• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 beta clips leak (sprint, ADS is *not* COD-style) (more clips and info added)

TechOne

heh.

3QhbC9P.png

Noobcraft

Why should anything happen to him?

Shinobi seems like a nice guy, he's not a blatant fanboy or someone with a bizarre agenda, he's someone who clearly knows people and he reports what he is told.

He doesn't need a 100% success rate, if he's wrong on things he should deal with that accordingly (if he feels he needs to).

Im not for some public slaying or something just because he might have gotten some incorrect information which as yet isn't wholly proven to be incorrect
He is a nice guy and I like him around. I don't think he should get banned or anything but if he's wrong he caused a lot of unnecessary drama. I'm relatively new here so I was just curious.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Does that mean he is 100% right? I've only been a lurker for a year so not familiar with him, but is it possible he is mistaken, or maybe the information he received is wrong, or mis understood?

Of course it's possible, but he's been right on other stuff. Tommorrow is the reveal or whatever, that's when we know for sure.

sp3000

Or maybe I'm just using real world common sense here.

I should probably dumb it down to videogame level, where aiming is dumb, and running around while hip firing is normal.

If you want realism in your shooters play Arma 3. Your needs are already catered to in every other shooter. Why do you need to shit up Halo?

aravuus

I think it's kind of ironic how some people went "well there you have it no ADS Halo not ruined etc" after they saw Vin's clips and on the same breath say the people who don't want no ADS shit in their Halo overreacted and/or jumped the gun lol

Wollveren

Banned
not really.

sprint exists.

ads likely exists.

i see fucking stairs. STAIRS. And cluttered walls. grenades will be as useful as reach again.

Damn... you're right, and I was certain in the year 2550+ Humans would evolve enough to stop needing to use stairs, the future is so disappointing now.... -.-

I think you've lost it dude, unless I'm missing something.

Sai-kun

Banned
So....why?

Damn... you're right, and I was certain in the year 2550+ Humans would evolve enough to stop needing to use stairs, the future is so disappointing now.... -.-

I think you've lost it dude, unless I'm missing something.

Did you play much Halo: Reach?

Grenade Launcher attached to the SMG...

Sound the fucking alarms, boys and girls.

Already covered in the halo thread but that is not the case.

The player seems to jump/thruster backwards (new gameplay mechanic) and as a result his weapon is angled upwards, probably as a balancing part.

At the same time, the enemy player rounds the corner with a plasma grenade attached to his shoulder from another player off screen. Look at the bottom left and you'll see an ally on the radar/motion sensor.

There is no grenade launcher on the SMG

Mr Lakitu

Banned
What if ads did ever so slightly more damage, not happening but would be interesting

It would be a cod vs halo scenario within the game

I updated the graphic to clarify the point I was making. This was solely thrown together for those confused about the difference between ADS and Halo's zooming mechanic.

As others stated, a cosmetic change is ultimately no big deal, although I do find it largely unnecessary.

Noobcraft

so then why even have ads in the first place? hud zoom was way better
I prefer ADS, HUD zoom was always kind of immersion breaking to me. I get that they have helmets with HUDs but it didn't make sense for the guns to vanish while zoomed relative to the scope placement and design (why have a traditional looking scope when a small camera would do just fine?) I like it better in the leaked videos.

Top Bottom