• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 beta clips leak (sprint, ADS is *not* COD-style) (more clips and info added)

aravuus

d421e19bbc2a09d9832981c345e6f248.png

https://twitter.com/JoshingtonState/status/531541844178792448

Nice. Makes you wonder why there even is ADS in that case. Can't really come up with any reason to use it since it doesn't seem to zoom much either.

Seventy70

i'm literally rofling right now. all that shitstorm for nothing haha

...for nothing? I dont think the major issue was just the ADS. What about all the other shit that they threw into Halo 4 that is also in this one? Are we just going to ignore that now and sit on a high horse?

For people saying aiming down the sights is the proper way to shoot a weapon, stop and think for a second -- this is a game about heavily modofied cyborgs in the future.

Spartans don't need to aim down no stinkin ironsights, maaaaaaan. They're like highly advanced RoboCops.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Damn... you're right, and I was certain in the year 2550+ Humans would evolve enough to stop needing to use stairs, the future is so disappointing now.... -.-

I think you've lost it dude, unless I'm missing something.

Halo is built around ramps and flat surfaces for the purposes of grenades. Geometry such as stairs and wall clutter means grenades bouncing back in your face instead of going where intended.

Is the boosting going to be a perk/loadout, or is this baseline movement going to be standard like in titanfall/cod:aw?

I like the increased mobility in those shooters nowadays, even the slow space jetpacks like in destiny.

Homeboyd

Yes to ADS, sprint, perks, loadouts, AA's (aka spartan abilities), infinity drops, weapon attachments, ability to unlock weapons and armor with gameplay changing abilities, smg/AR starts, supers, and urban/human or brown/rock themed only multilayer maps. On and mantises (mantii?). All of that please. You guys just don't know what makes halo, halo ass halo. I do. Also ranks should NOT be displayed in pregame lobbies. Ugh I'm so tired of the e-peen jerks online that have to just rub it in your face how much better they are than you. I deserve the right to play anyway I want and I believe my way is the right way, just as you do.

ultron87

Is the boosting going to be a perk/loadout, or is this baseline movement going to be standard like in titanfall/cod:aw?

I like the increased mobility in those shooters nowadays, even the slow space jetpacks like in destiny.

If one player has it everyone will have it. They've said that every player in a match will be the same. Don't know yet if that means there will be "thruster pack slayer" or if that is just the default for all games.

Wollveren

Banned
"No penalty to hip fire in H5"

Why have ADS then at all? Like, why? If it is purely cosmetic.

It's actually REALLLY smart if you think about it, I know so many people who don't like Halo because its different, no ADS etc... This gives those players the illusion that this is still similar to other FPS's, but still Halo. This way it caters to more crowds.

Some people are just used to having to aim down sights every time you see an enemy.

So, what about all the other crap that bogs down MP?

Ordnance drops, perks, loadouts, etc. Is that all still in or what? Did Halo 4 support classic modes? Why wasn't it more popular if it did?

I prefer ADS, HUD zoom was always kind of immersion breaking to me. I get that they have helmets with HUDs but it didn't make sense for the guns to vanish while zoomed relative to the scope placement and design (why have a traditional looking scope when a small camera would do just fine?) I like it better in the leaked videos.

marines use the same weapons.

Guess they wanted to change the zoom functionality. I can live with that. I can honestly live with that. it didn't need to be changed, but I can live with that.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
ADS may not be as bad as COD, but sprint is still in, no word on descope, and ADS obscures your vision, so it's still nothing to be happy about.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's actually REALLLY smart if you think about it, I know so many people who don't like Halo because its different, no ADS etc... This gives those players the illusion that this is still similar to other FPS's, but still Halo. This way it caters to more crowds.

Some people are just used to having to aim down sights every time you see an enemy.
But you still lose a functional button on your gamepad to a redundant mechanic, which Halo can't afford to lose right now unless you lose melee to the right stick or something.

Not sure why people are already celebrating, we clearly still don't have the full picture.

Top Bottom