• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 • Coming on PS3 Holiday 2013

Smokey

Some of you guys are seriously making mountains out of mole hills.

God of War II was released in 2007, after the PS3 was released, and everything turned out just fine.

I'm sure GT6 will do just fine and won't hinder PS4 sales.

Early ps3 systems also had BC.

Ps4 does not. Going to have to keep both ps3 and ps4 hooked up to your tv...

Oh good lord this is so:

1367271496193.gif

Sexy.

THANK YOU BASED SONY ;_;

Who, what where why and how?

Catching up with the news now. All of this is nothing short of amazing.

The car and track customization features are what I've been expecting from a Gran Turismo since forever.
I'll definitely buy it day 1 and even buy some fo the DLC for this one.

Can't wait!

I don't know why people are so surprised. This has always been PD's m.o.

PS1: GT1, GT2
PS2: GT3, GT4
PS3: GT5, GT6

It's the timing more than anything. I fully expected GT6 on PS3, but last year. After it failed to materialise, I was fully set on GT6 appearing on PS4 in the second wave of titles.

thuway

Disappointing that they are basically tuning it into a DLC cash cow, its guaranteed there is going to be held back DLC tracks and Cars given the announcement so early not the way anyone wanted to see the franchise go. Only 7 new tracks is proof of this also.

PD wants to create momentum month per month. Many folks buy GT, play it for a few months, and never play it again. This subscription based model (and with PlayStation Plus discounts), should insure a far more engaging customer and developer experience.

My big question is whether the standard tracks in the previous title were upgraded or not.

StuBurns

Banned
I don't know why people are so surprised. This has always been PD's m.o.

PS1: GT1, GT2
PS2: GT3, GT4
PS3: GT5, GT6
And SE will fail to ship three numbered Final Fantasies per generation for the first time ever, and they've been doing it two generations longer.

Times change, market realities arise and force adaptation from publishers. I don't think anyone thinks GT6 shouldn't be on PS3, of course it should, but it should be on PS4 too, but it almost certainly will be anyway.

Zep

Banned
It's the timing more than anything. I fully expected GT6 on PS3, but last year. After it failed to materialise, I was fully set on GT6 appearing on PS4 in the second wave of titles.

Are 10 million people going to trade in their PS3's this November? Pretty obvious why its coming out for the console. It's been explained.

You just don't release Gran Turismo for a brand new console...You make an event out of it 6 months-one year later.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I can predict Gran Turismo 6: Spec II appearing on PS4. Maybe.

Makes sense, they will probably start a port soon if they haven't already. After Drive club has had six months in the spot light, GT6 super HD version will come out.

And SE will fail to ship three numbered Final Fantasies per generation for the first time ever, and they've been doing it two generations longer.

Times change, market realities arise and force adaptation from publishers. I don't think anyone thinks GT6 shouldn't be on PS3, of course it should, but it should be on PS4 too, but it almost certainly will be anyway.

Le Lightning Trilogy

I see no mention of Premium VS Standard. 1200 cars would lead me to believe both will still be in the game. Any word on this, or if they are all premium (fingers crossed however unlikely)

thuway

I see no mention of Premium VS Standard. 1200 cars would lead me to believe both will still be in the game. Any word on this, or if they are all premium (fingers crossed however unlikely)

If the count is correct, there should be 430 Premium Cars, and 770 Standard Cars. We're slowly getting there.

Syn23

Do you guys think that the new game engine will improve alpha channel resolution?

That was my main issue with GT5 graphics.

PD wants to create momentum month per month. Many folks buy GT, play it for a few months, and never play it again. This subscription based model (and with PlayStation Plus discounts), should insure a far more engaging customer and developer experience.

My big question is whether the standard tracks in the previous title were upgraded or not.

The screenshot of Autumn Ring looks like old Autumn Ring, but with leaves on the track.
I thought one of the old PS2 concept or prologue games had moving leaves on that track too, can't remember.

If the count is correct, there should be 430 Premium Cars, and 770 Standard Cars. We're slowly getting there.

It will be closer than that as at least some in the trailer are remodelled Standards.

What's the deal with the GPS track creator? That's big news but they glossed over it, which suggests some muppet got his wires crossed when reporting it?

Somebody ask the US blog to clarify or tell that GTplanet Jordan to ask Kazzie.

Fuck yes!

I hope they've got the Zakspeed Capri in the game.

SkylineRKR

If this comes out before the Ps4, i'll buy it. If its after.. I'll probably buy it too. Its still a big release. Drive club i'll buy as well, its more PGR like and seems to be awesome online.

Are 70 million people going to trade in their PS3's this November? Pretty obvious why its coming out for the console. It's been explained.

Yep.

How many people do you really expect to buy a PS4 within the first year of launch.

It took the PS3 over a year to sell 10 million units.

Releasing GT6 on the PS3 is a no-brainer, release a next-gen title 1-2 years down the line of the PS4.

Are 70 million people going to trade in their PS3's this November? Pretty obvious why its coming out for the console. It's been explained.

You just don't release Gran Turismo for a brand new console...You make an event out of it 6 months-one year later.

Or release it both day one. Best of both worlds. Drive Club could have realistically been delayed if Sony were worried about them both appealing to the same market.

Gestault

What about it? It's already there in GT5.

It's only there in proper form on WRC cars, which are a tiny fraction of the vehicles. I think it's fair to say it doesn't have it, and I'd like to know if they've changed this for GT6. That would be awesome.

cbox

GT6 and The next forza need , NEED to have a coastal road or at least, a very long 20+km track point to point. I don't always want to race on a closed track environment.

saladine1

Possibly a livery editor since they were working on that during GT5's development.

What's your take on the lack of any mention of audio overhaul?

No overhaul?
E3 reveal...?

Kind of strange that pretty much graphics, cars, tracks, features..etc get touched upon but no mention of sound...

I'm getting scared....

Also, can't wait to see PD cut a Bathurst trailer...that's got to be epic!

Respawn

Banned
I'm a little confused as to what about my post is trolling. It's a genuine question, but then he's seemingly stalking my posts and occasionally, wrongly calling me out for trolling...very bizarre.

Dude please. Its not this thread alone but to not get entangled any further I apologize to GAF and will stay on topic.

Man

PS3 GT6 defenders: 99% of the people pissed about no current PS4 announcement actually don't mind if the game exists on PS3 in addition.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
While I understand the 70 million user base argument, seems short sighted IMO. It would be like MS launching a new Halo on the 360 this winter or Mario in Wii last year - seems to send the wrong message. Isn't the point to drive sales of the PS4 by making software available on it thats not available on another machine?

dalin80

Banned
In this thread- pathetic bitching and whining about where a game isn't rather talking about what it is.

Oh no, a game is on a different platform from what I thought and is a completely optional purchase! we're all doomed!

guit3457

Thats Ronda in Malaga (Spain). Beautiful city by the way, I have been there a lot of times....It's amazing they have chosen that city.

qLCIqG1.jpg

Curufinwe

PS3 GT6 defenders: 99% of the people pissed about no current PS4 announcement actually don't mind if the game exists on PS3 in addition.

No shit. But Polyphony's development resources aren't infinite, so it makes sense they are releasing another GT game on the system that already has a massive user base before moving on to PS4 development.

Zep

Banned
Or release it both day one. Best of both worlds. Drive Club could have realistically been delayed if Sony were worried about them both appealing to the same market.

This is like asking Rockstar to re-release GTA 5 on a brand new console...Why would you do it on an install base that's so low? We won't be seeing $600 consoles this time around, so the PS4 will be flying off the shelves regardless of Gran Turismo. Sony knows this and is why they know they can hold off on announcing it as a launch title. They will double dip off all our asses and they know we'll take it, gladly.

Hate to sound like a broken record but you don't treat GT as a launch game. Save that for
Ridge Racer. :D

commedieu

Banned
well.. the only reason I buy playstations is for The King. Now wtf am I supposed to do? Stop my PS4 hype.. hmm.. Seems cost effective.

I'll do whatever PD wants me to do.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Still uses ps2 assets? Dead god PD just let it go already!

As for this hitting Drive Club hard... There's plenty of room in the market and they have slightly different audiences anyway. It should be fine.

Top Bottom