exited out of the menu from Dynamite Cop at 7:30 I spent a minute to check my anti-virus program before I realized the sound came from the video....

Xater

I remember enjoying the game on pc and I think I actually finished it.. I'm not a Kiss fan!

Looking at Wikipedia, there seems to be a big discrepancy between DC and PC scores. Also it ran on Lithtech 2.0, so no wonder it sucked so bad on DC.

I remember playing a PC demo and not haring it. It was just nothing special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom