• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

If you have a 4k tv you cant choose. It defaults to 4k. However if you close the game go to ps4 settings and change the ps4 output resolution to 1080 than you can pick either the downsample option or framerate

Feel free to correct me if wrong, but when i was doing tests before the game unlocked thats how it worked.
Ok, I’ll try this...Tks man

Yeah replays looks so much better at 60

For reference, the native output of the pictures is 3840 x 2160 (72dpi) in 2K mode.

So you reduced the resolution manually?
And what is the HQ mode even doing now if not the resolution? In this mode half of the picture is real 4K and the other half not. Maybe it really is a bug, I don't know, but it looks just bad in 4K.

They did it. Polyphony digital. They fucking did it.

Phenomenal visuals, sublime gameplay. Good lord.

giphy.gif

So you reduced the resolution manually?
And what is the HQ mode even doing now? In this mode half of the picture is real 4K and the other half not. Maybe it really is a bug, I don't know, but it looks just bad in 4K.

I reduced the dimensions in my shots by 50% to go easier on people's bandwidth here.

The game looks great — almost lifelike — but the bumper car damage of 1999 is getting mighty old.

So not lifelike?

And I feel like I'm missing something. I'm not really that impressed with the racing aspect of the game. It looks pretty, but it strikes me as rather shallow.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still buy it because I love my racing games, and it is (marginally) better than the last GT offering, but I don't get all of the love for this demo.

ty_hot

2 Sport races. First I started 4th, ended 2nd almost won.

Second race I was pole position, first turn they hit my back, I went out of the track, came back 5th... Got tk 2nd in the same lap. They did the same again, went tk 3rd, then got to the first place. First victory!

Feels good, but its annoying that people keep hitting you in the back before every turn. I hope they have some long term plan for avoiding this kind of people to race with you. I didnt touch anyone while I was overtaking them. Meh.

bombshell

The trolls are here.

I'll just put my tip from previous page here again, maybe you all found it already.

I found that you can change theme colour of the UI: Press Options button anywhere and it's in the wrench (right word?) icon in the top left corner.

JP

Never mind how good this looks, it feels so damn good to play. I'm loving what they've done with the handling.

I also really like that they're almost constantly giving you points whatever it is you're doing. I didn't see the achievement section at first but when I went in there and saw that it had been tracking pretty much everything I had been doing and that I could trade in things like the distance I'd driven for more experience points, it was such a nice surprise.

For the amount of "stuff" in this game I'm really liked the UI, it's all so well organised and really easy to find what you're looking for.

I've not had a proper look at the in depth racing options but has anybody seen a "realistic" option for driving aids so that if a car has ABS or ASM in real life it will also have it in the game but cars that don't have these in real life will still not have them in the game? That's actually my favourite thing in Project Cars 2.

GHG

You did? With a wheel I imagine? Cause it's not very easy fo me with the controller.

Wait till you get to 6-2.

Nope with a controller, I'll see if I can get the video uploaded for you now.

It helps that I know Interlagos reasonably well as it's one of my all time favourite tracks.

How the hell did they get the scapes lighting to reflect off cars and cars themselves have reflections in the water in scapes? I thought scapes were prerendered, what witchcraft is this?

DeaDPo0L84

Dumb question I know but if im playing on a 1080p monitor with no hdr then my settings should be 2K with downsampling, no hdr, and I personally picked prioritize quality. Just making sure im not missing some magical graphics option. Game looks nuts as it is.

KdotIX

How the hell did they get the scapes lighting to reflect off cars and cars themselves have reflections in the water in scapes? I thought scapes were prerendered, what witchcraft is this?

They used high end Sony cameras (and maybe some other proprietary software) to capture all the advanced meta-data when snapping the pictures of the scapes - this includes all the lighting information at the time of capture. There was an article about it ages ago.

I think of it as some kind of hybrid between pre-rendered and real time. Its really neat stuff - takes photo modes to a new level entirely.

Sebmugi

the photo mode is good ... full but I think it still a little too much aliasing after the capture process .. has to see if it will fine-tune this for the output or after. :/

Top Bottom