• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GQ: "Dwayne Johnson for President!"

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Well...

State of the Union would be badass.

"AND THESE JABRONIS ON THE FREEDOM CAUCUS WANNA GO ONE ON ONE WITH THE GREAT ONE?! PRESIDENT ROCK WILL LAYETH THE SMACKETH DOWN ON THEIR CANDY ASS!"

Ending the SOU with "IFFF YOU SMELLLLLL... what the ROCK... is COOKIN!"

I'm on board. Can't be worse than we have now.

SUPARSTARX

I think Kane's running for mayor somewhere. Rock as president? Let's start slow man.

But yeah, anybody is better than what we have in the office right now. Seriously.

Dwayn Johnson holds very conservative views when it comes to the justice system.

He was vocal in favor of seeing 13 year old Lionel Tate get sentenced as an adult for Tate's mimicking of a wrestling move on 6 year old Tiffany Eunick which killed her

oti

Banned
People who could be running for President in the next election (so far):

- Oprah
- Dwayne Johnson
- Scientists

Aiii

So not worth it
Can you guys maybe just elect qualified politicians from here on out instead, that would be very nice, America. Much appreciated.

Can you guys maybe just elect qualified politicians from here on out instead, that would be very nice, America. Much appreciated.

If he composes a competent team around him and actually listens to their advice, how much of an issue would it be? The guy basically runs a business empire right now (not a bullshit one like Trump either).

DJ Gunner

I'm a pretty staunch democrat and I would 100% vote for Johnson in any election over what I've seen on both sides of the political aisle for the last 24 months.

And to anyone saying he "doesn't sound like he knows what he's talking about"-

Are you fucking kidding me?

Our current president can't even form complete sentences and Dwayne Johnson sounds like he doesn't know what he's talking about?

Thank you for the best laugh I've had all day.

I'm a pretty staunch democrat and I would 100% vote for Johnson in any election over what I've seen on both sides of the political aisle for the last 24 months.

Our current president can't even form complete sentences and Dwayne Johnson sounds like he doesn't know what he's talking about?

That's the lowest of bars.

Oersted

This..
Over And over..
I understand the hate for trump, but at least do a THEORETICAL upgrade, not a sidegrade..
Don't you have anyone that has done anything meaningful (politically) in his career and with at least some integrity that is willing to run for the presidency?

Rock has basic human decency.

Trump... well... has not.

Wagram

Since we've moved into the era where anyone can be President, I actually think Rock would do an alright job. He's actually a decent human being with an ability to negotiate and reason. He would do an infinitely better job than Trump.

Sounds exactly like the type of bullshit that a majority of "average" americans want.

Yep. That's what I find scary. He could win on that platform.

Holy shit. This is how Trump won. #BothSides

When the current POTUS throws literal tantrums on Twitter, ACTUALLY has no fucking clue what he's talking about regarding -anything- and may very well turn out to be under a foreign nations influence, Johnson looks like JFK.

I'm inclined to agree.

I would prefer it however to have a climate scientist in office to save the world first. After that's done, we can let the regular circus programming resume.

Which is why you have him being careful about what he says, why he's fence sitting really hard with that "independent" shit. I feel that's more for the sake of the people who like him because THE TROOPS, and he's probably worried that those people are pretty sensitive to the notion of someone self-identifying as liberal. They can act like a progressive, and push progressive notions, so long as they couch those notions in the safety of being fair-and-down-the-middle.

Which is what he seems to be doing more than anything.

Yeah that seemed readily apparent to me as well.

Mass One

I have been saying this forever. The Rock runs as a Republican will win hands down. He's got the right "look". As long as he distances himself from the nation of domination era. Shoot a couple guns, shake a few cop hands, and talk about how blm protesting and abortion is vaguely bad. Boom 46th.

For all of you eating this fluff piece up, you're marks being worked into a shoot.

I love watching the Rock perform, not govern. He would get wiped off the floor in any negotiations. He would be laughed off of the Congress floor or at any meeting of substance. He was also goaded into that huge leadership question and barely scraped by without offending anyone.

Let's not allow the US to become a bigger joke.

How about voting for people who actually have vested interest and the skillset in seeing the country succeed and achieve, hm? Replacing celebrity with celebrity is the dumbest idea I've heard all year.

jdstorm

Banned
Chris Evans or Matt Damon would both be better choices (as Dem candidates) but The Rock would do really well if given the opportunity.

Cyan

Banned
For all of you eating this fluff piece up, you're marks being worked into a shoot.

I love watching the Rock perform, not govern. He would get wiped off the floor in any negotiations. He would be laughed off of the Congress floor or at any meeting of substance. He was also goaded into that huge leadership question and barely scraped by without offending anyone.

Let's not allow the US to become a bigger joke.

How about voting for people who actually have vested interest and the skillset in seeing the country succeed and achieve, hm? Replacing celebrity with celebrity is the dumbest idea I've heard all year.
The Rock is real, and strong, and he's the best possible candidate for President of the United States.

Kr0ni

Neo Member
Donald Trump vs The Rock at Wrestlemania for the Presidency of the United States of America. With a special stipulation of loser leaves America added at the start of the match.

Let's go.

Arol

He'd alienate people as soon as he had to actually take positions that wouldn't be popular within different groups of people.

Dude seems like he just wants people to like him honestly, not sure how he'd deal with half the country hating him just because he ran with a specific party. (Democrat or Republican).

Lol until there's actually a prerequisite to becoming the president (and there isn't minus the need for an enormous amount of cash), the bar for president will continue to drop.

mdubs

Banned
I'd support it. He's a good dude, and I don't see any other people running for president who are a 10 time world champion

RedHill

Banned
Let's not turn this into a meme. That's part of how Trump happened when you have a shit ton of people voting for "Harambe" and "Deez Nuts." He's an actor with acting obligations far past the next election since he's Black Adam. Can we actually talk about actual politicians that are running and know what they're talking about.

Top Bottom