• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Guardians: #huntthetruth

I want her to stay dead. Force Chief to bond with fellow meatbags/Blue Team again. Plus the impact of her death means less if they just pull some space magic to bring her back.

And for the love of god, DO NOT go Full Mass Effect and put her in a robot lady suit.

I hope too she stays dead, she had some weird aureola designs in some of her promotional arts in Halo 4

I wouldn't mind her coming back, but not in some stupid space magic kind of way.

Her essence being retained in the Domain or the Ur-Didact or.. something plausible (in the Halo universe) would be a fine reason for Master Chief to go on an adventure.

BlackJet

Haha well "Sully" is a different actor in Hunt the Truth since now he's a "Grown ass man" according to Stinkles :DDD

I thought he was banned?

Anyway it's pretty exciting to see Blue Team finally make an appearance. The books always gush about how amazing they are and it's good that they are getting some attention now.

Mix

I thought he was banned?

Anyway it's pretty exciting to see Blue Team finally make an appearance. The books always gush about how amazing they are and it's good that they are getting some attention now.
He communicates beyond the grave via Twitter

LordOfChaos

What about a Spartan II in a Spartan IV suit? :p

I dunno. I know that a Spartan IV can't wear a SII suit because the SIIs have augumentations on a whole nother level, ceramic bones and such. And I know the suits the IVs wear are made to make up for the lesser augmentations with greater increases in response times etc.

I'm not sure why Spartan IIs haven't gotten the most advanced suits yet then. Maybe just because ONI wants their spartan IVs to be the best, where IIs are more loyal to the UNSC?

Heck, a spartan II in a spartan IV suit probably wouldn't be used to their full potential even though the suit is better, because it isn't taking into account their extra augmentations.

I'm curious if Locke just has a spartan IV suit, or if it's extra special with Spartan-hunting capabilities.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
While accurate, this is a little unfair to the Spartan IVs. They invited the elite of the serving UNSC military to join the program. Combat tested veterans of the covanent war. "normal people" sounds a little weak.

When I think of a Spartan IV I think of Palmer. When I think of a Spartan II I think of my avatar. Even my avatar would destroy Palmer. So yes and am a bit short when it comes to the fairness when it comes to Spartan IVs. Its all Palmers fault.

I dunno. I know that a Spartan IV can't wear a SII suit because the SIIs have augumentations on a whole nother level, ceramic bones and such. And I know the suits the IVs wear are made to make up for the lesser augmentations with greater increases in response times etc.

I'm not sure why Spartan IIs haven't gotten the most advanced suits yet then. Maybe just because ONI wants their spartan IVs to be the best, where IIs are more loyal to the UNSC?

Heck, a spartan II in a spartan IV suit probably wouldn't be used to their full potential even though the suit is better, because it isn't taking into account their extra augmentations.

I'm curious if Locke just has a spartan IV suit, or if it's extra special with Spartan-hunting capabilities.

ONI isn't running the IVs, though. Could just be they prefer the familiar equipment.

VinFTW

What if 343 brings back an invasion like gametype. Hunter vs prey. S2 vs s4

I'm in.

Man, the armor/design/art in this game is so fucking incredible. I haven't been this excited for a Halo campaign since Halo 2.

Everything just seems so bad-ass and epic. Fucking MC and Blue Team vs Locke and "Red" Team.

Hunter vs Prey.

Kreygasm.

SAGggdn.jpg

Mix

Oh man, what if this is the game 343 brings all assets of all Halo games into play? Those Banshees are definitely Halo 3 era, we could see a return of classic elites and H4 elites, as well as jackals, grunts and everything. I am so flipping excited for this game and the next reveal whatever it may be.

xboxnerd

Banned
Oh man, what if this is the game 343 brings all assets of all Halo games into play? Those Banshees are definitely Halo 3 era, we could see a return of classic elites and H4 elites, as well as jackals, grunts and everything. I am so flipping excited for this game and the next reveal whatever it may be.

Wondering how can 343i possibly handle so many assets in a FPS campaign. More like something you expect from a 40-hour-long JRPG.

I dunno how I feel about them putting Blue Team in the games. I could see it feeling incredibly disjointed for people that aren't up on the novels.

I dunno how I feel about them putting Blue Team in the games. I could see it feeling incredibly disjointed for people that aren't up on the novels.

Nah.

Part of the problem with the Didact and the Prometheans and the Geas stuff is that it didn't sufficiently clear the Rule of Cool threshold (for most people) that would have allowed it to be excused. As such, it required a full explanation, which was only really present in the Terminals.

Blue Team I can see easily clearing the threshold, and shouldn't require more than a perfunctory introduction.

Kibbles

Hopefully they explain it well because while I've read Fall of Reach, The Flood, and First Strike, that was over 10 years ago and I've forgotten almost everything.

SpartanN92

Banned

My honest opinion here:

That's their problem. The first book came out almost 14 years ago. They have had time to catch up or at least wiki some of it.

My honest opinion here:

That's their problem. The first book came out almost 14 years ago. They have had time to catch up or at least wiki some of it.

I mentioned it somewhere else.. but I could see it going down as follows:

Locke & Team are in their Condor or whatever, prepping for the mission, Locke will have to explain to all the newbs who and what "Blue Team" is, since they're likely "hunting them". This primer will also be for those people who never read the novels or forgot some of the details.

Basically give the who, what, when, why and where of Blue Team. You don't need tons of info, just that they're as good as the Master Chief, they've done some work, and they're not to be trifled with. Explaining their individual specialties (sniper, speed, etc) could also be done this way as well without being too hamfisted.

rip chrome

My Chrome is dad.

Chief Canuck

Neo Member
Lol all you did was photoshop in the rest of the Halo 5 logo from a different image.

No I didn't...?

Samurai was missing a piece and I used the logo as a guideline when I started placing the pieces when this all started. Back then we just had edges of the logo. Ever new piece I just place it over.

singhr1

No I didn't...?

Samurai was missing a piece and I used the logo as a guideline when I started placing the pieces when this all started. Back then we just had edges of the logo. Ever new piece I just place it over.

Ah, my bad. Didn't see the filled piece on the right. I know you are using it as a guideline, i thought it was just funny because Samurai just posted his image before yours and just glancing at them they looked identical outside of the logo.

Top Bottom