• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero Live |OT| Not a Band Game

atr0cious

The Wii U version is fine. I had the game hard crash once, requiring a hard reset of the console. I was flipping back and forth between a couple of menus while GHTV was trying to show me and load some stuff. But that's it, and I don't see that happening again.

You'll want to make sure you have 2GB free so the game can store cache data for GHTV, but even that is not required.

Cool, thank you. Did you happen to grab a two pack? I read about some connection issues. Have you tried the mic as well?

deoee

Ordered it today at GameStop in Germany using the 9,99€ tradein thingy.
So I payed 49€ for the Game+Guitar - a no brainer :D

Chin35char

Hey guys, has anyone played with two guitars at once yet? I am on Xbox One and I am running into major issues which render the game unplayable with two people.

When in the menu with the extra controller, the game doesn't always recognize the strumming down. And sometimes when it does recognize it, it goes down 3 - 5 songs at a time. This is when picking a song.

When in the game it acts like the second guitar is not calibrated AT ALL. You will be trying to strum and you just keep missing every note.

Anyone else having these issues?

javie3d

omg.

ooCWfXj.jpg

ChrisDM

I've noticed stuttering on Xbox One, but the game was still installing.

I've had issues with two guitars, but I've also found out today that two guitars can connect to one dongle. I'm now concerned that the other dongle was interfering with the primary dongle, so I'm going to test with one dongle and two guitars tonight.

If you get a chance, let me know how that test goes! Whether PM or posting here.

fernoca

To be fair, weren't those mics the ones Best Buy was giving away to preorders...out of nowhere?

After years of trade-ins, they surely got a lot there, slapped a sticker and gave them away.

Chin35char

If you get a chance, let me know how that test goes! Whether PM or posting here.

I just tried this because I am having issues with two guitars. After syncing one guitar to the dongle. When you go to sync a second guitar to a single dongle it will sync that second guitar but unsync the first one.. making the first one start flashing it's syncing red lights again.

So unless I am missing something you can only sync 1 guitar to a single dongle.

SFenton

I just tried this because I am having issues with two guitars. After syncing one guitar to the dongle. When you go to sync a second guitar to a single dongle it will sync that second guitar but unsync the first one.. making the first one start flashing it's syncing red lights again.

Interesting. The answer on Reddit (here) was from Activision themselves. Maybe we should ask for more clarification?

That microtransaction thread is great.

And proved that me detailed OT was ultimately futile.

You're telling me.

Your OT rocks though :)

T.O.P

Banned
That microtransaction thread is great.

And proved that me detailed OT was ultimately futile.

Nah, at least you get the "outraged" people getting it on over there

I like the chill atmosphere in here :)

And as i said, whoever was interested in the game, is already posting here :)

antitrop

Fuck, I just booted up GHTV and the first song it dumped me in was Guerilla Radio along to the original music video. HUGE smile on my face, they sold me on the mode instantly.

In-game currency for playing on-demand songs seems to be fair, I haven't played enough of it either way to even think about going in that "microtransaction thread". I think it will take at least a few days to a week of playing to see how the balance is.

SFenton

Your mistake was thinking that the kind of people who are having a temper tantrum over this would take the time to read and not jump to extreme assumptions.

Doesn't help that I'm pretty sure the OP just wanted to jump on negative news that isn't even news, and was basically framed negatively.

KaYotiX

Banned
Fuck, I just booted up GHTV and the first song it dumped me in was Guerilla Radio along to the original music video. HUGE smile on my face, they sold me on the mode instantly.

In-game currency for playing on-demand songs seems to be fair, I haven't played enough of it either way to even think about going in that "microtransaction thread". I think it will take at least a few days to a week of playing to see how the balance is.

The tokens may slow to a crawl later on as it takes longer to level up. Time will tell if they try and force you to buy tokens.

ChrisDM

I will! I'm also running a preview of Windows 10, so I might hook it up to my buddy's Xbox on the current dash and see if that changes things as well.

Yeah, keep me updated for sure! :D

Ugh that blows. Are you on Xbox One as well?

Chin35char

Yeah, keep me updated for sure! :D

Ugh that blows. Are you on Xbox One as well?

Yes I am on Xbox One. I have tried using each dongle to sync up two guitars and neither dongle will work for that. The only way to get two guitars for me is to plug in two dongles and sync each guitar to them. What sucks is when I do that, my second guitar strumming is out of whack rendering the second guitar useless and my girlfriend can't play with me..

ChrisDM

Yes I am on Xbox One. I have tried using each dongle to sync up two guitars and neither dongle will work for that. The only way to get two guitars for me is to plug in two dongles and sync each guitar to them. What sucks is when I do that, my second guitar strumming is out of whack rendering the second guitar useless and my girlfriend can't play with me..

I'm hearing a lot of issues when it comes to syncing in this topic, yet I've heard nothing about it from reviewers. Tough to know what to think hahah. Either way, I agree with everyone saying that the system they put in to sync the guitar is one of the worst ways to do it. Hopefully they patch in alternative ways.

Qasiel

Yeah, I'm grabbing this. My housemate is in one of the crowds and the guitar tech guy is my mate Greg.

Love the Guitar Hero series (it's one of the only games that my Mrs. will play with me).

Chin35char

From Reddit:
Hey pizzaeatr,
Unfortunately you are only able to use the the USB port located on the side of the Xbox One. Please note that you are able to link up to 2 guitars per dongle. Make sure your second guitar is signed into a guest account before attempting to sync the second guitar.
Please keep us posted.
EG

Going into that thread is going to be bad for my health. But I need something to do until Friday.

Anyone notice any especially good live sets? I know the Portland Cloud Orchestra looks really great.

SFenton

Yeah, I'm grabbing this. My housemate is in one of the crowds and the guitar tech guy is my mate Greg.

Love the Guitar Hero series (it's one of the only games that my Mrs. will play with me).

Interestingly enough, I've been naming certain bandmates.

For example, in When You Were Young, the drummer is Cowboy Chad and the synth player is Dave The Keyboard Fucker (seriously look at the way that dude moves).

Tech guy is now Guitar Tech Greg.

Going into that thread is going to be bad for my health. But I need something to do until Friday.

Anyone notice any especially good live sets? I know the Portland Cloud Orchestra looks really great.

They looked *fantastic*. Probably my favorite so far.

Chin35char

From Reddit:
Hey pizzaeatr,
Unfortunately you are only able to use the the USB port located on the side of the Xbox One. Please note that you are able to link up to 2 guitars per dongle. Make sure your second guitar is signed into a guest account before attempting to sync the second guitar.
Please keep us posted.
EG

deoee

I know that feel from about every Destiny Thread outside the OP...

ChrisDM

From Reddit:
Hey pizzaeatr,
Please keep us posted.
EG

Interesting. Still having a tough decision on whether to go with PS4 or Xbox One considering that it can be a pain to do local multiplayer on PS4. PS4 has guest accounts right? Some local games require someone to have a PSN account though & it's weird.

SFenton

From Reddit:
Hey pizzaeatr,
Please keep us posted.
EG

Um... okay. I'll try it, I guess.

Are all USB on X1 3.0, or just the side one?

antitrop

Why the fuck did they add open notes to guitar? My biggest complaint other than what they did to Star Power.

Also, Hero Power notes look too much like HOPOs and make it hard to distinguish between Black or White, drives me crazy.

PJFJosh

Is there a menu button in GHTV? Cause I'd really like to change the channel and/or adjust my difficulty but I cannot figure out how.

EDIT: Oh ok, apparently I was still in the tutorial

EDIT AGAIN: Ok never mind, I still can't figure it out. Can you not change difficulty mid-song on GHTV?

Hit the Pause button, it's in that menu. I had a hard time finding it myself during the review.

antitrop

Because you play those on a real guitar too?!
Of course, but still should have just left them on Bass. Oh wait, there is no Bass.

It's really fucking with my muscle memory of always holding down the lowest fret until I need to slide my wrist. I think that muscle memory was worked into my brain by about 300 retries of Through the Fire and Flames.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Has anyone been able to connect to the companion app? I keep getting a network error. Trying to use my smartphone as a mic

PJFJosh

Interesting. Still having a tough decision on whether to go with PS4 or Xbox One considering that it can be a pain to do local multiplayer on PS4. PS4 has guest accounts right? Some local games require someone to have a PSN account though & it's weird.

PS4 only lets guitar 2 play as a guest account. My cousin and I were playing over the weekend, both signed in to PSN and when she joined me in a song it said she'd be a guest account. Sucks a bit but she didn't mind skipping any trophies or scoring on her account for a bit.

ChrisDM

PS4 only lets guitar 2 play as a guest account. My cousin and I were playing over the weekend, both signed in to PSN and when she joined me in a song it said she'd be a guest account. Sucks a bit but she didn't mind skipping any trophies or scoring on her account for a bit.

Oh good to know for sure. Thank you! I was afraid it would require a second PSN account actually so playing with older family members would be an issue.

The Wii U version does not support Off-TV play. Gamepad just shows a black screen as soon as you launch the game and there's nothing in the options to change that.

Yay my internet is down! Guess I won't be trying GHTV until Thursday when the tech comes, unless my phone is fast enough to piggyback off of.

FenDozer

Does anyone have the NXOE on Xbox One? I keep getting an error when I attempt to update the game. I assume this is tied to the NXOE.

If anyone encountered this, do we know of a fix? This is killing me that I cant play this game I waited soooo long for!

Does anyone have the NXOE on Xbox One? I keep getting an error when I attempt to update the game. I assume this is tied to the NXOE.

If anyone encountered this, do we know of a fix? This is killing me that I cant play this game I waited soooo long for!

This has been a general problem with the last few NXOE updates. Did you try hard resetting your console? That seems to fix like 90% of the NXOE problems.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
can someone with the game please quickly count how many songs there are in total in both channels on GHTV at any given time (like...now lol) just to kill this "the game only has 42 tracks" shit?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

My list implies 241 but I think I missed one.

I know that. I mean how many tracks does each channel have before it rotates. like say, the "rock" channel is on, how many tracks does that have?

Top Bottom