• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grubb: Xbox Showcase (+Cod Direct) 2hrs Long - Featuring 30 Games - Handful Never Heard/Seen Before

salva

Keighley posted an image of the Xbox dash with a tile that said Starfield Add-on's out now, so maybe it drops during the show.

Wait What Instinct GIF by CBS

Hype levels intensifying

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Probably Troy Baker since he's voicing Indy.

I mean.... what's the harm in people looking forward to a showcase? Xbox's thing is the closest to the E3 of old we have, Sony did a disappointing SoP only, Nintendo is AWOL and Keighley already said don't expect big new things at his show.
Because it pretty much ALWAYS leads to disappointment when the final product is released. This is something Xbox and their fanboys simply do not understand. It is far far far better to underhype and overdeliver, but Xbox does the opposite and it gets them nothing. Nothing.

Despite how it may seem, I do hope these games end up being good. I really do. I just have no faith and it never fails to see Xbox fanboys hyping up these shows as the greatest fucking thing in the world.

clarky

Gold Member
In for Clockwork Rev, Fable, Perfect Dark & SOD3.

If they show those 4 and they look good, everything else is gravy.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
I own a XSX, so thats not it. I just think at this point I'm wasting money and time using it since the Xbox platform seems doomed.

You think Xbox games will stop working on Xbox hardware even if they port the games to other platforms?

Besides, most Xbox first party games are dual
Entitlement, so even if they don’t make a new console by 2036, your purchases will still work just fine on PC.

But to each their own.

Ozriel

M$FT
Because it pretty much ALWAYS leads to disappointment when the final product is released. This is something Xbox and their fanboys simply do not understand. It is far far far better to underhype and overdeliver, but Xbox does the opposite and it gets them nothing. Nothing. .

Where’s the excessive hyping and overselling from Xbox? Did I miss a marketing tweet where some exec promised Sunday’s event was going to revolutionize gaming?

Despite how it may seem, I do hope these games end up being good. I really do. I just have no faith and it never fails to see Xbox fanboys hyping up these shows as the greatest fucking thing in the world.

People are excited for a gaming showcase. Same way fans for every console hype up every upcoming showcase. Nobody’s ’hyping it as the greatest thing in the world’.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
2hrs? One to skim watch after the event for moi. But I think there's going to be some pretty good stuff in the mix.

Keep in mind the actual show is 90min, the other 30 is the CoD direct. It's their first big show so they're gonna milk it for all its worth, even if CoD alone doesn't really need 30 minutes.

Because it pretty much ALWAYS leads to disappointment when the final product is released. This is something Xbox and their fanboys simply do not understand. It is far far far better to underhype and overdeliver, but Xbox does the opposite and it gets them nothing. Nothing.

Ok .. sure .. but we're excited for the show. It's the closest thing this year to the E3 presentations of-old.

Folks saying that they miss E3 should be excited that at least one of the big 3 is keeping the tradition going.

clarky

Gold Member
Keep in mind the actual show is 90min, the other 30 is the CoD direct. It's their first big show so they're gonna milk it for all its worth, even if CoD alone doesn't really need 30 minutes.

Ok .. sure .. but we're excited for the show. It's the closest thing this year to the E3 presentations of-old.

Folks saying that they miss E3 should be excited that at least one of the big 3 is keeping the tradition going.
For sure. E3 used to be like my Christmas but better.

Xbox gets a lot wrong but at least i get my summer hype fix.

That was nothing special imo, competent at best.

Dunno man, compared to Hellblade 2...

At least it's a game - and I'm being literal, there's platforming, mini-games, exploration AND the combat is preeettyyy good.
Maybe this will sound hyperbolic but I'm enjoying way more than - say - GOW Ragnarok (which I just can't continue playing anymore after 30hours due to the bloat which is boredom inducing).

clarky

Gold Member
Dunno man, compared to Hellblade 2...

At least it's a game - and I'm being literal, there's platforming, mini-games, exploration AND the combat is preeettyyy good.
Maybe this will sound hyperbolic but I'm enjoying way more than - say - GOW Ragnarok (which I just can't continue playing anymore after 30hours due to the bloat which is boredom inducing).
Didn't play more than 15 minutes of HB2 not my thing at all. I can see why some would love it, I just don't have the patience these days.

Stellar Blade i just didn't get "it" either. The Story was fucking awful and the combat is done better elsewhere.

Helldivers 2 is fab though, easily my most played game outside of COD this year.

Each to the own and all that though.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Do we see Double Fine's next game at the showcase?

And is it possible that it gets shadow dropped? :eek:

adamsapple

Can’t believe I’m saying this but seems Xbox saves summer 2024 gaming announcements if all of this is true.

Between the mehSoP and Keighly's disappointment-fest, it wasn't exactly hard.

Last edited:

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
If I had an Xbox... wait *checks closet* I do have a series s. Looking forward to more games on gamepass I won't have to buy.

I'm can't wait for the new doom and blue dragon reveal tomorrow.

Topher

Gold Member

I’m just saying I think AstroBot will be the only exciting new announcement from any show.

I guess Gear, but that doesn’t excite me personally. Maybe for others that don’t have fatigue from that series

Ugh....man, I hope you are wrong there. I want to get wowed tomorrow and see some new stuff. Yeah.....probably should lower my expectations, but this is the only showcase we are getting.

Top Bottom