• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 - Media blow out

Spartan Ops and Infected tells me I need more Halo buddies (that are in my timezone) :(

What timezone? I, too, wouldn't mind having a few extra buddies up for Halo shenanigans come November.

As for the screenshots: I love the sheer variety of environments we have seen so far. Spartan Ops really opens up the universe.

I must say, I'm not really amazed by the technical side of those screens. To me it looks like they were finally able to adapt the art style to something that is able to exploit the hardware of the 360 a lot better. Halo CE and 2 were designed with the limitations of the time, and so was the visual flair. Halo3, despite being much more impressive than 1-2, still had the same art style and as a result wasn't able to provide a meaningfull improvement. This is true for environments and characters/enemies. Reach went into the right direction, but I feel like this one actually managed to divorce itself from the limitations of the original Art Direction, while keeping the main design language intact.

I think that might be the biggest achievement of Halo 4s visuals.

JimiNutz

Banned
Seeing Halo 4 looking this amazing makes me upset that MS dont have more first party devs making 360 exclusives.
I didnt realise the 360 was capable of graphics this good.

Sony has a bunch of developers making games exclusively for their hardware and it really shows, but Halo 4 looks just as good, if not better than, Uncharted, Killzone, God of War etc.

MS better have more studios making games ONLY for Xbox next gen.

Seeing Halo 4 looking this amazing makes me upset that MS dont have more first party devs making 360 exclusives.

Sony has a bunch of developers making games exclusively for their hardware and it really shows, but Halo 4 looks just as good, if not better than, Uncharted, Killzone, God of War etc.

Problem is that most of their franchises don't make money like Halo does so they don't feel that its worth the investment i guess.

AlStrong

doesn't really look like any of the other spartan armours we've been shown. the big blocks of colour aren't found anywhere else...

but you're probably right.

It's the underlying body suit when you remove all the armour pieces.

From the "A Hero Awakens Vidoc" @6:00

LvDTS.jpg

gangnam style flood dance pls, frankie

lockload

Got to play the game earlier tonight, the game doesn't look like those screenshots but it looks better than previous games

Spartan ops was fun got to play two levels Land Grab and Sniper Alley with 4 other players

Also played the infection mode and lots of others on about 6 of the wargames maps.

Cant speak about a certain map and what's on it until the 1st of oct..aaagghhhh it was fun!!

wwm0nkey

Got to play the game earlier tonight, the game doesn't look like those screenshots but it looks better than previous games

Spartan ops was fun got to play two levels Land Grab and Sniper Alley with 4 other players

Also played the infection mode and lots of others on about 6 of the wargames maps.

Cant speak about a certain map and what's on it until the 1st of oct..aaagghhhh it was fun!!

We already know what it is lol

Can't wait to see the impressions on the 1st though.

abadguy

Banned

Well they have been opening up a bunch of new first party devs in the last few years, hopefully they will be every bit as talented as 343i and Turn 10.

Vire

2012+-+1

Did you play campaign at all?

Flood shot, found it finally!

I always wondered why Bungie didnt just make the Zombies in their Halo MP games Flood characters. Too obvious??

danwarb

Not all of them are theatre mode pics, typical press shots/bullshots. It looks like the screenshots and videos of what it looks like, which is great.

Sahin!!!!!

KageMaru

Speaking from personal experience, aliasing and resolution. The game looks great, but the bullshots we've been given look like something out of the high res PC screenshot thread in terms of IQ.

Ok, well that's precisely what I'm talking about. Resolution and IQ should be the only real differences between a bullshot and gameplay. I don't think any of us expect the game to be as jaggy free or beyond 720p, so those are acceptable. Thanks. =)

I take you have played the game?

Ok, well that's precisely what I'm talking about. Resolution and IQ should be the only real differences between a bullshot and gameplay. I don't think any of us expect the game to be as jaggy free or beyond 720p, so those are acceptable. Thanks. =)

I take you have played the game?
Many many times at PAX.

Wait, from the polygon preview, Spartan Ops/vehicle spoilers:
"While 343i gave a taste of Spartan Ops at E3, this time they showed off a more vehicle oriented skirmish scenario called "Land Grab" that ultimately climaxed in three Scarab tanks bombarding Covenant positions with plasma explosions"
Are we talking Scarabs Scarabs here or did they confuse vehicles? That sounds too awesome to be true.

I think they meant
wraiths

Yes. Those are Wraiths and not Scarabs.
I knew it sounded too good to be true

Yeah, I'd much rather see this than another Blood Gulch.
Same, as much as I loved BG on Halo 1 the map itself was pretty badly designed in terms of weapon sandbox. Long range weapons ruled over it fully. At least in valhalla the other weapons had some room to breathe and there was more cover. I still suspect it to be a ranged map primarily like valhalla was

I knew it sounded too good to be true

Same, as much as I loved BG on Halo 1 the map itself was pretty badly designed in terms of weapon sandbox. Long range weapons ruled over it fully. At least in valhalla the other weapons had some room to breathe and there was more cover. I still suspect it to be a ranged map primarily like valhalla was

Do we know if itll be "bigger" like some of the anniversary maps were (like beaver creek).

InB4 HigherARC telling you your eyes are obviously broken and then 3 more paragraphs about the game's amazing pipe rendering tech.

Expecting a game to be comparable to pc resolution/aa is completely dumb to even consider. What game has anything close to 4k resolution on a console? I'm going after people who want to believe like that res is the only thing that would make the game look amazing. Screenshots show what the graphics are like lighting, poly, texture, particles, etc wise. But as the game is 720p and with custom FXAA it's going to look as good as consoles allow. When talking about graphics for a console game, spouting how it won't have 16aa and 4k res is the last thing you would want to complain about cause what game on console does? Logistics my friend logistics

harmonize

Wait, what? Valhalla is the map getting remade? I thought it was said that the only remake was one that hadn't been on the 360 yet?

Top Bottom