• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

I cant believe how well they've integrated photo, scapes, decal and livery sharing in the game.

Everything is a cinch to find. One of the most underrated feature that should be talked about more.

GHG

Guys, this demo thread already has more posts than the Forza 7 OT.

The GT fan base is thirsty.

SONYGAF will take whatever they're given as long as it comes from JAPAN! Forza is the only real driving simulator, not like FAKE Gran Turismo. The biased press aren't helping as all they want to talk about is lootboxes and PC performance problems. SAD!

oRuin

SONYGAF will take whatever they're given as long as it comes from JAPAN! Forza is the only real driving simulator, not like FAKE Gran Turismo. The biased press aren't helping as all they want to talk about is lootboxes and PC performance problems. SAD!

/S?

Is my sarcasm meter broken?

K6oMm.gif

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
the scrolling text is indeed a bit fussy..

also thats scapes mode is absolutely insane.
they just took their existing photomode and ramped it up over 9000.

Probably you were confused. The greyed out option was 2k, you are already on 4k if your PS4 is setted right

ok im not rulling out that im an idiot. Will recheck when i get home (oh so long :()
But then, why is 2k greyed out?

Is it possible to change car whilst running a private lobby? Looked for ages last night but seems like the only way is to go all the way out to the main menu and swap it in the garage (which closes the lobby and boots everyone out) - is it just me being thick?

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
Is it possible to change car whilst running a private lobby? Looked for ages last night but seems like the only way is to go all the way out to the main menu and swap it in the garage (which closes the lobby and boots everyone out) - is it just me being thick?

it was possible in GT6. im sure there is a way. propably a bit hidden..

WAIT you earn credits for arcade races? The options are pretty vast too. It seems like they might be hinting at user created events to share online.

Can't wait to see where this game is at a year from now.

crimilde

Banned
I haven't played a racing game since the days of NFS Porsche and goddamn I love this beta. The UI is so clean and classy and driving feels great.

I really think I may buy it. I feel like I wanna get good at this game.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
We went through this a few pages back, but basically they've replaced the multi-color line with a driving line + on-screen warnings for braking (you can turn this on in the driving options). The all-in-one line isn't good at teaching you the fundamentals, it was more of a crutch.

the brake warning really isn't good for me. On several of the cars in hood cam or dash cam, the flashing break warning is obscured by the car so I miss it. I tried adding the cones but they are difficult to see too - I guess I'll just have to practice.

Are the cones in fixed locations before the corner based on your car and expected speed of entry for that corner? So if you have a bad approach and are going slower than expected, they'll be too early?

kriskrosbbk

Using my Thrustmaster wheel I have the L3 assigned for windscreen wipers but moving to the DS4 I dont see such option even under control settings. Dont tell me windscreen wipers are only available using a wheel.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I hope the first two sections in campaign aren't reflective of the overall length. Even just doing the first row in the beta its showing 16 & 12% completed. Seems very short. Hopefully the last section has more meat on it.

Also find the cars seem a little 'glidey' on the surface, and wallowy in response. I'm trying with the left stick up and rotating it for steering to try and get more finesse but it isn't easy. Makes me want a wheel to hold lines better, but I don't have the space nor can really justify it for how much I'd play - these days with work and kids I'm just a dabbler.

Drackhorn

The demo sold me on the game.
I wasn't really sure before i could finally play it myself.
Dragon Trail is awesome!

The same for me. Dragon Trail has that old GT track feel. I just hope that they will also in time bring the old tracks. Control-wise it immediately felt familiar and my hesitations were gone. The release can't come soon enough.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Um, this is not standard content for a GT game, it's the polar opposite. That's why people are upset.

The only other GT games with equivalent 'campaigns' to this were the Prologue entries, which obviously weren't even full titles.

This demo has significantly more content than GT5 Prologue did (astronomically so in comparison). GT5 Prologue had what, an arcade mode, online races, a car museum, and that was about it. The full GTS game and Prologue aren't equivalent in "campaign" content, and it's not even close.

Drackhorn

the break warning really isn't good for me. On several of the cars in hood cam or dash cam, the flashing break warning is obscured by the car so I miss it. I tried adding the cones but they are difficult to see too - I guess I'll just have to practice.

Are the cones in fixed locations before the corner based on your car and expected speed of entry for that corner? So if you have a bad approach and are going slower than expected, they'll be too early?

My advice is to disable all visual aids and learn the track by heart. Takes a little while but in the end it's far more rewarding and fun. Just experiment a little with drivelines and braking pionts. It's part of the fun.

Dinjooh

Tried to create the company logo last night. Holy moly that took some time. 42 layers to get something close to what I wanted, and then I couldn't find any sort of grouping functionality, so recolouring it took ages. Will definitely have to spend some more time with this tool.

Can't wait for svg support in the full release.

bombshell

I hope the first two sections in campaign aren't reflective of the overall length. Even just doing the first row in the beta its showing 16 & 12% completed. Seems very short. Hopefully the last section has more meat on it.

Also find the cars seem a little 'glidey' on the surface, and wallowy in response. I'm trying with the left stick up and rotating it for steering to try and get more finesse but it isn't easy. Makes me want a wheel to hold lines better, but I don't have the space nor can really justify it for how much I'd play - these days with work and kids I'm just a dabbler.

Row 6 in mission challenges definitely has more meat to it, with several proper races including pit stops.

Fonds

A few thoughts.

- Collision physics are horrendous.

- The cars feel like high powered soap box racers. Very little “feel” for the car, even with a car that should feel very nimble such as the alfa 4c.

- AI seems to be missing an entire gear, even on the hardest difficulty.

- Matter of taste but the music is horrible. For some reason GT tried to get with the times and ditched the japanese elevator music jazz for a “trendy and poppy” soundtrack.

- Way, way too many duplicate cars. For a list of 150, only 60-70 seem to be genuine unique models.

So far, this is a hard pass. Hope updates and DLC will bring it up to snuff.

nw3

Pre-ordered.

Have put in a good few hours and super happy with this. Quality over quantity fine by me.

I'd honestly be happy with 10 tracks and 10 cars if it plays and looks this good.

Not sure why this ended up with a black border around it, but even though Scapes is not really a feature I care about, I gotta admit it produces some nice pictures.
1izUcLv.jpg

Um, this is not standard content for a GT game, it's the polar opposite. That's why people are upset.

The only other GT games with equivalent 'campaigns' to this were the Prologue entries, which obviously weren't even full titles.
TBH GT5 was lacking in its campaign mode as well. Not only was it short and repetitive, but also laughably easy because of how game allowed you to mod your car in same segment so you could upgrade the shit out of it and overtake everyone before you reach first corner. I like the new challenge mode, it's more like the online "missions" they added to GT5 later and less like the mindless grind of various cups in single player.

probably been mentioned a few times but the motion controls for GTS are pretty good

I think it's because the game has pretty heavy steering but at least on the simpler circuit tracks I was surprised how well the motion controls handled.

Seventy70

I mean, I am just a little bummed that the traditional Career Mode is absent to give single player a bit more structure,

Same. I'm not a big racing guy, but the GT series always did career the best out of all sims I played. It's a shame that it's missing in here. Pure racing isn't quite enough for a casual player like me.

yume_2501

the scrolling text is indeed a bit fussy..

also thats scapes mode is absolutely insane.
they just took their existing photomode and ramped it up over 9000.

ok im not rulling out that im an idiot. Will recheck when i get home (oh so long :()
But then, why is 2k greyed out?

Because if your ps4pro is linked to a 1080p tv (or if you set 1080p instead of 4k on your ps4pro video options) you Will use 2k and have the option to have e better framerate or better visuals

Stasis

"Local" MP on this would mean my buddy bringing his own PS4 over and being on the other TV, right? I saw mention of lobbies. Any way to just do 1v1 in that?

Looks great.

Top Bottom