• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

So how is the lack of Career mode? Does it bother people? Is it a new direction for the series, or just a cut down version of GT7 which will come next?

It does have a career mode. The driving schools are more or less teaching you how to drive. But once you get to the Mission Mode, then you get to actual races and events that are very much in line with classic GT games. For example, the final race in Mission 6 is a 30 lap race in a Porsche.

Syntsui

Not a good selling point to put a maintenance as soon as the demo is supposed to be out. Somehow i can still do the driving challenges though.

SliChillax

This is why I played GT5 and 6 to death: Clowns like this are nullified by the ghosting feature and you get awesome close wheel to wheel racing. This is also why I fucked off from Forza.

I didn't know GT had this feature. I had only played Forza online and hated it because of clowns who crashed on purpose. Now I might give this a shot.

magawolaz

Can't upload to abload for some reason. What's the next best website to upload pictures?
Flickr is great, has lot of space for uncompressed images, several thumbnail options, you can create albums, etc. I believe you need a yahoo account (or maybe not anymore?), but it's worth it.

Imgur for quick uploads. If you have an account you can even enable HQ upload/gifs.

Cyriades

2frIbAn.gif

dXGma80.gif

HKsH607.gif

DieH@rd

Banned
I managed to run one Sport race, from which I got both pole position and a win. Yay.

BTW, before servers gone live I managed to fire up game in "4K high quality" mode, but after they went live the game got stuck in "2K prefer framerate".

Any tip to how to get 4K HQ mode back?

Crayon

The sport mode is very fun. :x

In my second race, two dickbags were desperate and were bumping a lot into corners. They ended up with +2 and +4 second penalties that pushed them way down the final standing.

Revo_zero

is it just me or does the rally handling feel absolutely awful? coming off Dirt Rally recently, the cars just feel like they are in a state of aqua planing, doesn't feel like that car is connected to the road at all

Gestault

When other cars bump into you but you get penalised. Wut.

I hope that doesn't play out as a problem at release. Soemthing that absolutely boggled my mind with GT5 Prologue was how outright broken the penalty system was. There were problems here and there since in later games, but nothing like Prologue.

Egida

Neo Member
So how is the lack of Career mode? Does it bother people? Is it a new direction for the series, or just a cut down version of GT7 which will come next?
It has tutorials and challenges. A campaign similar to previous GTs is impossible with the meagre car and circuit list.

But I wouldn't call it a cut down GT7, it's a different game with a different focus.

Flickr is great, has lot of space for uncompressed images, several thumbnail options, you can create albums, etc. I believe you need a yahoo account (or maybe not anymore?), but it's worth it.

Imgur for quick uploads. If you have an account you can even enable HQ upload/gifs.

Thanks! I used Picpar for now.

All pictures are edited in photomode. Probably the best photomode I've ever played with.

V46c.jpg

W46c.jpg

X46c.jpg

Z46c.jpg

This one is from Scapes

a56c.jpg

Honestly, you get rewarded for like everything you do. The RPG element is very much still here, and to me there isn’t a lack of content, more like not enough production cars. Racers are in the career mode, and some are very challenging. Very! Lol

After 2 updates, I think this will be the best GT of all time.

Hoje0308

Banned
I feel good about my decision to wait on this. Tire physics are still poo and the track list is pretty pathetic. Less said about car collection the better.

is it just me or does the rally handling feel absolutely awful? coming off Dirt Rally recently, the cars just feel like they are in a state of aqua planing, doesn't feel like that car is connected to the road at all

Rally mode has always been GT's weakest area. Tried it real quick to see if much has changed and, well...I won't be going back.

darkwing

rally isn't really a strong suit for GT

Gestault

Wait, the game itself isn't available while the server is down? I assumed this was just people who were trying to download for the first time.

IISANDERII

I didn't know GT had this feature. I had only played Forza online and hated it because of clowns who crashed on purpose. Now I might give this a shot.
Yeah I've been in so many incredible races. 30 lap race at Le Mans through a rainy night, down by 2min but then the leader runs out fuel on the final lap, gifting me the win(!) for instance. Such a rush, I was sweating!
If GTS can amplify that with its even bigger online focus , it would be an absolute dream.

After many races like that, racing vs AI is just so dull in comparison.

Is there a logical explanation why I got penalty when I got bumped from behind? Is it because I brake too early? or I tried to enter their lines in a turn or something.?

Ammogeddon

God dammit. Managed to do the first set of the challenges and a couple of the overtake missions before the server went down.

Oh well, I’m leaving the screensavers running, sooo beautiful.

Caayn

Wait, the game itself isn't available while the server is down? I assumed this was just people who were trying to download for the first time.
Probably done solely to ensure that the demo is only playable between two specific time points.

bombshell

Not a good selling point to put a maintenance as soon as the demo is supposed to be out. Somehow i can still do the driving challenges though.

As soon as? It's been live for about 10 hours.

It's a limited time demo, so of course everything is disabled if the servers are offline since that's also what will happen to the demo after the 12th.

Gestault

Is there a logical explanation why I got penalty when I got bumped from behind? Is it because I brake too early? or I tried to enter their lines in a turn or something.?

If you're coming in wide into someone else's driving line and braking too hard, that could be a "bad" on you. It always depends on the situation for those calls (which is why videogames can be iffy when they implement them).

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
My first online race sucked. People kept crashing into me and then driving off and just worked off the penalty by driving clean in the next sector or two. Only three people ended the game with a penalty and they were already at the bottom while the Cunts who bumped me in the first two laps were sitting up in the top ten with no penalties.

You should not be allowed to work off your penalties. They should accumulate and applied to your final time. Simple.

Upinsmoke

Just got home, excited to play and the seevers are down? :(

Cant I at least do a nice arcade race?

I got the server down message but also another message on top of that saying I'll only be able to race in arcade mode offline. I can't even race in that. It's literally back to the same state it was before the demo went live.

Top Bottom