• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay so since everyone just keeps lazily listing beth and detroit rock city here is a list of amazing kiss songs

I Was Made For Lovin' You

Rock & Roll All Nite

Strutter

Heavens on Fire

Calling Dr. Love

Hard Luck Woman

Lick it Up

Love Gun

I Love It Loud

You have to understand why Kiss is great. They're not accomplished amazing musicians creating great works to stand the test of time. They're a circus act, a spectacle. Entertainment is their only goal, whether that's through action figures or comics, fireworks or tongues, it's all about fun. Rock was starting to take itself too seriously and really missing out of the soul of just having a good time.

I've never heard of Dynamite Cops but it looks amazing

I don't know if they talked about it in the video, but the story behind it is funny. Sega basically made a wacky bootleg-ass Die Hard game that was then officially rebranded as Die Hard Arcade in other territories. Dynamite Cop is the even goofier sequel that they didn't bother to get the license for.

They then re-released the first game without the Die Hard license

Nobody seems to know if they originally intended to get the license or if it just happened to work out that way

oh yeah and the best part is that the bootleg version looks more like Bruce Willis than the officially licensed one

diehardarcade.jpg
dynamitedeka.jpg

Megasoum

Banned
Man Starlancer was so fucking cool on PC. I remember it looking amazing and having almost instant loading which was special at the time.

That dreamcast version is rouuuughhhh

Zebetite

Banned
If KISS didn't exist we probably wouldn't have gotten the first two Weezer records, so I almost want to forgive any transgressions.

But, because KISS exists, we also probably got every other Weezer record, so I don't think I can.

FStop7

Banned
You have to understand why Kiss is great. They're not accomplished amazing musicians creating great works to stand the test of time. They're a circus act, a spectacle. Entertainment is their only goal, whether that's through action figures or comics, fireworks or tongues, it's all about fun. Rock was starting to take itself too seriously and really missing out of the soul of just having a good time.

Yeah I've heard this same crap from Juggalos, too. Doesn't work for them, either.

Anjin M

I'm off to see Cinderella. Don't start the new thread without me.

Also, if we could stop talking about KISS, that would be great.

jaina

okay so since everyone just keeps lazily listing beth and detroit rock city here is a list of amazing kiss songs

I Was Made For Lovin' You

Rock & Roll All Nite

Strutter

Heavens on Fire

Calling Dr. Love

Hard Luck Woman

Lick it Up

Love Gun

I Love It Loud

I have seen Kiss live in 2010 and they really surprised me. Was a FUN show. I still listen occasionally to God gave rock n roll to you.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so with Vinny "gone" is it only Brad left that likes the souls series, thus the only one that will like / play Bloodborne? Maybe Jason?

jaina

At this rate the only question is whether Jimmy has to stay up late or get up early tomorrow morning.

edit: thanks for the THPS playlist

Myggen

so with Vinny "gone" is it only Brad left that likes the souls series, thus the only one that will like / play Bloodborne? Maybe Jason?

Dan is playing it too right now. He liked DS2, which is the only Souls game he's played for any amount of time.

Going by Twitter, Brad and Vinny are gonna do a few videos similar to the ones they did for DS2.

jaina

Can't wait for the people complaining about "too much Bloodborne coverage". On a side note, I'm proud to finally remember not to type Bloodbourne.

Volotaire

In MGS3, I just beat
The Sorrow. That was an odd detour but I loved the solution . Oddly eerie and uncomfortable but also humorous because it was a completely Kojima set piece. The ghosty noises topped it off haha.
Also, you can't explain that by nano-machines!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom