• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Guardians: #huntthetruth

Bsigg12

For anyone who hasn't been following, here's where we got to. All thanks goes to samurai1226 for compiling to this point.

Here you go:
hunt07.jpg

So blue team is 3 spartans, lockes team is 5 spartans?

Bsigg12

Who's on Locke's team? Do we know?

Lots of theories rolling around but I saw one that said it might be Romeo, Buck and the female soldier from Nightfall that I really like.

Nice...

Pretty sure the fourth Blue Team Spartan is there, just not shown yet (Fred).

Yea you can make out a part of a gun where a 4th person should be and it makes sense that it would be Fred.

It was echoed earlier, but Blue Team is in the house.

El_Chino

Lots of theories rolling around but I saw one that said it might be Romeo, Buck and the female soldier from Nightfall that I really like.

Yea you can make out a part of a gun where a 4th person should be and it makes sense that it would be Fred.

It was echoed earlier, but Blue Team is in the house.

No confirmations yet.. thought to be Buck & Romeo and maybe Macer or that new Spartan from the comics.. Tanaka?

If that means more Nathan Fillion then I'm down!

For anyone who hasn't been following, here's where we got to. All thanks goes to samurai1226 for compiling to this point.
So there were no new parts yet? Good. Went sleeping after that (it was 11pm in germany). Will be able to continue in about 8 hours when I'm at home, if there are new parts

OMG @Episode 05. Really looking forward what will happen next. Voice actors are doing amazing work here

Bsigg12

So there were no new parts yet? Good. Went sleeping after that (it was 11pm in germany). Will be able to continue in about 8 hours when I'm at home, if there are new parts

OMG @Episode 05. Really looking forward what will happen next. Voice actors are doing amazing work here

Yea, nothing new. Thanks again for doing that.

Remember the Halo 5 multiplayer beta teaser trailer? His voice is in that.

Ah yeah, I remember that now. Was it ever really confirmed though? I wouldn't exactly say there was enough to be absolutely sure it was him and not just someone who sounded enough like him for those lines.

Bsigg12

Ah yeah, I remember that now. Was it ever really confirmed though? I wouldn't exactly say there was enough to be absolutely sure it was him and not just someone who sounded enough like him for those lines.

Well, Jun recruited him to become a Spartan IV, which then leads to a crazy ass story regarding Mickey, so we know he's around because him and Romeo got reassigned after the Mickey incident.

Well that's all for Buck lol I got really side tracked looking up Buck's story and why he would be around and I would hope 343 would bring Fillion back for the character he voiced.

singhr1

Remember the Halo 5 multiplayer beta teaser trailer? His voice is in that.

It wasn't him, it was Will Arnett who was the voice of the Beta trailer i'm pretty sure.

Anyways, it you look closely at the right shoulder pad of the Red spartan on Locke's team, he looks to bear the ODST emblem on it. Cant say for certain because of the resolution of this image though.

Anyways, it you look closely at the right shoulder pad of the Red spartan on Locke's team, he looks to bear the ODST emblem on it. Cant say for certain because of the resolution of this image though.
It a new emblem, seems like a special one for #TeamLocke. The grey spartan left to him has the same emblem on his shoulderpad

FordGTGuy

Banned
It wasn't him, it was Will Arnett who was the voice of the Beta trailer i'm pretty sure.

Wouldn't be surprising to see former ODST that are now Spartan IVs rocking the ODST emblem.

I just noticed, is the red member of Locke's squad holding an SMG? Seems like it would be a likely clue towards one of the ODSTs to me. I'm guessing:

Coyote brown armor: Tanaka
Red: Romeo or Macer
Slate / green visor, almost Recon-looking: Buck. It would tie in with his affiliation with Dare and whatnot.

I just noticed, is the red member of Locke's squad holding an SMG? Seems like it would be a likely clue towards one of the ODSTs to me. I'm guessing:

Coyote brown armor: Tanaka
Red: Romeo or Macer
Slate / green visor, almost Recon-looking: Buck. It would tie in with his affiliation with Dare and whatnot.

It looks like there might be a 5th member of the team; check the tile down and to the right of Locke's, it looks like there's another foot there. I'm thinking the roster's going to be:

Locke (duh)
Buck
Romeo
Macer
Tanaka or Dare

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
From Holmes's Twitter

"There is a limited edition console coming, yes. It hasn't been revealed yet, but it's pretty sweet. :)."

Thread worthy?

It looks like there might be a 5th member of the team; check the tile down and to the right of Locke's, it looks like there's another foot there. I'm thinking the roster's going to be:

Locke (duh)
Buck
Romeo
Macer
Tanaka or Dare

I think that's just Locke's foot thanks to foreshortening, otherwise the fifth member would be oddly in the way of Locke in the frame.

Also, I made a (very basic) approximation of the logo we've seen on Locke's fireteam:

hcgQCca.png

Looking at it again, yeah, probably Locke's foot. In that case, strike Tanaka off the list; Macer, Buck, and Romeo are much more likely to be in #TeamLocke than somebody from the comics.

Mix

Hey, just wanted to help clarify, he meant the beta teaser from last years E3. Not the Will Arnett trailer :)

Looking at it again, yeah, probably Locke's foot. In that case, strike Tanaka off the list; Macer, Buck, and Romeo are much more likely to be in #TeamLocke than somebody from the comics.
See, I don't know, Blue team has always only been in the books and comics and they're getting a spotlight of some sort in this game. Tanaka would be interesting but it's really just up in the air at this point.

16BitNova

I just know I'm not going to like the Locke character. Hes an antagonist to the Chief, which is a character very dear to my heart. He better not be getting set up to replace the chief. No one will replace the chief. Master Chief is Halo damnit. Rant done.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
So is the blue team everyone is excited for on locke's side?? Who are the Spartans on chief's side???

We don't know yet, but the speculation on who it could be is about 6 posts above your post. Scroll up and read.

I just know I'm not going to like the Locke character. Hes an antagonist to the Chief, which is a character very dear to my heart. He better not be getting set up to replace the chief. No one will replace the chief. Master Chief is Halo damnit. Rant done.

Hahaha let's wait for the game to see who's opposing who and for what reason.

Way I see it Locke will side with Chief at the end (prediction).

kosmologi

So is the blue team everyone is excited for on locke's side?? Who are the Spartans on chief's side???

Blue Team is the Chief's old team, so they're obviously on his side. Locke has his own team.

In the picture Chief and Blue team are on the left side, under Locke's head. It's confusing.

Top Bottom