• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (G-Tekketsu) |OT| The Iron Flower We Saw That Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Does no one ask how or why Carta made it out?

Like is this just a thing that got completely glossed over by everyone except me?
Mikatsuki was busy looking at Orga and Biscuit and err the blondies snuck behind his back and snatched their leader?

giphy.gif

CBTech

Does no one ask how or why Carta made it out?

Like is this just a thing that got completely glossed over by everyone except me?

I haven't posted since that episode, but I completely agree. It makes no sense that Carta managed to escape. Mikazuki had her at his mercy and should have killed her in a heart beat after finding out she killed Biscuit. Think about how quickly he was ready to murder Gaelio when he thought Cookie and Cracker were dead. If they didn't want Carts to die, they really shouldn't have made her pinned by the Barbatos.

Shun

G Tekketsu 23

What the fuck Mika that kill was brutal. don't you feel bad holy shit. that face (இдஇ)

Ein you straight up code geass except now you have a Zeong/Neo Zeong..

McGillis out here like he Lelouche

I don't think I can like Mika as much anymore. Give me that pacifist shit you disgusting violent gorilla.

jgminto

With all the talk of revenge this episode, it's pretty ironic that it didn't enter into Mikazuki's motivation for battle at all. As the preview mentions, he's reached the point where he will crush anything that blocks his path. On the other hand, Ein is now more machine than man but he still shows more human emotion than Mikazuki. I have very little grasp on McGillis' motivations at this point, I understand that he wants to bring down the current Gjallahorn but why would he sacrifice the ones with the strongest bonds to him? I feel bad for Gaelio being caught unaware in the middle as his friends are crippled and killed.

dOgZuuZ.jpg

When you know you're doomed

I like the direction the story is taking, will Merrebit be the best mother ever and get all those kids on the right track again?

There was also a slower, more impactful version of one of the songs that appears frequently, I don't know the name of it but it started playing during Orga's scene at the tail end of the episode, very cool. The Barbatos tear when Mikazuki struck the killing blow was neat as well.

Chariot

At first I thought that it would be funny if they would refuse the duel and just blow them away.

It wasn't funny anymore when Mikazuki actually did it. Holy crap, didn't expect that. He andt the whole group really is off the deep end. I really like how they show the dark side of a bunch of child soldiers. That's not a happy bunch that is just misunderstood, their minds are twisted through all the war and fighting where it leads into tragedy. Especially with the calm soul Biscuit gone.

Tecl0n

Kids become fanatical child soldiers when being led by warmongering crazy bastards and a megalomaniac woman who believes herself to be hope incarnate. That was certainly not an outcome i expected when this started.

The Barbatos tear when Mikazuki struck the killing blow was neat as well.

Even his own suit is scared of him.

duckroll

Episode 23

Goddamn, Teraoka's storyboard was awesome. Watching Barbatos rip the suits apart piece by piece and step on them.... mmmm.... He's storyboarding next week's episode too, so it's probably going to be combat all the way to the end now. I wonder what sort of note they want to end this season on. Will it be an actual victory? Or will everything fall apart as it should?

The music this week sure liked abusing the main theme over and over. Lol.

MechaX

Kids become fanatical child soldiers when being led by warmongering crazy bastards and a megalomaniac woman who believes herself to be hope incarnate. That was certainly not an outcome i expected when this started.

So I forget, what exactly does Kudelia plan on doing when she gets where she's got to go?

Like, I know that she has to get to Earth for the entire series, but... what exactly is her plan again?

duckroll

So I forget, what exactly does Kudelia plan on doing when she gets where she's got to go?

Like, I know that she has to get to Earth for the entire series, but... what exactly is her plan again?

They're trying to get the old guy reelected so he has the power to alter the contracts with Mars.

RangerBAD

Episode 23

Goddamn, Teraoka's storyboard was awesome. Watching Barbatos rip the suits apart piece by piece and step on them.... mmmm.... He's storyboarding next week's episode too, so it's probably going to be combat all the way to the end now. I wonder what sort of note they want to end this season on. Will it be an actual victory? Or will everything fall apart as it should?

The music this week sure liked abusing the main theme over and over. Lol.

It definitely was weird in a place like Mikazuki mercilessly killing people. It's a song with a sense of triumph, not one of no mercy.

The only thing I really hated so far on Tekketsu no Oprhens is the last parts of episode 23.
Can we have Karuta back? Ein is shit. He should have been the one who died.

RideTakaki putting the pressure on Merribitto was probably the best theme of the episode. Kind of a bit scared for next week since Takaki is in some grunt unit :/ Let's Survive.

Would be a nice change of plot if somehow Gaelio is the good guy at the end of the story, all the emotion he is constantly facing first Ein, now Carta and more.

Jarmel

Banned
This episode had Mika swatting a person like a fly, literally stomping another person out of existence, and the third one he was going to stab to death with her own sword.

Mika the gawd

Ruthless. But at least he stuck to his guns. Plus we should've seen this coming anyway considering how they handled Lt. Krank as well.

Love how Barbatos has become more of a bruiser in its appearance as the show has continued. Also, Kimaris Trooper is beautiful.

MechaX

They're trying to get the old guy reelected so he has the power to alter the contracts with Mars.

I... have multiple concerns about this plan, especially since it relies on putting faith in a dodgy old man who looks like he's a relative of Heihachi fucking Mishima, but I guess we'll see how it goes.

And after watching 23, my only thoughts are "Man. Mika is kind of a jerk."

I feel like at the end of season 1, either Mika or Orga is gonna die, they're not gonna both survive past this season.

I think that there's still a lot that can be explored in those characters, so killing them of doesn't make that much sense to me. Personally I also wouldn't want them to die just because they're my favourite characters lol.

My guess would be Robo-Ein taking a named side-character out, or a bunch of unnamed Tekkadan kids dying to push Orga's arc forward.

I can only see the destruction of Tekkadan at the end. Where are they going to go after all this? Unless they destroy the whole Gjallarhorn they will always be hunted.

Also anybody notice the fcked up moon? That's a nice touch.

Shouta

Did they actually go and fuse Ein into that robot? What happened to the only spine surgery required?

The doctors said that they couldn't take him off the life support as I recall. Putting the spine on with some extra systems allows him to pilot a mobile suit and still have his life support. This is what they've been referring to the last few episodes and why Gaelio was apprehensive about this, I think.

Mika was brutal in this episode, jeez. Then again, the show hasn't really pulled any punches in regards to this but still...

Merribit seeing first hand how different the kids are really hit her in this episode. I'm hoping that this starts something for the second season and gets her involved more. I did like that Orga reigned it in at the end and decided to move forward.

Did they actually go and fuse Ein into that robot? What happened to the only spine surgery required?

I have a feeling Mcgillis have something to do with this and told the doctor to go all the way with the operation.

or maybe Ein's damage is really that severe, when he's attacked by Mika, I think you can kinda see that it hit Ein at the waist, so maybe that attack almost severed Ein in 2 and they decided to just ditch the lower body part.

from the diagram, it kinda give the impression they remove both arm too....

I bet in the final episode, they'll show that they can also shut down the personality too if they want, basically making him into mindless weapon.

I bet in the final episode, they'll show that they can also shut down the personality too if they want, basically making him into mindless weapon.

All Ein wants to do is killing kids, there's not much reason to mess around with his personality when he's already the ultimate killing machine with his default mindset.

Heh, I kinda like this parallel between Ein and Mikazuki now that I think about it.

Zetta

Such a great episode. I actually loved the fact that Mika didn't take any of that duel shit into consideration since how would they benefit from it. I mean for all they knew it was a trap to stall them so best solution was to take them out. Also I don't understand all this hate for Mika now, I mean he has been killing people from the get go so why expect him to change now. I

RangerBAD

I have a feeling that all Gundam pilots from the Calamity War were just brains with their spinal cords intact. Easier to control, maintain and replace.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Mika is what I wish a lot of characters in other media were. It always drives me insane when characters try to be good to a fault, where they put themselves or other people in danger just so they can be honorable or some bullshit.

Mika is on some:

Oar7fKV.gif

He's the GOAT anime character.

jgminto

All Ein wants to do is killing kids, there's not much reason to mess around with his personality when he's already the ultimate killing machine with his default mindset.

Heh, I kinda like this parallel between Ein and Mikazuki now that I think about it.
Except he's always valued honor and friendship more than pure vengeance every time. He wouldn't have risked his life to save Gaelio otherwise.

Mika the best, he just does what needs to be done, they have no time please an elitists enemy. Barbatos looked awesome and menacing, maybe it was the budget because it never looked so detailed. Kudelia wearing Tekkadan uniform in the preview. Will she be fighting? Can't wait.

MechaX

Seems like the IBO folks decided to take a cue from Front Mission of all things (although, I wouldn't be surprised if Front Mission wasn't the first to pull the "put this brain/paraplegic/etc in this giant robot for extra giant robot power." in a setting like this)

I have a feeling McGills is running himself into a corner being a douche to everyone

I'm pretty interested on how Mika reacts to that in the next few episodes,
because he was about to extra-merk Carta, but once she started crying for McGillis, even Mika was like "da faq?!" and left his guard down completely.

RangerBAD

Except he's always valued honor and friendship more than pure vengeance every time. He wouldn't have risked his life to save Gaelio otherwise.

Yeah, and that's why he wants revenge, but then he looks like a fool when Krank opts to bloody his hands in children's blood so Ein doesn't have to. Ein isn't even thinking about the person that was lost.

Luigi87

Holy shit Mika @_@

He just outright murdered those two (and then crushed Carta). Attacking opponents outside of their mobile suits, for a protagonist that's like, breaking the rules!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I laughed at Carta's henchman looking like ghetto Rhidde.

Get out of here Rhidde, you're enough of a jobber already.

EDIT: Mika da bes. I don't care if he's a sociopath. He treats warfare like it is.

I like how one side is being manipulated by McGillis while the other is manipulated by Mikazuki.

EDIT2: Oh Christ Carta got away again. Jesus. I hope she ends up as a robot too.

The finale should just be all the people Mikazuki almost killed being turned into Gundams vs Mika.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom