• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

Does anyone know of a suitable stand for the T150 racing wheel? I'm looking at the Wheel Stand Pro but answers seem contradictory.

I use the GT Omega with my T300RS

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0178JJM0Y/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1507806679&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=wheel+stand&dpPl=1&dpID=51fv6SfHUTL&ref=plSrch

I have found it much better than the single bar solutions.

Edit: it is also expandable, so in the future you can add a seat frame and monitor stand to it.

Think I'm going with the standard edition, don't want 10M credits. Going in with 8 cars and 750k is a nice bonus already. I also don't really play other racing games so this is going to get a lot of attention.

Do Thrustmaster wheels self calibrate their pedals on first push when used on a console like they do on PC? I don't think I'm getting full travel on my T3PA Pro pedals due to the conical rubber stop. If not, the game needs pedal calibration.

I hope the final game has calibration for the ds4
R2 only gives me half throttle :(

And the pressure sensitive button is moatly on or off too.

artsi

Try switching acceleration / brake to right analog stick. I think it's a lot more accurate than triggers anyway.

Mohasus

Decided to try online since it is pretty much my last chance (I don't have plus).

Damn, it is good. And I hate Suzuka, fuck.

Decided to try online since it is pretty much my last chance (I don't have plus).

Damn, it is good. And I hate Suzuka, fuck.

Suzuka is very hard
The sequence of medium speed turns and the two 1st gear corners. The off camber turn.
It's a really hard track. On the plus side my best lap ghost makes some terrible errors so it's easy to improve on but stringing together a problem free lap is hard.

bombshell

The in-game news item "Daily Race Hosting Hours" says that daily races are hosted until 3pm UTC today, so that's in 3h15m from now.

Also there's a new news announcement today where they say that there was saving problems yesterday and that they had to roll back the servers to a prior state. So some users will have lost progress from that. They apologize and mention that they've reinforced the servers so that it should not happen again.

PaRappa

Will the demo become inactive after the beta event is over? I was hoping to play it in offline/campaign/arcade mode at least.

Rey

I had the same problem with 2 out of my 3 ds4 controllers. I never had any problems with the triggers with any other game so I opened the controller and found the issue. The rubber where the plastic trigger is pressing has worn off.

Its interesting that the issue only occurs with GTS. Maybe it has to do with the sensitivity setting on the trottle?

I fixed it by putting a piece of rubber in between.

I think a lot of people will have this issue.

Will the demo become inactive after the beta event is over? I was hoping to play it in offline/campaign/arcade mode at least.

If you go offline you'll notice that there is nothing that can be selected. I do wonder if the servers go offline on till release of the full game if the demo will be playable than or are they specifically made for the trial.

I had the same problem with 2 out of my 3 ds4 controllers. I never had any problems with the triggers with any other game so I opened the controller and found the issue. The rubber where the plastic trigger is pressing has worn off.

Its interesting that the issue only occurs with GTS. Maybe it has to do with the sensitivity setting on the trottle?

I fixed it by putting a piece of rubber in between.

I think a lot of people will have this issue.

DRIVECLUB sometimes had the same issues, but you could hop in an electric car and it would show you what percentage throttle you were giving it, so could easily tell if you were getting 100% throttle movement.

Worried that it is going to be a rough launch week/month for GTS. The beta instilled zero confidence that they had their shit together, whereas the demo seems like a finished and polished game, the amount of errors and disconnects are concerning. Yes it is a demo, and yes it was a beta, but both were not up to the standards of other alpha/beta/demo phases of major developer games. If you can't even do single player tests and missions with the servers down, it is going to be completely fucked.

Worried that it is going to be a rough launch week/month for GTS. The beta instilled zero confidence that they had their shit together, whereas the demo seems like a finished and polished game, the amount of errors and disconnects are concerning. Yes it is a demo, and yes it was a beta, but both were not up to the standards of other alpha/beta/demo phases of major developer games. If you can't even do single player tests and missions with the servers down, it is going to be completely fucked.

The reason why everything is locked behind online in the demo is so that it can all be turned off by the end of today. If there was offline modes, people could continue to play the demo after its end date.

bombshell

Where do you globally set TC to 0? Or do I need to do it for each car?

Please extend the demo Sony

While it would be great to get more play time, honestly I'd rather PD get complete free time the last 5 days until launch to implement the needed server side changes they've learned from this demo.

dugdug

Banned
Bummer, but I never quite had any real issue with frame rate issues with GT5!

Not saying you’re lying, but, I think you might be misremembering ;)

There was a ton of frame dips, and, specifically in 5, intense screen tearing. Even still today, after all their patches, they never fully nailed it. Not noticed a second of either of those issues in Sport.

The more I think about the game the more I love it. The fact that you can spend hours in the game, not racing, but instead admiring the cars, taking pictures of them, looking at other pictures, liveries other people have made is really impressive.

It really is a game for car aficionados.

GHG

Just had a great GR4 race at Nurburgring in sport mode.

I'm gonna miss this game over the next few days.

I was wholly against the online focus when it was first announced but now I'm hooked. I think they're onto something. This system works IMO.

PaRappa

Will campaign mode continue to work (offline) after tonight? I barely got to play 30 minutes as its mid week when we all have to work. I'd like to continue playing at least a few offline modes

Crayon

With no more chances to play before it comes out, I will say the game is a success. They managed to make gt new again.

I think people have gotten over the point of must having physical damage and dynamic weather.

I remember the huge debate over it before GT5 (or was it GT6) was releasing. I think the main reason for it was that was "new" tech and if you wanted to be a serious game in the racing scene you had to have those features. Now it's old news and people are over it.

ty_hot

I didn't play today so missed one extra car. I think I have around 500k in money and level 17. Enjoyed the demo a lot but had already preordered it a week earlier. Hoping to get it day one.

The reason why everything is locked behind online in the demo is so that it can all be turned off by the end of today. If there was offline modes, people could continue to play the demo after its end date.

Hope you are right, but I have learned a long time ago that assuming PD is going to do something logical or predictable is a fools errand. Wouldn't be surprised at all if some single player things are limited with servers down. They really didn't like the ability for players to cheese credits in GT5 and locked things down accordingly. If there are going to be any microtransactions involved it is important to have always online to make sure people don't cheat offline.

If this is the full game file, just gated, that is not good at all for me. Nothing works. Can't go to options, can't claim rewards, can't go to some sections of home menu, can't save data to GT servers. All cause instant hard crashes.

nikos

Do we know if the full game will be playable offline? Local shops will probably be getting it within the next couple of days, but the servers may or may not be running.

Sucks that you get more with the digital deluxe over the physical limited edition. Really conflicted on which to get.

Top Bottom