• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grubb: Xbox Showcase (+Cod Direct) 2hrs Long - Featuring 30 Games - Handful Never Heard/Seen Before

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Wolverine Origins and Tenchu Z please.

I know this is near-impossible, but I wouldn't mind more OG Xbox BC games added either. Xbox 360 had more compatible OG Xbox games but that amount lessened for XBO and Series.

I wouldn't mind replying Xbox versions of Fatal Frame 1 and 2 with all of their added content and FPS modes that never made it to the PS2 versions.

MacReady13

That's great but, how long will we see DEI devs coming out talking shit about a game no one cares about? That normally takes up 3 quarters of the show time.

Plus, this is coming from Grubb, who is correct on things rarely. Guesses are what he is good at.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I know this is near-impossible, but I wouldn't mind more OG Xbox BC games added either. Xbox 360 had more compatible OG Xbox games but that amount lessened for XBO and Series.

I wouldn't mind replying Xbox versions of Fatal Frame 1 and 2 with all of their added content and FPS modes that never made it to the PS2 versions.
I would love OG Xbox stuff. Looks super crisp and clear. And yeah, I had Tenchu for OG Xbox.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
That's great but, how long will we see DEI devs coming out talking shit about a game no one cares about? That normally takes up 3 quarters of the show time.

Plus, this is coming from Grubb, who is correct on things rarely. Guesses are what he is good at.

Nah, he's right more often than not. I know you've said before that he blocked you on twitter but that's no reason to be salty about this.

StereoVsn

I will fast forward to interesting moments as there is no way I am going to sit through 2 hours of this.

Unless they bring back Sony’s shakuhachi player! 😉

El Muerto

Take my money M$oft.
JsClyR3.png
rCWz7dH.png

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
My negativity stems from what happened last year with Starfield and this year with Hellblade 2

I am far more skeptical of Microsoft’s marketing promotional materials vs reality as a result
And yet you’re positive about the most generic and soulless Concorde. If it’s Sony, you love it. If it’s Xbox, you hate it. Again, we are all laughing at your fanboy position. At least the other fanboys have a personality around their bias. You’re just boring.

MacReady13

Nah, he's right more often than not. I know you've said before that he blocked you on twitter but that's no reason to be salty about this.
Not salty at all. Not interested in following a hack who throws darts at a board and is right sometimes.

I'm also interested in seeing Metroid 4... eventually. Or Prime 2.

splattered

Doesnt matter how good or bad the show is, peeps still gonna come in all "as predicted show was lame. Nothing there for me. MS is doomed. 4/10"

Regardless I'm looking forward to it and I hope Sony pulls a better show out of their ass this fall.

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Diablo 4 expansion footage
New Fifa coming to gamepass
Forza info
Indy, Avowed
Doom
Fall Out 76 Expansion
Fable
Streaming Service coming to xbox included as part of gamepass
Dragon Age
Double Fines latest...thing
Person 6
Bloodstained DLC + Bloodstained 2 teaser
Gears of War Collection + Gears of War Team based PVE Shooter
Starfield Expansion*
Flight Sim 2025 (this time with space)*
Source....

My whole family works at youtube.

Last edited:

FlyyGOD

15 CG trailers of games we won’t see for the next 3 years.
10 projects being announced with just a logo that we won’t see for the next 5 years.
3 in engine trailers that get mislabelled as “gameplay trailer”.
And 2 real gameplay trailers of games that will be delayed big time after internet backlash.
Still will be better than 2024 Sony's state of play.

I've pretty much written off Xbox as my Series X is more or less a free-to-play fortnite machine.

But for the sake of the industry, I hope MS comes with the fire.

Gaming desperately needs a jolt.

If they show Perfect Dark, then I'll know I have a reason to keep the box. If it isn't, I'll know I don't.

coffinbirth

Scalebound_box.jpg

Pleeeeeeeeeeeease
Do you really want a shitcanned game that was deemed an unsalvageable mess by the same people that thought Redfall was worthy of a full retail release?!? That's next-level masochism.

I mean, I see that your whole identity here is wrapped up in this digital abortion, but why? Genuinely curious because that game always looked like the cringiest fucking thing ever, and I love me some Platinum games. Just because it's vaporware? Controlling dragons is your kink? Seriously, why?

I'm not trying to be disrespectful here or trolling you either. This game was cancelled...checks notes...SEVEN YEARS AGO! Brother, why????

Chukhopops

Forza info
Indy, Avowed
Doom
Fall Out 76 Expansion
Fable
Dragon Age
Person 6

Source....

Add the Starfield expansion, Flight Sim 24, Clockwork Revolution, a few Live Service updates (Sea of Thieves, ESO), a couple ports coming to GP (SMTV, maybe Visions of Mana) and it seems doable to fit in 90 minutes before the CoD commercial.

I think FH6 will have at least a couple minutes to itself if it comes out this year, game is just too big for a short trailer.

Fredrik

Probably means it’ll have some slow segments too but the risk of walking away without feeling any excitement at all should be low now, 2 hours is a proper E3 show, a big one. Hyped!

Ozriel

M$FT
Forza info
Indy, Avowed
Doom
Fall Out 76 Expansion
Fable
Dragon Age
Person 6

Source....

FC won’t be there, since it’s got Sony marketing. And it’s already old news it’ll come to GP soon.

We should expect to see Gears 6. Probably some footage from State of Decay 3, Clockwork Revolution and South of Midnight.

Perfect Dark likely since Booty confirmed we’d see more in 2024.

But yeah, they’ll have some add ons for Forza Motorsport, Fallout 76 and Elder Scrolls online.

Willing to bet they’ll have info on old COD games coming to GamePass. Best place to announce this since there’s going to be thousands of COD fans tuned in.

Flight Sim 2024 is also a lock for the show, since it’s a 2024 game. Towerborne too.

Oh, and definitely info on the Starfield Expansion.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

Banned
Yes, the team errr I mean MS really has a lineup planned for all of us. :messenger_winking:

No I don't work for MS but some seem to think so, perhaps I should hit them up for some funds doing free fire control for them. Although it's like putting out a 300,000 acre forest fire with a bucket of water......

Big show, needs to be good! Will they announce 3rd party full on day and date? Or instead announce a handheld? Or both? Inquiring minds want to know!

djjinx2

Forza info
Indy, Avowed
Doom
Fall Out 76 Expansion
Fable
Dragon Age
Person 6

Source....

Thanks for this, not enough leaked off screen pictures with "Confidential" on though for me to get excited.

Has it actually leaked yet? Heisenberg said Wednesday, always with fucking next Wednesday with Xbox

Do you really want a shitcanned game that was deemed an unsalvageable mess by the same people that thought Redfall was worthy of a full retail release?!? That's next-level masochism.
Yeah.
It was a passion project by people who couldn't handle the engine, at the time. Hideki Kamiya has talked about it.
And maybe if they tried again (Which they have showed interest in doing), or worked with a new engine, it could work.
I mean, I see that your whole identity here is wrapped up in this digital abortion, but why?
I loved what I saw. Even though it was Pre-Alpha footage.
Genuinely curious because that game always looked like the cringiest fucking thing ever
I can totally understand that. I did cringe at points. But not enough to not want to play it.
and I love me some Platinum games. Just because it's vaporware?
I love Platinum too.
And no.
Controlling dragons is your kink? Seriously, why?
This is my kink
images

I just liked the idea of fighting alongside a dragon. And the possibility of having a "mirror match" type of thing, where I could fight a boss, that also fights with a dragon.

The "human" combat indeed looked rough, that is absolutely true.
I'm not trying to be disrespectful here or trolling you either.
I know, it's all good.
This game was cancelled...checks notes...SEVEN YEARS AGO! Brother, why????
I liked what I saw, I have loved everything Kamiya was a director on (Bayonetta 1 is my favorite game), and I have faith in Platinum Games.

That's all.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Somehow your name, Dick Jones, fits right in there.
I'd rather be in the company of the cast of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest than voluntarily listen to those geebags. The gaming world would be better had those hatemongering wank stains never hit the record button.

I have never seen one moment where we could say, that's some great input. It's just dumb dangerous opinions than dumb people lap up.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Anybody got a Xbox cicle of hype and failure graphic ? Because ... this is the time. Again.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Fuck, I'm hyped for this show!

Indiana Jones
Avowed
Gears of War
Perfect Dark
Fable
Doom:The Dark Ages
Oblivion remake
Fallout 3 and NV remastered