• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (G-Tekketsu) |OT| The Iron Flower We Saw That Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
zzFAOLk.jpg

That's was some rough animation right there...

Also waiting on Gaelio to die because he's the only honorable motherfucker in the entire show, well... Besides Crank Zent, but we all know how he ended up.

Don't even get me started on Ein and his continued quest to belittle his master's sacrifice.

MechaX

You think that Mika will just merk Super Ein and it'll be business as usual for Tekkadan, or will Ein actually going through all this shit be worth it?

I do at least hope it's the latter.

jgminto

That was emotionally exhausting...
Tekkadan is in a brutal state, characters I like were eviscerated and Ein is scary as fuck. I hope
Shino survived since he was still alive when they showed his face but I don't have high hopes...

Man, there's so much to say but I'm speechless.

Ein just isn't taking fucking prisoners this time.

GOOD EPISODE AGAIN

---------------

Regardless of everything that happened, we all have to agree that this was pretty "interesting" right?

Scavenger

Daaaaamn, that was a great episode.

Lafter and Azee. :-( Looks like Shino got lucky because Robocop Ein's Prime Directive kicked in.

duckroll

Episode 24

Goddamn. That was awesome. Everything good about the series in a single episode. Orga's speech was great. The tactics were great. The fights were great. The animation was mostly great. The only complain I have is who the fuck thought it was a good idea to write it such that Atra has to drive the most important vehicle in the mission. Like seriously. They really don't have anyone else? Nonsense. :p

Next week is going to be a great finale. I hope Sunrise still has animators left though. :p

I assume Ride survived (since they cut away from him and only showed that one charging random character), why you let him volunteer Takaki, protect him.

Yamagi didnt seem that distressed so maybe Shino survived.

Eugene got a cool entrance though.

Alright episode, Merribitto is swiftly getting to be even more annoying than Kudelia, Kudelua at least found a role, accepted the kids motivations, and at least supports them and helping them find themselves. Merribitto needs to change fast.

Wuiji

RIP Laffter and Azee :'(

It's ok though, Charcolate Man to the goddamn rescue. He is going to wreck Galli Galli, then head into town and return the Eindroid back down to scrub level.

Charcolate Man has come to laugh at all fools.
tumblr_nx516qLahf1ro8jcyo1_500.gif

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Yo I totally thought I stopped caring about all these characters and I generally have, but Mikazuki saving the day still got me, that crazy sociopathic and bloodthrusty bastard. Even Choco man came in join in on the action. That combined with Orga's speech got me all hyped.

They're both morally reprehensible, but god damn it is entertaining watching them save the day to continue this wild revenge crazy ride.

Kysen

What is Orga's brother (cant remember the name) gonna say now that he has lost 2 wives due to carelessness by Orga?

Kira made it through 50 episodes only losing one friend(Flay doesn't count). Maybe Orga should have invested in some plot armor for the Tekkadan crew.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
What is Orga's brother (cant remember the name) gonna say now that he has lost 2 wives due to carelessness by Orga?

Kira made it through 50 episodes only losing one friend(Flay doesn't count). Maybe Orga should have invested in some plot armor for the Tekkadan crew.

That's because Seed was shiiit, shit!!!

Anyway I'm glad Orphans are finally dying in this series, for a rag tag mercenary group against the most well funded and powerful miltary organisations, they sure were getting off relatively scott free for a long ass time

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Maybe Orga dies and then it ends with Mikazuki nuking the universe.

Pretty sure Orga survives this season he's shown smiling (almost villainously) at the end of next episodes preview. I'm guessing he goes full Griffith, which is kind of a meaningless comparison as Mikazuki was the one manipulating him and doing so masterfully, with Choco-man joining in on the fun.

rrvv

Season 2 is almost certainly planned, there's no way they end this, or ever planned on endng this after an election of all things.

I can see it the ending on next episode thought. After all the original mission of Tekkadan is finished. Obviously there is enough potential for S2 but as far as the current story goes. It pretty much finished

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I can see it the ending on next episode thought. After all the original mission of Tekkadan is finished. Obviously there is enough potential for S2 but as far as the current story goes. It pretty much finished

Doesn't make any sense storywise though. The goal of Tekkadan, is essentially to live cushy lives. That's not going to happen if one minister manages to win an election in an economic block ultimately controlled by Gjallahorn after they litterally laid siege on a city. It's pretty obvious even after that sucess Gjallahorn will hunt them down and kill them. Unless they fail (unlikely) or the there's a massive timeskip where everything is magically sorted out, it isn't remotely over.

There's a reason why Mikazuki says they must destroy Gjallahorn, because it's not over until that organisation is reformed or destroyed.

Tecl0n

Yes! Ein bringing justice and calling out Kudelia for her insanity. Poor Gaelio, i don't think he'll stay sane. What if after all this Makanai still doesn't have enough votes to get himself seated?

Episode 24The only complain I have is who the fuck thought it was a good idea to write it such that Atra has to drive the most important vehicle in the mission. Like seriously. They really don't have anyone else? Nonsense. :p

Her hands were so impossibly tiny in comparison to the steering wheel.

duckroll

Nah. No one is watching the show to see Tekkadan deliver Kudelia to an election. No one proprosed this show to be about Kudelia being delivered to an election. No one is writing this show to tell a story of Kudelia being delivered to an election. That's just a general objective to frame a part of the story. The series is about Tekkadan and the price that Mika and Orga pay to go to "the place they want to be". This is just the first half of the story.

Renewed

cue OPM OK

Didn't expect Eugene and group, I guess the ship is somewhere safe. Sure let's kill em all, not like I was attached to any of them. Don't backpedal, let dead be dead. It just seems like McGillis is gonna use Ein's situation against Gjallahorn so he can reform it. Why did I finally realize that Kimaris has the whole knight thing going on? It must have been the hover mode that looked like horse legs along with the lance and shield.

Luigi87

Azee and Lafter ;_;

Great episode, but dang people dying left and right.

Next week's ep, I'm way more interested in McGillis vs. Gaelio over Mika vs. Mobile Suit Ein

Also Takaki inheriting Biscuit's hat.

RangerBAD

Gut wrenching episode at times. I hate Ein about as much as Riddhe or Hathaway at this point. One of the most useless characters that's given too many lives. I suppose he is pretty mentally damaged being a near corpse connected to a mobile suit which is pretty cruel, but supposedly he chose it.

Defuser

Goddamn, look at the death count for this. I hope Lafter survives because it was off screen according to Gundam logic, Azee looks dead.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I can't wait until Mika goes SEEDType and crushes Ein.

Totakeke

I'm still wondering what is choco's plan here exactly? Have both sides take each other out but not really? Have Gjallahorn lose public support due to use of Alaya-Vijnana and taking an Ahab Reactor into a city center I guess?

Baalzebup

I mean, Ein is kinda cool as a horribly efficient hero-killer, but... Fuck you, Ein. I really hope Lafter didn't die, though I'm pretty sure she did. ;-;

The last two episodes have been something else.

RangerBAD

well, i guess you know the end is near for a gundam series when half the cast bites it one episode

I'm pretty sure it's getting another season. Unless you really thought the show was about Kudelia getting to Edmonton. Like what is that fat old man up to? What is McGillis' end game play? Lots of questions still.

OMG my heart was pounding when Ein showed up and started to rekt everyone. RIP Lafter and Azee, Shino better make it out alive, he has someone waiting for him and that side plot can't end like this. When Takaki put on Biscuit's hat, perfection, plus the Orga speech, OMG. All the kids dying at the start and Eugene saving the squad, it's amazing the amount of stuff that happened in just one episode. What is McGrillis up to? Mika better make crazy basted Ein pay for what he did to the girls. Best episode yet! If the ending delivers, 10/10 series. Next Sunday is gonna be awesome with both Schwarzesmarken and IBO ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom