• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Pre-Hype/News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai101

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9olqnYwD2bo

New commercial, featuring the Collector.

krRkfPi.gif

TDLink

So James Gunn's brother is in the movie as part of Yondu's crew in addition to mo-cap standin for Rocket?
Coo.

He was mo-cap for Thanos also. I am pretty sure Gunn said he was the actor on set the most after Chris Pratt.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
^^ Rocket looks too cute out of character.
I gather that's not supposed to be Rocket but his "actor". The (or one of the) raccoon they used for modeling or capture or whatnot. I believe that's the case because the raccoon on the cover has that blurb with "Hey, I'm in the movie too. Sorta. See Page 3.". Or maybe it's just a random real life raccoon, but they didn't intend for it to represent the actual Rocket character on the cover.

Dai101

Banned
I gather that's not supposed to be Rocket but his "actor". The (or one of the) raccoon they used for modeling or capture or whatnot. I believe that's the case because the raccoon on the cover has that blurb with "Hey, I'm in the movie too. Sorta. See Page 3.". Or maybe it's just a random real life raccoon, but they didn't intend for it to represent the actual Rocket character on the cover.

I'm not sure if you're joking but I'm pretty sure that's just a real raccoon on his back.

vm0I3Un.jpg

Really guys?

Fuu

lol I'm usually good with identifying online sarcasm but I lost this time. Still legit shook from yesterday's BRAxGER game, cognition is in the shitter.

Neoxon

Another leaked picture of the Guardians in Disney Infinity 2.0 in what will likely be their designs for their incoming animated series.
tumblr_n8ggthwudM1rzw4tho1_400.jpg

Fuu

I tend to prefer traditional animation but I wouldn't oppose a full CGI cartoon with those designs if it was well animated.

Another leaked picture of the Guardians in Disney Infinity 2.0 in what will likely be their designs for their incoming animated series.
tumblr_n8ggthwudM1rzw4tho1_400.jpg

Nah, all the Disney Infinity characters are redesigned using that art style, so as to keep any of them from looking incongruous in Toy Box mode. Those are really just the Infinity-fied movie designs, no more, no less.

Neoxon

Nah, all the Disney Infinity characters are redesigned using that art style, so as to keep any of them from looking incongruous in Toy Box mode. Those are really just the Infinity-fied movie designs, no more, no less.
Drax is his Ultimate Spider-Man design, not his movie suit. Not to mention that there was a banner with animated Guardians that have those very costumes. It wasn't the art style that I was referring to.

Drax is his Ultimate Spider-Man design, not his movie suit. Not to mention that there was a banner with animated Guardians that have those very costumes. It wasn't the art style that I was referring to.

Hmm, I suppose. To be honest, the animated designs from the Licensing Expo banner are barely distinguishable from the movie designs, aside from Drax being greener and having simplified skin markings.

Yeah, I saw a clip and the animation looked so bad. Batman Beyond looks better and it's over 10 years older.

It's on Netflix now and I am suffering through it hoping to find some redeeming qualities.

It's not awful by any means, but the animation is indeed crummy and it's pretty lame compared to Earth's Mightiest Heroes. The one thing I do appreciate is that it doesn't spend a lot of time/doesn't seem to care about pulling in obscure Marvel stuff like Urik the Troll or Dracula/Cap's alliance in WWII, I thought them wanting it to mirror the movie would mean it would be really barebones like the MCU is.

Doom's voice is also really weird.

It's on Netflix now and I am suffering through it hoping to find some redeeming qualities.

It's not awful by any means, but the animation is indeed crummy and it's pretty lame compared to Earth's Mightiest Heroes. The one thing I do appreciate is that it doesn't spend a lot of time/doesn't seem to care about pulling in obscure Marvel stuff like Urik the Troll or Dracula/Cap's alliance in WWII, I thought them wanting it to mirror the movie would mean it would be really barebones like the MCU is.

Doom's voice is also really weird.

I'm generally pretty defensive of the new Marvel toons, but AA really is the worst of the lot (like you said I like some of the obscure references and material). The GotG series will be the first one being overseen by the new guy in charge of Animation, Steve Wacker, so there IS hope.

Also, since it's Maurice LaMarche, I can't unhear his Doom voice as a sort of Evil Calculon from Futurama.

Talon

Chris Pratt's little discovery story is so funny, too. He was waiting tables in Hawaii when he was first cast in some shitty horror movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom