• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

ValfarHL

Is it possible to change car whilst running a private lobby? Looked for ages last night but seems like the only way is to go all the way out to the main menu and swap it in the garage (which closes the lobby and boots everyone out) - is it just me being thick?

Its at the top left somewhere

"Local" MP on this would mean my buddy bringing his own PS4 over and being on the other TV, right? I saw mention of lobbies. Any way to just do 1v1 in that?

Looks great.

Pretty sure theres local 2 player in the arcade mode on a single PS4. Online you can setup a friends only lobby and just do 1 v 1 on that (but it does go up to 16 player).

Its at the top left somewhere

Nice one, I'll have a look for that tonight, Cheers

Guys, this demo thread already has more posts than the Forza 7 OT.

The GT fan base is thirsty.
tenor.gif

RedAssedApe

Banned
I’m awe full at racers but I want to check out the hdr people have been raving about. Couldn’t unlock anything in driveclub lol 😂

dc89

Played the demo for the first time, really enjoyable. I think my fears over the audio have been banished.
Took a few photos, I am by no means an expert but I like how accessible it is and it's difficult to take an ugly shot. The lighting is insane.

F86c.jpg

G86c.jpg

H86c.jpg

Grassy

I just did my first few online races in forever and had mostly great experiences. I won an N300 race(in an Audi TT) at Dragon Trail by half a car length, and a Group B race at Suzuka by ~9 seconds. Both races had respectful and clean racing, although the Group 3 races I tried were just a clusterfuck of constantly getting rammed off the road and used as a brake...annoying. My wins haven't been registered for some reason though in the progress section...weird.

As someone who was very skeptical about GT Sport, after playing the demo I'll be buying it for sure. I still hope they add a more traditional GT single-player career mode sometime in the future though. I'm also impressed by how it looks even on OG PS4, I've already taken almost 100 photos...

20171010193016copyi5rmz.png

20171010192956copybapz5.png

Stasis

I mean, it has split screen screen if you want to avoid setting up two TVs.

See, I had no idea it did. I feel like they didn't in the past. At least the last one. I know it did back in the days when I played a lot more racing games. Maybe I'm wrong. I didn't wanna ask a dumb question about that.

Thanks!

Got home 4 hours earlier, started the download, went about my way. Oh boy can't wait to play the de-

Bloody hell Sony. 625MB/hour = 10.4MB/min = 174KB/s? Origin and Bnet have no problem capping my 100Mbps connection.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
Your cars, mileage, credits and photos all carry over. I imagine the campaign progress doesn't carry over because those will likely be linked to trophies and i'm not sure if those can be implemented retroactively.

doenst it say that your driver level also carries over?

Aspiring

Your cars, mileage, credits and photos all carry over. I imagine the campaign progress doesn't carry over because those will likely be linked to trophies and i'm not sure if those can be implemented retroactively.

Oh god haha. I spent near an hour today doing that bloody tokyo GT-R challenge tonight where you have go win by 20 seconds to get a gold and still didnt do it. Now i may not bother and just wait.

Prithee Be Careful

Industry Professional
See, I had no idea it did. I feel like they didn't in the past. At least the last one. I know it did back in the days when I played a lot more racing games. Maybe I'm wrong. I didn't wanna ask a dumb question about that.

Thanks!

No dumb questions, man. Honestly, I think most people just don't expect split screen these days - it's been stripped out of so many traditional franchises,
Ninendo first-party excluded.

Got home 4 hours earlier, started the download, went about my way. Oh boy can't wait to play the de-

Bloody hell Sony. 625MB/hour = 10.4MB/min = 174KB/s? Origin and Bnet have no problem capping my 100Mbps connection.

Hit pause and resume a few times till you get a decent speed.

No dumb questions, man. Honestly, I think most people just don't expect split screen these days - it's been stripped out of so many traditional franchises,
Ninendo first-party excluded.

GT5 actually had a great 2 player feature for those with a 3D TV where you could each pop on glasses and play full screen only seeing your screen. Was freaky but amazing technology and really showed what PD can do with limited power.

bud

man... i played it for a bit in quality mode in 1080p and it just doesn't look a whole lot better than the closed beta. i desperately want to believe my tv or the cables aren't functioning properly.

This demo has significantly more content than GT5 Prologue did (astronomically so in comparison). GT5 Prologue had what, an arcade mode, online races, a car museum, and that was about it. The full GTS game and Prologue aren't equivalent in "campaign" content, and it's not even close.
I think you're confusing GT5 Prologue with some other game, maybe Gran Turismo HD Concept? GT5 Prologue had a setup that's very similar to what we're getting in GTS, with a whole bunch of events that you progressed through.

For some reason GT tried to get with the times and ditched the japanese elevator music jazz for a “trendy and poppy” soundtrack.
The music setup seems pretty much the same as always, with the "Japanese elevator music jazz" in the menus, and modern music in-game, albeit with a lot less racing music this time (or at least it feels like it). If you're new to the GT series then don't believe forum trolls :)

TBH GT5 was lacking in its campaign mode as well. Not only was it short and repetitive, but also laughably easy because of how game allowed you to mod your car in same segment so you could upgrade the shit out of it and overtake everyone before you reach first corner. I like the new challenge mode, it's more like the online "missions" they added to GT5 later and less like the mindless grind of various cups in single player.
I think my biggest problem with the GT5 campaign was the structure more than the content. I didn't think it was particularly short, and GT games have always given you the ability to severely outmatch the opposition through car choice and tuning, but with GT5 it just felt that there was very little care or effort expended in arranging the campaign. It felt like somebody had phoned it in at the last minute.

bombshell

"Local" MP on this would mean my buddy bringing his own PS4 over and being on the other TV, right? I saw mention of lobbies. Any way to just do 1v1 in that?

Looks great.

Yeah, there's both private and public lobbies in the "regular" online Lobby mode.

Then Sport mode on top with the scheduled online races with qualifying rounds.

53 hours lol… Got it in 30 minutes… did you wire your ps4?

doenst it say that your driver level also carries over?

This is what the official site says

Participation Bonuses
The following data content can be carried over to the final product version when it releases:
・In-game credits (up to a limit)
・Mileage points (up to a limit)
・Cars acquired (up to a limit)
・Online contents such as photos and livery set data shared in the game are also expected to be carried over into the final product version.)

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_5863055.html

Why in the settings it says it's Performance mode and greyed out and I can't switch between it and Resolution mode?
What is the need of PS4 Pro if they locked this and you couldn't switch between modes?

like how snappy the game is for the most part. I think back on GT 5, and lesser extent 6, and shudder. slowest thing are those youtube videos

bud

Why in the settings it says it's Performance mode and greyed out and I can't switch between it and Resolution mode?
What is the need of PS4 Pro if they locked this and you couldn't switch between modes?

must be a bug. i can switch between performance and quality mode just fine.

Sygma

Also, overall I think Driveclub is still definitely the best looking game

Oh wow there's not even a /s

GTS > Horizon 3 > Forza 7 > Driveclub

Otherwise the rally is exactly the same than in GT 2 lol , 4wd is your friend there

Sorry I am too lazy to scroll through many pages but I noticed someone posted about 4K photos are not good in previous pages.

It seems you have to manually Export the photo rather than re-screenshot using Share button.

Share capture:
mkIoxLF.png

Export:
62Xivxw.png

Still a true 4K for the Export. It is still JPG, lol...but not sure if JPG quality is max (100) or else. I want to do a poster print from good photos...

Photos by Scaff at gtplanet.

ValfarHL

Pause and start the download until you get better speeds. This will connect you to different servers, where some are slow and some are fast.

farisr

Those modes are only for 1080p. So if you're playing on a 4k tv your sysem is defaulting to a 4k output. If you want access to those modes, you need to manually set your ps4's output resolution to 1080p via the "sound and screen" option in the settings menu.

Ladies and Gentleman, my daily price for today:

FrYJrEO.png

eMdpQag.png

1E1e0nb.png

LOcHbvR.png

KLFYWZA.png

Did my first online race today, was a speedway and while i crashed twice and even did a 360, i became 9th place of 24. I can live with that. #Happy

bombshell

Yup, since day one. I use Remote Play a lot so I need my PS4 wired. My PC is on wireless but never had any speed/latency issues.

Yeah, knew the trick, only helps for a bit though, so I have to keep restarting this.

Do you have any applications or a game running? PS4 throttles the connection, if you do.

I was just going to try it out since I was out of the racing game for a while and I was really surprised with the demo. Sold!!

Preordered on Amazon.

Peterthumpa

Sorry I am too lazy to scroll through many pages but I noticed someone posted about 4K photos are not good in previous pages.

It seems you have to manually Export the photo rather than re-screenshot using Share button.

Share capture:
mkIoxLF.png

Export:
62Xivxw.png

Still a true 4K for the Export. It is still JPG, lol...but not sure if JPG quality is max (100) or else. I want to do a poster print from good photos...

Definitively better but it's not about photo resolution though, but more about asset quality in replay photo mode.

Not Drake

Spent a lot of time in various modes yesterday. Really enjoying it so far. Didn't know I missed GT so much. Is there a list of stuff that gets transfered into the main game?

Share capture:
mkIoxLF.png

Export:
62Xivxw.png

Again, it was exported, i'm not stupid. :D Still some 1080p textures on the car and broken effects.

https://i.imgur.com/6jrn0mc.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/BZ6l37m.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/3Lk4PPD.jpg

Peterthumpa

When you taking photo with render system I believe the game will give the high quality assets to put inside the photo.

Well unless the asset is truly bad...lol
What do you mean? That after the rendering the photo should look good? Not what happened here:

DLsTaWOVAAEVINf

Or with any close up for that matter.

ddikxela

Yup, since day one. I use Remote Play a lot so I need my PS4 wired. My PC is on wireless but never had any speed/latency issues.

Yeah, knew the trick, only helps for a bit though, so I have to keep restarting this.

If you get impatient you can always use PSX Download helper.

I've not really got into a gt since gt3 a spec which I loved. Trying this out and although I'm rubbish I'm really enjoying it. 1st sport race I finished 20th lol. Might have to purchase.

Again, it was exported, i'm not stupid. :D Still some 1080p textures on the car and broken effects.

https://i.imgur.com/6jrn0mc.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/BZ6l37m.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/3Lk4PPD.jpg

What do you mean? That after the rendering the photo should look good? Not what happened here:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLsTaWOVAAEVINf?format=jpg

Or with any close up for that matter.

Deyyyym, then the asset is bad. Oh well.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLsTaWOVAAEVINf?format=jpg

Which Peugeot is this?

looks like a real screenshot instead of the bullshot-mode replay shots :D

:D

===

The conclusion after I checked Retro Edge's photo and it seems the scape he selected is only available in 1080p. This could mean that not every scape available in full 4K. Rather than mix of 1080p and 4K...or we could say high and low quality...

Top Bottom