• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V reveal @ IGN tomorrow 9am PT/12pm ET/5pm GMT with exclusive gameplay #1

BFIB

Those screens.... yuck! Sorry guys, not feeling it. I'm pretty sure panoramic views would look lovely but I expected a lot more in this "remaster".

Solid framerate, 1080P, increased foliage and draw distance. I'm sure the lighting has been improved. First Person Mode.

I'm stoked.

Fjordson

Some gifs from the FP trailer.

UnawareSeriousCanine.gif

WigglyUnlinedAmericancreamdraft.gif
Hot damn @ the bottom gif. So good.

Rheon

I never completed the PS3 version before my brothers sold it (still extremely mad about that) so I'll definitely pick it up for PS4.

Shit, I'd pick it up even if I had completed the last-gen version.

Guys, imagine using the submarine and going deep in first person. hooolyyy fuuuuuckkk
And i really hope there's going to be some crazy new easter egg shit. (pls sea monster<3)

Certinty

Considering how much of an upgrade this is, it wouldn't really surprise me if this was Rockstar's main version all along with the 360/PS3 versions being downports.

Atone13

Just wow... I wasn't really that interested in rebuying this game right away when I pick up my ps4, but after watching that video I wanted nothing more than to be playing it. Suddenly that GTA5 bundle looks way more appealing... glad I've still held off on my system purchase.

This is craziness. I would of never thought a FPS mode would work well in GTA V. It looks incredible.

Bigger question... Will it be a single player only option? How will this work into the multiplayer?

It definitely looks like Rockstar is pushing the hardware to its current max, this is easily the best looking new gen game yet, and it's "only" a remaster.

As crazy as it sounds, I may triple dip.

Bought and plated the shit out of it for PS3. Was gonna wait for the PC version, but late January seems so far off and I WAS gonna buy a PS4 anyway except not nearly this early in the gen.

Gah...all I can think about it driving around for hours in FP mode through the cities and mountains of San Andreas taking in all the detail and sights.

For those that don't see a big deal with the FP mode, you guys have never experienced how immersive GTA can actually be. I had a icenhancer modded GTAIV on the PC with a ghetto FP mod installed too. It completely changed the experience.

Denton

Internet high-five!!!!

I get to experience this for the first time...in first or 3rd person!

And in 1080p at 60fps!
So happy I passed on PS3 version. This is making me hyped. January GTA5 and February Witcher 3, next year starts gloriously.

ZeroX03

Banned
Heist won't be available at the release of the pc version either... Welp.

At this point I fully expect that Heists are the major focus of their online DLC and held back so they can bill both generations of players. They know we're foaming at the mouth for it and it's long overdue.

GavinUK86

Peer down with the right stick and you can see your feet, your body and even your phone, now a full 3D object, not a 2D icon.

YES! Thank you Rockstar. The devs who don't make FPS yet understand how FPS should be made.

Nabbis

Considering how much of an upgrade this is, it wouldn't really surprise me if this was Rockstar's main version all along with the 360/PS3 versions being downports.

I doubt it. I think they did plan as leading for nextgen at the start due to the huge variance in assets, but the first person view and textures are not the kinda quality you expect from something that was mainly build for next gen.

BFIB

Pretty amazing what Rockstar has done. Now at least we know why the gap was so large between IV and V.

Hopefully VI won't be as long between releases.

acklame

Wow that looks amazing. I have not played GTAV yet and haven't really read up much about it either. Going in fresh with the PS4 version!

plainr_

You can always count on Rockstar to deliver. First person mode is a nice addition and the upgrades in the graphics department are superb.

So glad to be retiring the PS3 version soon.

Top Bottom