• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 beta clips leak (sprint, ADS is *not* COD-style) (more clips and info added)

...for nothing? I dont think the major issue was just the ADS. What about all the other shit that they threw into Halo 4 that is also in this one? Are we just going to ignore that now and sit on a high horse?

Perks, loadouts, and AA's were confirmed to be out, right? How can those exist in an Arena shooter?

The only glaring issue I see atm is sprint, which no one should have expected them to take out so quickly.

The main shitstorm was over ADS, and at the moment it just seems to be aesthetic. Let's wait and see.

26 pages of pointless bickering and raging.

wSvoup5.gif

Absolutely not. Did we just see a guy sprint with a pistol and then fucking thrust around like in AW? This huge thread is justified.

ultron87

But you still lose a functional button on your gamepad to a redundant mechanic, which Halo can't afford to lose right now unless you lose melee to the right stick or something.

Not sure why people are already celebrating, we clearly still don't have the full picture.

What button are we losing? There's always been a zoom button in Halo.

TheRed

My big problem wasn't with ADS, it's still with sprint.

I'm still pissed.

Yeah this is still hugely disappointing. I hoped after Halo 4 multi died so fast they would get try getting rid of sprint. Now all I expect is maps not to be as tightly designed because they're stretched out to make room for sprinting :(.

logikk

Neo Member
So, I'm a big Halo fan and I don't think sprint ruins Halo at all. Is that bad??

Why would being able to sprint ruin something entirely?? I can sprint in real life, and that isn't terrible.

Wollveren

Banned
But you still lose a functional button on your gamepad to a redundant mechanic, which Halo can't afford to lose right now unless you lose melee to the right stick or something.

Not sure why people are already celebrating, we clearly still don't have the full picture.

How are you losing a button? It could still be mapped to the same button as scoping in... I'm actually ashamed to say I've forgotten if it's L3 or R3!!!!

Seriously

Removing sprint makes Halo 500% better.

343 made a poll where 80% of the users said that Halo is better without sprint.

And there is still sprint.

They just don't understand.

Alucrid

Banned

the only thing i can think of is if they put it on the same input as scope

but then how would that even help CoD players who are used to using the ads with triggers?

Pappasman

I saw those tweets, and that's good news. But sprint is still in and ADS (at least cosmetically) is still in. I really hope there is an option for the old style zoom. I don't want ADS taking up half of the fucking screen when playing. Also Sprint is still in.

Sprint.

Sprint.

pls remove.

VeeP

To be fair, all this concern is warranted because this subject has been doing the rounds for freaking years.

Concern? What concern? Halo is stagnant. Gameplay is dated. It needs to evolve. 343i you need to add wall running next. Maybe we can give Chief a Exosuit to go on top of his MJOLNIR Armor.

Reason a beta awaits us and so does tomorrow's reveal.

tbh if they kept sprint only in btb I'd be satisfied. Seems wasteful to remove the feature after making all the animations and such. Just up the base movement speed.

"No penalty to hip fire in H5"

Why have ADS then at all? Like, why? If it is purely cosmetic.

Just have to assume weapons like the BR have CQC sights now and differ sights and scopes have different effects. Just a thought atleast because if descope returns it'd re stupid to use a CQC sight or ironsight and get thrown back into "hipfire" mode after being shot at. So I assume they provide some buff that (hopefully) isn't linked to spread/accuracy

Halo always was the last bastion of twitch FPS for me like Quake and Unreal Tournament, no ADS and just fast paced action.

I just want that to continue.

Hatchtag

Banned
Leak ADS and sprint. Watch as shitstorm ensues. Then leak that ADS is purely cosmetic. Suddenly everyone thinks everything is okay and forgets about the awfulness that is sprint. 343's played you like a god damn fiddle.

What's flinch?

In Halo 1-Reach, when you got shot, you were forced out of your scope. In Halo 4, flinch was added, which means when you were scoped in, you stayed in scope even if you were shot. It basically made it so the skill of shooting a weapon in Halo was significantly decreased.

Top Bottom