• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread The Third: #TeamBrad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Remember reading an article that volition thought about putting geomod into saints row 3, but decided not to, because of all the indoor missions. It'd break the game.

Yeah, for some inexplicable reason they decided to have that game take place in fucking boring caves. Blew my mind at the time (in a bad way).

I was heartbroken when I found out about this. I was expecting orbital strikes in giant fields of concrete, steel and rebels.

Instead we got magnets and air locker combat areas.

Should I buy Pure (for 15 eurobucks)?

I like arcade racers, and I remember playing Pure's demo and thinking it was decent fun.

Also, was the Xbox 360 version of Red Faction: Guerrila good?

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
Surely you do for reviews? I mean when you consider which reviews to do. Also I'm sure Jeff said back in the old office that he wanted to do more video reviews if he could as they get a ton of hits, but it's just not feasible with only Vinny and Drew to edit.

OK, I should clarify--it is not necessarily top of mind. Obviously, we will sometimes lean into content that provides good traffic, but it's also only being created when we know we're also enjoying making it. That was the case with video reviews, and it serviced both as a traffic driver and quality content that added to the site. When we made the transition to CBS, we were forced to do more with less, and that was cut. Bottom line, there's never a time where we have a meeting and go "hey, I wonder how we can drum up some more hits!"

That's cool. Did you see it [Deadly Premonition Director's Cut] already? Just wondering how noticeably different it is from the original game.

No, sadly not. Looking forward to seeing it in April, though.

Kritz

Banned
Man, I'm still bummed I blew my chances to be in the Red Faction part of TNT. I created the server that Brad eventually joined, but exited out to start a gametype with more players. But while I was doing that, Brad joined the party I was just in and it started.

I didn't even get to play a pity game because once Brad got in a game everyone else in the game quit out. :<

Ah well.

Vire

Anyone have a high res version of it? I'd love to see a steady shot.

Mailbags have gotten extra crazy as of late... dinosaur fossils, insane custom made posters, hundreds of games from old collections.

What's next?

Vire

Found it :)
2394078-giantbombposter_super.jpg

2394079-giantbombposterdetail.jpg

Great work duder. Patrick is brilliant in that.

Should I buy Pure (for 15 eurobucks)?

I like arcade racers, and I remember playing Pure's demo and thinking it was decent fun.

Also, was the Xbox 360 version of Red Faction: Guerrila good?
Yes and yes. Pure gets really tough (due to an adaptive difficulty system) although strangely you can trick it into being easier by replaying the tutorial lap and doing badly.

RFG is amazing although I recommend playing on easy so you can have more fun (knocking down buildings with relative impunity) than frustration (getting mobbed by EDF soldiers).

I can't wait for the new site to launch, so I can watch all videos on their new player. The current one never really gave me trouble before but it's pretty much broken these days. The only option that allows you to skip around the video is the HTML5, and I've has issue with that player in that if I stop for more than 10 seconds it resets the video.

New player seems way better, plus it saves your place which is great. Bring on the new site!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom