• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

Fixed....
LcDMnWF.jpg

kVr6bUd.jpg

PQX84og.jpg

wwDMaCD.jpg

wouwie

I guess the "in car" camera tweaking options (closer/further) are disabled for this demo? I see them in the options but they aren't accessible. I was wondering if it would be possible to tweak them so that you have a dash cam similar to Driveclub (very close to the front window, no steering wheel visible)?

While GT Sport is a mixed bag visually (due to the constraints of the hardware), i enjoyed the driving. If it had a proper single player campaign, i would have bought it.

Groundking

Neo Member
Really enjoyed my couple of hours with it last night, everything is a big improvement over 5+6.

How on earth are you supposed to gold Stage 6-1? I fluked a silver and can barely get bronze ever since.

do you have 4K tv?

Yeah ofc. That is why I was surprised by the Performance Mode being stuck and greyed out and can't be switched.

Edit:
Those modes are only for 1080p. So if you're playing on a 4k tv your sysem is defaulting to a 4k output. If you want access to those modes, you need to manually set your ps4's output resolution to 1080p via the "sound and screen" option in the settings menu.

Ah I see. Thanks.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
Why in the settings it says it's Performance mode and greyed out and I can't switch between it and Resolution mode?
What is the need of PS4 Pro if they locked this and you couldn't switch between modes?

i have the same problem

OK, so anyone having an idea as to why I cant choose 4k mode?
Im running on a PS4 Pro, connected directly to a Samsung KS8000 and the PS4 Settings menu tells me the Outgoing signal is 3840 × 2160 @ 60hz. Also tells me HDR is supported in 24, 25, 30, 50 and 60 Hz.

Yet in GTS the option for 4k is greyed out.

Anyone any idea?

Got home 4 hours earlier, started the download, went about my way. Oh boy can't wait to play the de-

Bloody hell Sony. 625MB/hour = 10.4MB/min = 174KB/s? Origin and Bnet have no problem capping my 100Mbps connection.

pause -> resume until it starts to download on your max speed.

Today's Gr.X on Tokyo Expressway with the custom kei car is fantastic! In one race I had a few people complaining about how slow and boring the cars were compared to their own old shitboxes, but, no, that's actually racing at its purest. It's all up to the player to make it work. Nothing to hide behind.
In genuinely curious as to how its lacking? I have yet to touch online and have not even fi ished all challenges available in demo and i got the achievement for hpurs played and it says i have clocked up 8 hours.
People like the idea of a "career," or something that shows a progression of status as a driver, since it's a thing common in other racing games. The idea of having your "team," and working together to improve. A "campaign" sounds more bland. I don't mind how GT plays it because one of its selling points is the extremely wide range of cars to drive, where sticking to one car for a series for a dozen races over and over would become a bore quite quickly. Here I know I'll drive something different in every single challenge mission.

The 30 lap battle was a surprise, but let's not get too crazy here. The only way that'd happen is if all the missions in stage 7 and 8 were endurance races. People are vastly understating what past GT games' career modes consisted of.
Is it wrong that that's what I want?
Hell no that's not wrong to want! Bring it on. I want endurance for every car class and weirdo GrX models. GT5 I think had a 4hr Miata/MX-5 endurance and it was a blast, as an example of a specialty race. Others have been based on real world race events like the Suzuka 1000km in Super GT cars. PS4 suspend-resume basic feature will make this a lot easier now, too.

People like the idea of a "career," or something that shows a progression of status as a driver, since it's a thing common in other racing games. The idea of having your "team," and working together to improve. A "campaign" sounds more bland. I don't mind how GT plays it because one of its selling points is the extremely wide range of cars to drive, where sticking to one car for a series for a dozen races over and over would become a bore quite quickly. Here I know I'll drive something different in every single challenge mission.

They should at least have included some form of offline championships. It must not be so difficult...

magawolaz

Not sure why this ended up with a black border around it, but even though Scapes is not really a feature I care about, I gotta admit it produces some nice pictures.
1izUcLv.jpg
Have you set the Display Area correctly in PS4 Video Settings? Also make sure your TV is not overscanning

Beautiful shot by the way!

kriskrosbbk

Guys can you shed some light why sometimes during a Sport event my opponents or even myself are like ghosts.We cannot bump each other,etc..

Guys can you shed some light why sometimes during a Sport event my opponents or even myself are like ghosts.We cannot bump each other,etc..

The game tries to catch people who may be driving dirty and will ghost them in order to make sure they can't intentionally ram other drivers. It'll also happen for a few seconds if you run deep off track and come back on. Sometimes it works as intended and other times it doesn't.

Depending on the players' SR rating, ghosting is triggered at varying limits to try to avoid the "they ran into me and ran me off the track" stuff. There are three levels of ghosting, seem by what you can select as options in a custom lobby. Strong, weak and none. The beta worked the same way. The assumption is that, at higher SR levels, players are respecting one another enough for it to not be necessary and they want to add to the realism.

It might take away from the realism at lower DR/SR races, but it's there to try to protect the player from unnecessary contact that is not their own fault. Just keep racing clean and behave and you'll get cycled through to people where ghosting won't ever feel needed. Some people torpedoing might gain a small advantage a few times from their own car getting ghosted, but to me it's a net positive.

kriskrosbbk

Depending on the players' SR rating, ghosting is triggered at varying limits to try to avoid the "they ran into me and ran me off the track" stuff. There are three levels of ghosting, seem by what you can select as options in a custom lobby. Strong, weak and none. The beta worked the same way. The assumption is that, at higher SR levels, players are respecting one another enough for it to not be necessary and they want to add to the realism.

It might take away from the realism at lower DR/SR races, but it's there to try to protect the player from unnecessary contact that is not their own fault. Just keep racing clean and behave and you'll get cycled through to people where ghosting won't ever feel needed. Some people torpedoing might gain a small advantage a few times from their own car getting ghosted, but to me it's a net positive.

Makes perfect sense. Thanks bud

I'm not really into racers and the Gran Turismo series never meant anything to me but for some reason I'm enjoying GT Sport A LOT.

The physics, car handling, great online racing (not a single lag at all), butter smooth framerate, amazing visuals and the high level of polish in just about everything put a smile on my face last night. Now I know that I'm definately pre ordering GT Sport. I just WANT IT.

ethomaz

Banned
There is a opinion to render the pic in high resolution in Photo Mode (take 5x more time to render the pic)... maybe that helps with aliasing.

kriskrosbbk

I am still a bit confused why do I need to buy cars in this game where even in online racing I am suggested to have some cars and not using mine that I bought. The only place that I can use the garage cars is under arcade?
Anyone can clarify this?

Rodelero

Thanks for this, sounds really smart. D'you know what the situation is with assists at higher DR/SR levels?

ethomaz

Banned
I am still a bit confused why do I need to buy cars in this game where even in online racing I am suggested to have some cars and not using mine that I bought. The only place that I can use the garage cars is under arcade?
Anyone can clarify this?
You need to buy it for collection, photo mode, painting, etc.

Gaenor

Banned
Anyone can clarify this?

There are some challenges / missions / circuit experiences in Campaign Mode that require using your own cars. There’s also for the Arcade Mode like you’ve said. Plus I guess for Scapes, etc...

GHG

There are some challenges / missions / circuit experiences in Campaign Mode that requiers using your own cars. There’s also for the Arcade Mode like you’ve said. Plus I guess for Scapes, etc...

Yep, certain missions require you to use a car from your garage that's in the right category for the race.

Those races are no different to how it worked in the restricted championships in the older games.

Yeah, so I was totally wrong about not being able to feel the track. Being used to racing tyres, the default Sports Hard totally threw me off with the shitty grip, that's why I felt disconnected to the road (because I was!).

Now that I'm using proper tyres, my driving experience is remarkably similar to Project Cars 2, which is fantastic. I didn't expect the handling to be so much better than Gran Turismo 6.

I've also been using different lighting conditions and they range from average to excellent. Night and day are amazing, they look REALLY good. Dusk and morning (morning is what I tried yesterday) look pretty average however, at least to my eye.

The mission challenge mode is much meatier than I expected as well. It includes many racing events, so it's more similar to previous GT campaigns than I thought. It's still not as long, but there's a sizable amount of content here. Probably not 60 euros worth of racing, but I'm dying to try the VR mode regardless.

Pretty good show so far.

I wonder if this game will get the street fighter 5 effect of having no campaign and being more service based and multiplayer based.

That game basically died because of the meme "no arcade mode" spreading. Will "no campaign mode" kill gt sport?

riverfr0zen

Neo Member
Anyone can clarify this?

I was wondering that too. It's for online matches that are not Sports Mode, i.e. the Lobby. There you can only use cars you bought/earned.

There's also for the Arcade Mode like you've said.

Actually I believe Arcade mode gives you a selection of cars to choose from outside of your garage.

ty_hot

Played in the Tokyo Expressway (Sport mode), and I was the whole race stuck with 2 stupid players that didn't let me race -.- I was clearly faster than they were (they were hitting walls in 50% of the turns... but everytime that I would overtake them, they would hit my back (then I would hit the wall) or just use me as a wall (and throwing me at the wall as well). I only had time to do 1 lap in the qualifying but my best lap in the race (4 laps) was 2 seconds higher than my qualifying (that wasnt even good). Fuck those stupid players. In the end I even got a 10 seconds penalty because a guy hit me in the back and I hit the other one in front of me. They finished the race with +25 and +20 penalties.

Anyway, Sport is addicting.

Anyone can clarify this?

In scapes you have to use your cars as well. Maybe in the online races (not the Sports) as well? I didnt try that yet.

GHG

I wonder if this game will get the street fighter 5 effect of having no campaign and being more service based and multiplayer based.

That game basically died because of the meme "no arcade mode" spreading. Will "no campaign mode" kill gt sport?

No because there is a campaign mode.

Download the demo and give it a go, you don't need to take my word for it.

No because there is a campaign mode.

Download the demo and give it a go, you don't need to take my word for it.

I did play it. It has challenges and training and races. There is no campaign mode.

Your "explanation" will be as much of a fart in the wind as mine was when trying to explain street fighter 5.

Of course, this game doesn't have the Capcom hate squad out to kill it like sf5 did but maybe those weird Xbox fanboys on the internet will start repeating "no campaign mode" enough that it gets into the public consciousness.

Top Bottom