• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero Live |OT| Not a Band Game

ViciousDS

Banned
Guys......um.....guys I just heard the word shit

I literally paused the nickel back song because I am freaking out that we have fucking swear words not censored on GHTV ooohhhhj helllllyeyeuehsbffjkcenskfkf

I am going nuts right now!!!!

SFenton

I literally paused the nickel back song because I am freaking out that we have fucking swear words not censored on GHTV ooohhhhj helllllyeyeuehsbffjkcenskfkf

That'd be interesting. GHTV could possibly not be tied to ESRB, as I understand!

Is the guitar console specific or would you be able to use the same controller on both PS3 and PS4?

The guitars are all identical, but the dongles are console-specific. The bluetooth mobile guitar will not work on consoles and vice-versa.

The one exception is that the Wii U and PS3 dongles are identical according to Activision's support site.

SFenton

Online content is not rated by the ESRB. There were a couple of "shits" in the Warriors of Rock DLC too.

Whether they go for a fuck is yet to be seen.

Rocksmith did, way back when. "Jeremy" by Pearl Jam was originally released uncensored. I can't remember if they censored it for RS2014, or if they quietly overwrote the file for the original game at some point into its lifetime.

QZyZqOB.png

EDIT:

Apologies for the delay and for any miss-communication. We went back and checked up in regards to this issue, and it appears you are unable to sync multiple guitars to a single dongle.

We truly apologize for any inconvenience this caused.

Please let us know if you need any more assistance. EG

Come on, Activision...

antitrop

Yup, I noticed the word shit uncensored in Shark Attack by Grouplove and it definitely caught me off guard.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Fuck is censored tho, American Idiot am cry :/

the positive reception isn't making my having to wait to buy any better...lol

it's for the best though (only thing I'll miss out on is the A7X Premium stuff)...hoping to be able to buy in December

The guitars are all identical, but the dongles are console-specific. The bluetooth mobile guitar will not work on consoles and vice-versa.

The one exception is that the Wii U and PS3 dongles are identical according to Activision's support site.

Thanks, I guess I'll just go with the PS3 version for now.

ViciousDS

Banned
Fuck is censored tho, American Idiot am cry :/

Nnnnooooooo!!!!!!!

Whatever you win some and lose some.

I actually think that might have more to do with what music videos are available. If all that's available are uncensored or newer videos they will have to use those. American idiot probably has that retarded beep or tv static just like the original video doesn't it?

Also, damn I'm having so much fun on guitar again.....absolutely amazing. Also the FMV and crowd singing is amazing!

Really wish we could stream though on the PS4.....such bullshit

Nnnnooooooo!!!!!!!

Whatever you win some and lose some.

I actually think that might have more to do with what music videos are available. If all that's available are uncensored or newer videos they will have to use those. American idiot probably has that retarded beep or tv static just like the original video doesn't it?

Also, damn I'm having so much fun on guitar again.....absolutely amazing. Also the FMV and crowd singing is amazing!

Really wish we could stream though on the PS4.....such bullshit

American Idiot just mutes the vocals; no beep or static.

Well, Amazon confirmed delivery for Thursday! Faster than expected, since it was $79.99 and free shipping. :)

In the UK my Zavvi order says the game will be dispatched on Friday, which means I won't even be able to play it until Monday at the earliest.

Guess that's what I get for being a cheap arse.

KaYotiX

Banned

ive heard sensored songs already from ppl streaming it.

Chin35char

Is anyone else having problems connecting to GHTV on Xbox One? It has been saying "Connect to servers" all day long for me. Haven't been able to play that mode once.

ViciousDS

Banned
ive heard sensored songs already from ppl streaming it.

Yes, we're all discussing it here if ya didn't see above lol.

I think this game has actually brought.....fun back into the guitar. I can play GHTV songs without any worry to fail but still feel competitive against a leaderboard. It's a great concept and actually lets me rock out while not worrying too much but allows me to focus enough to know who's ahead of me. I overall am enjoying GHLive a lot more than RB4. Mostly because I can't even use my new drum set till they drop a firmware update.

But if guitar hero sells well enough for them to make a new drum set......holy shit that would be amazing with GHTV.

Yaari

In the UK my Zavvi order says the game will be dispatched on Friday, which means I won't even be able to play it until Monday at the earliest.

Guess that's what I get for being a cheap arse.

Yeah mines scheduled for Oct 27-29. What's up with that. Jeez.

Anway I just read on Reddit that every guitar needs its own dongle. So if you have 2 players you need to plug 2 in. Pretty ridiculous. Why could they not have made them sync with the console? Guess it was cheaper to producre them this way but still. Come on.

ViciousDS

Banned
Yeah mines scheduled for Oct 27-29. What's up with that. Jeez.

Anway I just read on Reddit that every guitar needs its own dongle. So if you have 2 players you need to plug 2 in. Pretty ridiculous. Why could they not have made them sync with the console? Guess it was cheaper to producre them this way but still. Come on.

Makes no sense really since ps4 allows simple Bluetooth controllers no problem to be detected. I could see Xbox one requiring some extra licensing for the wifi direct tech

dcassell

Banned
Played for about two hours today, mostly GHTV. I got the GameStop bonus $20 of GH cash, and it bought about 180 plays once I added a half hour of tokens. I'm playing this on a plasma screen TV, and the calibration has been really weird. The "game calibration" is totally broken and ruins the calibration if I mess up a ton, it seems. But I think I finally hit a sweet spot in the last song I played.

Bangarang was super fun. That Nickelback song was actually one of the funnest songs I've played so far as well. And I'm loving how the guitar style can turn songs that used to be easy peasy into huge challenges. Breaking the Law has been a nightmare while I've tried to get used to unusual chord structures. White-Black-White kills me every time.

FrsDvl

So glad I went with this instead of Rock Band 4. The different guitar layout is fun, and more interesting than the old layout. GHTV is great, so many good songs on there!

How do vocals work? Do I need a USB mic, or would a USB headset work?

SFenton

So glad I went with this instead of Rock Band 4. The different guitar layout is fun, and more interesting than the old layout. GHTV is great, so many good songs on there!

How do vocals work? Do I need a USB mic, or would a USB headset work?

You'll need a USB mic, and apparently you can only sing when a guitar is playing.

Sounds like the same issue I had at first, and I was starting to worry that it was a problem with my guitar too because I had no problem hitting hammer-ons. I found that I had to set my calibration slightly to the right of the "sweet spot" where the cowbell icon and sound happen perfectly in sync. After doing that I started getting 150+ note streaks easily and things felt right.

This helped me for a little bit, but over time, I'm finding myself falling back into these strange dropped notes. I've been playing guitar hero since the very beginning. I've learned the same muscle memory of when to hit notes like everyone else here, which makes it really frustrating as I'm learning the new setup and I know I'm hitting these right.

I'm not sure whether it's a subtle calibration issue across the board (seems a few of us are experiencing this) or if it's my guitar as I can't seem to maintain a streak between 50 and 100 without dropping a note I know I hit. Did FSG tweak when notes need to be strummed? I keep trying to strum at the bar, but I've also tried strumming within the highlighted boxes that pop up when you hold down notes.

U2NUMB

So far I like what I have played BUT... FUCK if I can not get this thing dialed in as far as calibration... I have everything but the inside third white button.. for some reason It registers odd compared to the others..

But I love the Guitar as far as how it feels.. I like that they dropped the old GH cartoon feel and it feels more mature... GHTV seems cool but I have to figure this calibration out.

The calibration tool definitely could use some improvement. Getting the timing right has felt pretty similar to when I first got DJ Hero.

I think the only reason I'm not having more problems with the timing is because I'm playing on my 23" computer monitor, which usually gets video delay of like 2-3ms with RB3 autocalibration. The fact that I DID have to adjust the calibration on GHL tells me something is up.

If you suddenly stop hitting notes in GHTV the highway goes away, with the screen showing Press Any Button To Join or something like that. I think you can even get that to go away if you press Start and drop out without exiting GHTV.

Daximuss

Is the "Rivals" mode in the game? I read an article stating that once you hit level 10 in GHTV, you unlock the mode. Please tell me I can compete against friends in GHTV.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Fuck all of you :(

;_;

Im jelly

antitrop

Joe Satriani came up on GHTV and it felt sooooooooo right.

Then they hit me with Cult of Personality and it was a disaster. :p Those solos...

ViciousDS

Banned
Joe Satriani came up on GHTV and it felt sooooooooo right.

Then they hit me with Cult of Personality and it was a disaster. :p Those solos...

I just hit cold shot by Stevie Ray Vaughn such a groovy tune and funny music video lol.

The lady starts smashing his guitar during the solo and he just keeps grabbing more behind the couch hahahaha

Figments

Is anyone else having problems with down-strumming? It's like it's missing every other strum and it's tripping me up all the time. Strumming up registers every time. I have no idea what's going on.

Anyone else having issues with slowdown on the note highway? The music videos play normally, but I see noticeable hiccups on the highway.

EDIT - PS4 version

Top Bottom