• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

I don't quite understand 6-2. Can't I stop to fuel? Because it tells me that I can't -- only able to change the tires. 🤔

Whenever your fuel comes up just sit and the pit crew will start filling your tank. You'll get info on how much fuel you'll have, how many laps it should be able to last and an option to end the refueling.

GHG

I don't quite understand 6-2. Can't I stop to fuel? Because it tells me that I can't -- only able to change the tires. 🤔

Select your tires and then leave it alone. You will then see them start to refuel your car after the tires are done and you press stop refuelling once it's at the level you want it to be at.

I love how cars feel so very different, I haven't had this much fun playing GT since 3. I was crashing at the begging and by the end driving becoming better it made it feel so freaking rewarding playing it. Can't wait to play more.

bombshell

I'm judging what I've seen so far. Under mission challenge, there is one 2 lap race. Everything else under campaign are time trials, overtaking and braking exercises as the license tests from previous games.

If you say there's a 30 lap endurance race, well that's great. I see 8 stages, and possibly 2 or 3 multi-lap races with preselected vehicles for each of them if that's the aim.

Not exactly comparable to what previous games had but it's something.

Best wishes.

You are looking at first row in mission challenges. Look at row 6 instead, it's filled with races. And row 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 8 is completely grayed out, so commenting on what's there or not in the full game is silly.

That can't be because the Arcade popup message already says that you can play Arcade while the servers are offline.

And, of course it's not working in the beta.

It's not supposed to work offline in the limited time demo.

IISANDERII

You’re entitled to your opinion, but this part is just flat out b/s and incorrect.

There is a 30 lap race in campaign, lol...and a whole bunch still unlocked we can’t access yet.
Yep, the bit about what she said about it being a glorified lobby is factually incorrect too. As if we've seen all the championship modes, tournaments etc.
This was veiled shitposting.

Ok, I can switch wheels from T500 back again - only needed 1 minute of driving the demo, but I gave it 10 and two different cars to be sure. Feels absolutely awful, AWFUL. Worse than I remembered it from the Beta, but it's probably the same. To believe that Kaz is talking about FFB force linearity of the new Thrustmaster wheel when GTS obviously has no idea about the steering feel of a racecar. This soft-progressive yuk... in both cars Golf GTI road version and Lexus Gr4, which should be hard and direct. It's good that there doesn't seem to be lag between physical and onscreen steering wheel(like in many other sim-lites), but it might as well just be only visual as the car basically ignores how fast you move the wheel.

Sorry about the negativity, I'm gonna shut up now. You guys go and have fun with it.

Oh yea, one last thing: Great menus, music and presentation. Liked everything outside of the driving.

Head.spawn

This DEMO wouldn't download from the US store without PS+ and for some reason it won't let me select a 14-day trial... whatever though, it downloaded fine from the JPN Store and using my US account, everything in in English and seems to work fine.

You are looking at first row in mission challenges. Look at row 6 instead, it's filled with races. And row 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 8 is completely grayed out, so commenting on what's there or not in the full game is silly.

Row 6 is also grayed out under mission challenges. I'm not sure what you're referring to here.

Again, I'm just going on based of what I've seen in the menus and played.

dano1

A Sheep
I just played an online race and you guys it was crazy. Most people were purposefully not smashing into each other the whole time. And the people that were got time penalties it looks like.

I've never seen such a thing in all my years.

That’s what I like too here!! Finally a reward for good clean drivers. Although it would be fun to watch a race with all the demo drivers bunched together :)

CaLe

Ok, I can switch wheels from T500 back again - only needed 1 minute of driving the demo, but I gave it 10 and two different cars to be sure. Feels absolutely awful, AWFUL. Worse than I remembered it from the Beta, but it's probably the same. To believe that Kaz is talking about FFB force linearity of the new Thrustmaster wheel when GTS obviously has no idea about the steering feel of a racecar. This soft-progressive yuk... in both cars Golf GTI road version and Lexus Gr4, which should be hard and direct. It's good that there doesn't seem to be lag between physical and onscreen steering wheel(like in many other sim-lites), but it might as well just be only visual as the car basically ignores how fast you move the wheel.

Sorry about the negativity, I'm gonna shut up now. You guys go and have fun with it.

Oh yea, one last thing: Great menus, music and presentation. Liked everything outside of the driving.

Having recently gotten into the world of racing sims (asseto corsa, etc), i guess this game doesn’t come close to offering the same driving experience as other « hardcore » sim racing titles ?

I might still get it just to play when I don’t feel like setting up my wheel... (t300rs gt)

Gestault

This DEMO wouldn't download from the US store without PS+ and for some reason it won't let me select a 14-day trial... whatever though, it downloaded fine from the JPN Store and using my US account, everything in in English and seems to work fine.

I've only ever seen the PS+ Full Game preview version on my account. I think there may have been some misinformation about this being a public demo?

bombshell

I've only ever seen the PS+ Full Game preview version on my account. I think there may have been some misinformation about this being a public demo?

In the US only, for some inexplicable reason, they've tiered the access to the demo with PS+ members getting in first. Non-PS+ members in the US can download it from 6pm PT tonight.

No such restriction here in EU.

partime

Downloaded, played 2 stages, of coursed sucked horribly, & deleted.

Reminds me of the same frustrations in Drive Club, where you're always a hairpin away from wiping out.

I did love GT back in the glory days of PS2 & PS3, but I grew out of it I guess?

Now back to playing Witcher 3..

dracula_x

In the US only, for some inexplicable reason, they've tiered the access to the demo with PS+ members getting in first. Non-PS+ members in the US can download it from 6pm PT tonight.

Yes. I have no PS Plus sub, but I managed to download the demo on Saturday.

Naglafar

So if i buy this on disk, will my beta progress carry over? I would like to get the physical version since I can save 15 bucks with my GCU.

Gestault

Wiggy, thanks for the info. I have a couple friends who I'm trying to talk back into getting it so we can swap times in the full game, and they don't have Plus, so they were getting a little fed up with me.

Egida

Neo Member
So if i buy this on disk, will my beta progress carry over? I would like to get the physical version since I can save 15 bucks with my GCU.
Yes. From OP:
You won’t want to miss this limited time demo, as your earned in-game credit (up to $1MM) and personalized garage vehicles are transferable to the full game when it launches October 17th.

Having recently gotten into the world of racing sims (asseto corsa, etc), i guess this game doesn’t come close to offering the same driving experience as other « hardcore » sim racing titles ?

I might still get it just to play when I don’t feel like setting up my wheel... (t300rs gt)

Yea, as I said before, it worked really well with a controller when I tried it in the beta. If you like the car selection and are ok with the sound and price, I can't fault you for buying it. Presentation-wise it's in league of its own. Plus I love how GT gets people interested in racing... actually learning stuff in trying to gold-medal the license tests and learning the courses to get better and more flexible in online racing

oldsnakebro

Oh man it is the best racing game I've played in the past couple of years!
The king is really back! It will sell massively world wide. on reviews, I think it will sit on +85.

Is it possible to make pictures from my car in a real 3D surrounding with free camera besides a race?
When i let the menu idle and see cars in a 3D place where the camera goes around it I immediately want to turn the cam and take pics. :D

Syntsui

So, is there no option of a driving line that actually tells when to not accelerate and brake? I know shit about racing games so I pretty much need that to play

This all yellow line is useless.

Downloaded, played 2 stages, of coursed sucked horribly, & deleted.

Reminds me of the same frustrations in Drive Club, where you're always a hairpin away from wiping out.

I did love GT back in the glory days of PS2 & PS3, but I grew out of it I guess?

Now back to playing Witcher 3..

I think you just forgot what brakes are.

dano1

A Sheep
So, is there no option of a driving line that actually tells when to not accelerate and brake? I know shit about racing games so I pretty much need that to play

This all yellow line is useless.

Pretty sure I noticed that option somewhere. I just didn’t turn it on.

Top Bottom