• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero Live |OT| Not a Band Game

Why should they offer this if you need the guitar? :v)

Well, as long as they clearly say you need the guitar before purchasing, they could still sell it digitally for people who prefer having their games downloaded. They're already selling separate guitars, so it should be possible.
I understand why they don't, though. Many people these days don't understand reading is required to understand stuff, so they'd still get angry messages about needing a new guitar.

Has anyone actually played this on Wii-U? Does it have all of the features of the X1/PS4 versions?

I play on Wii U and there are no missing features. I also see much fewer people having issues with the Wii U version compared to PS4/XB1, but I'm sure a lot of that is just due to how fewer Wii U owners there are.

There's also no Off-TV play however, which is a bit of a bummer.

wilflare

Why should they offer this if you need the guitar? :v)

New required guitar says hello. It's worth it though.

gah... I have no physical games for my PS4. all-digital library... and the convenience of accessing GH Live at any time would be really nice... :/

the plan was to get the guitar bundle, sell the physical game and then buy it on PSN

There is no code, its in the game, need to be level 6 to unlock ghtv premium to play the avenged sevenfold stuff.

ohhh. and I guess it's a limited time only thing? some unboxing videos seem to show a 9.99 Hero Cash included in the bundles - did anyone get that?

Dude Guy

I play on Wii U and there are no missing features. I also see much fewer people having issues with the Wii U version compared to PS4/XB1, but I'm sure a lot of that is just due to how fewer Wii U owners there are.

There's also no Off-TV play however, which is a bit of a bummer.

Thanks for the info. I may pick this up this weekend.

mackattk

ohhh. and I guess it's a limited time only thing? some unboxing videos seem to show a 9.99 Hero Cash included in the bundles - did anyone get that?

I didn't see that... I might have to look again though. I think the only thing it came with was a coupon for skylanders.

gah... I have no physical games for my PS4. all-digital library... and the convenience of accessing GH Live at any time would be really nice... :/

the plan was to get the guitar bundle, sell the physical game and then buy it on PSN

If you own all other games digitally then you can let GH Live sit in your disc drive forever, that's convenient enough :D

wilflare

omg.

ooCWfXj.jpg

okay. I'm lost. this is something only included if you pre-ordered/bought with Best Buy right?

hopefully, the RB4 mic works with Guitar Hero Live (see no reason why it wouldn't but yea)

fernoca

If you own all other games digitally then you can let GH Live sit in your disc drive forever, that's convenient enough :D
Yep. I get everything digitally on Wii U and 3DS.

Always leave a disc inside in cases like this. Lego Dimensions, Nintendoland and now Guitar Hero Live rotate. :p

okay. I'm lost. this is something only included if you pre-ordered/bought with Best Buy right?

hopefully, the RB4 mic works with Guitar Hero Live (see no reason why it wouldn't but yea)
Yeah, Best Buy gave them away. There are no official mics...yet.

There is a base/charger for the guitar, which is tempting, but I already have other plastic bases to put guitars from previous games.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you people with the 2 guitar bundle, honetly sicken me. why do you need two of them? you only have 2 arms!

im sitting here with zero. zero guitars. and youre hogging two. Bastards :(

wheres Friday damn it :_;

wilflare

Yep. I get everything digitally on Wii U and 3DS.

Always leave a disc inside in cases like this. Lego Dimensions, Nintendoland and now Guitar Hero Live rotate. :p

Yeah, Best Buy gave them away. There are no official mics...yet.

There is a base/charger for the guitar, which is tempting, but I already have other plastic bases to put guitars from previous games.

is that an official base? do you have a link to it ? ^^
it's included in your Bestbuy pre-order/purchase?

you people with the 2 guitar bundle, honetly sicken me. why do you need two of them? you only have 2 arms!

im sitting here with zero. zero guitars. and youre hogging two. Bastards :(

wheres Friday damn it :_;

:X I bought it with the intention to play my friends/siblings

antitrop

I can now consistently 4/5-Star songs that aren't Metal on Expert. I'm happy with my progression.

Not much challenge on GHTV, yet, I still get 1st or 2nd place every game even if I stop paying attention. It does seem to match you with people of similar Hero Level or whatever, so I'll keep at it and wait to get put in my place.

My left hand is killing me! Probably because I'm an old man and arthritis is setting in. Man this game is fun but it demands a lot more of you than past games.

antitrop

My left hand is killing me! Probably because I'm an old man and arthritis is setting in. Man this game is fun but it demands a lot more of you than past games.

It's the barre chords that did me in. I was applying way more pressure than necessary to make sure they registered, just to be safe as I was learning.

Just got done with my first sit down with the game, and hot damn is it fun. I was almost talked into switching to a RB4 preorder a couple of weeks but glad I didn't. Can't wait to see what kind of stuff gets added in the future.

It's the barre chords that did me in. I was applying way more pressure than necessary to make sure they registered, just to be safe as I was learning.

Are those pressing black and white in the same row? Those are rough as are when you have to press black and white in separate rows.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
did any GH or Rock Band before have buttonless strums like this one does? its breaking my brain for some reason thinking about it

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
I got a weird error last night trying to stream this game on PS4. It kept saying something like "Unable to stream this gameplay as it is blocked" or something like that. It was late. Are we not allowed to stream this game for some reason?

antitrop

I got a weird error last night trying to stream this game on PS4. It kept saying something like "Unable to stream this gameplay as it is blocked" or something like that. It was late. Are we not allowed to stream this game for some reason?
You can't even take screenshots.

Streaming is disabled for the game on PS4 and Xbox One. I would normally assume for music copyright reasons, but I don't think RB4 is blocked in the same way.

Screenshots are also disabled, even on Wii U.

Yaari

I wasn't expecting the game to be received so well. It seems everyone likes it. I can't wait to get my copy too.

HvySky

Anyone else a bit blindsided by the difficulty spike compared to past Guitar Hero and Rock Band games? Like, I knew there would be some nuance to learning the new finger placements, what with the extra "string", but goddamn I wasn't expecting this! I'm totally okay with it, I love the idea of relearning Guitar Hero in a new way, but I feel like the difficulties could be fine tuned a bit. Advanced is almost always too easy, but the moment I bump up to expert I get my ass handed to me by the constant black/white chord switch ups.

Basically, loving the game, but it's gonna take some getting used to. Lol

You can't even take screenshots.

Aw C'mon, really? I've been taking screenshots of my Expert FCs on RB4 and I was hoping this game would be more lax with sharing, not less. I mean, I won't be FCing songs on the hardest difficulty of this for a while, but it's the principle of it.

Anyone else a bit blindsided by the difficulty spike compared to past Guitar Hero and Rock Band games? Like, I knew there would be some nuance to learning the new finger placements, what with the extra "string", but goddamn I wasn't expecting this! I'm totally okay with it, I love the idea of relearning Guitar Hero in a new way, but I feel like the difficulties could be fine tuned a bit. Advanced is almost always too easy, but the moment I bump up to expert I get my ass handed to me by the constant black/white chord switch ups.

Basically, loving the game, but it's gonna take some getting used to. Lol
Yeah it's definitely a lot tougher than GH/RB on the same difficulty. I have a hard time when I have to press black and white together.

deoee

Aw C'mon, really? I've been taking screenshots of my Expert FCs on RB4 and I was hoping this game would be more lax with sharing, not less. I mean, I won't be FCing songs on the hardest difficulty of this for a while, but it's the principle of it.

Didn't someone post screenshots in this thread?

Top Bottom