• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V reveal @ IGN tomorrow 9am PT/12pm ET/5pm GMT with exclusive gameplay #1

GenericUser

I was on the fence for buying this, now I'm all like "kind sir would you please accept my earth money"

Great work Rockstar!

ironcreed

Banned
Told you guys this is the best remaster so far.

Rockstar is going all out on this shit. Been in development since before the PS3 / 360 version released.

Yeah, I suspected that they may have been working on next-gen versions all along. It made no sense not to.

Dat grass:

grand-theft-auto-v-xbox-one-1415118568-028.jpg

Underwater foliage will also be vastly increased. Whole areas of seaweed / big coral reefs to explore.

DieH@rd

Banned
What if...
image_316736_16x9_620.jpg

IaLG69W.jpg

First they will need to cut enough assets to make game work at 1080p60, and then cut more so that there is enough performance left for 3D rendering. Not gonna happen on PS4.

But on PC... everything can be bruteforced. I shudder to think that what PC will be needed to render this game at high settings on 1440p@90hz which will be native res&refresh of CK1.

dreamfall

I'm not even excited. Why is first person really a big deal in the grand scheme of things? It's not like rockstar did open world first person first.

I think for me, Rockstar games in third person perspective is a way for me to understand and enjoy playing the characters.

But to see all the technical glitzy details, to fly in first person, to play a deathmatch with refined first person controls- I'm all for it!

Wow, just viewed the First Person Trailer on IGN. Jaw-dropping. I was hesitant about getting GTAV again on new generation because I played the $#!+ out of it on my 360 and there are so many new games coming out but seeing this has made me drop everything and pre-order. RockStar deserves more of my money.

Could care less about FPS mode.

I'm just real excited it looks to have cleaned up all the AA. Oh man it looks so good now.

Keep the framerate smooth and it will be 100% worth every single new penny to buy

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Should have known not to just assume the FP mode wasn't going to just be a walking camera angle and a carhood camera angle. Interior Vehicle dashboards, shooting, cinematics.

Oh Rockstar, why u so good?

ZeroX03

Banned
Looks good. Will make for some wonderful screenshots.

For gameplay I'd never chose first-person over third though.

I would hate to be one of the publishers going against this game this holiday season.

Game already sold 34 million and is going to do 10 more on next gen. Absolutely nuts.

Yeul

Wow that looked so cool especially when flying or in the rain! I don't typically like driving in first person but it'll be awesome to have that option too.

Vizzeh

Banned
Looks impressive, what a way to explore a GTA world. I expect I wont play first person exclusively, as I prefer 3rd Person but to be able to switch is fantastic.

Next-Gen...

Raptomex

Love Rockstar. They always deliver quality in my opinion. Got my pre-orders ready, got that week off. Let's do this.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Player worked for me. IQ looked quite good. Definitely worth getting again on those terms.

Cragvis

Its not even that its just FP mode, but its FP mode DONE RIGHT.

Ironsights..

being able to turn your head in vehicles (im looking at you watch dogs...)

being able to see your feet and body, your phone in FP mode.

All the options of customization for FP mode to tailor it how you want.

Fucking my god...I wont need another game for 10 years now...

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
and to think there were people saying this was a totally pointless and meaningless release if they didn't make it 60fps

i2kfNNwD8wS8d.gif

DirtyLarry

I feel like I recall there being some kind of promotion if you already owned the original release. Am I just imagining that or can anyone supply some details?
Like a discount or something along those lines?
I am no doubt on board to replay the game as an FPS. That is pretty damn amazing honestly.

First they will need to cut enough assets to make game work at 1080p60, and then cut more so that there is enough performance left for 3D rendering. Not gonna happen on PS4.

But on PC... everything can be bruteforced. I shudder to think that what PC will be needed to render this game at high settings on 1440p@90hz which will be native res&refresh of CK1.

Dumbledore.gif

Top Bottom