• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Hunt The Truth Season 2 |OT| Glassed Planets Have Bad Records...

WOOOOOOOOAAAAAAHHHHH! I love where they are taking this universe. This and
Saint's Testimony.
I've avoided spoilers for the game, but I think I have an idea where things might be going.

Kalentan

That ending... Holy shit.

WOOOOOOOOAAAAAAHHHHH! I love where they are taking this universe. This and Saint's Testimony. I've avoided spoilers for the game, but I think I have an idea where things might be going.

Yup, Frankie's comments about Saint's Testimony being important is starting to make more sense now.

OH MY!!!!!!

listening to it now!!!!..... developing*

HOLY SHIT!! FERO is now going to become an AI! .. WAAAAAAATTT!!!!!!! HALO 6 about to be crazy? MAYBE?

DAYUMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somnia

HOLY HELL

What an ending with a crazy twist. Seriously Frankie and company this series has been the best thing in the Halo universe in ages. You guys seriously need to make a Stealth/Spy spin off within the universe.

Whoever was in charge of writing these 2 seasons need to take control of the games. Now don't get me wrong I love every campaign of Halo and am hyped for 5, but these audio shows were on another level. You guys really knocked it out of the ballpark.

Fantastic!

What an ending.. so good, so unexpected.. mmhmm.

I officially petition for a new Halo game..

Mix #HUNTtheTRUTH + ODST +
The Gamma SIII's
== Amazeballs!

Daemul

OH MY!!!!!!

listening to it now!!!!..... developing*

HOLY SHIT!! FERO is now going to become an AI! .. WAAAAAAATTT!!!!!!! HALO 6 about to be crazy? MAYBE?

DAYUMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I clearly haven't been paying attention to the Halo story lore, because I never knew that it was even possible to turn someone into an AI/machine. I mean, I've seen it done in other Sci-fi works, but this is the first time I've seen it in Halo, but again, I've not been paying much attention.

Kalentan

I clearly haven't been paying attention to the Halo lore, because I never knew that it was even possible to turn someone into an AI. I mean, I've seen it done in other Sci-fi works, but this is the first time I've seen it in Halo, but again, I've not been paying much attention.

Smart AI's are made that way. Black Box himself was made with a dead scientists brain and Cortana was made using a cloned brain of Halsey's. This is why when she started to go Rampant in Halo 4 that she suddenly mouth off somethings that Halsey herself said.

I clearly haven't been paying attention to the Halo story lore, because I never knew that it was even possible to turn someone into an AI/machine. I mean, I've seen it done in other Sci-fi works, but this is the first time I've seen it in Halo, but again, I've not been paying much attention.

That's how all smart AIs work, they're built off a detailed scan of a person's brain. The process destroys the brain in question, though, which is why the Cortana/Halsey relationship is so odd. They're never exactly like the person they were based on, though, so saying that Maya/FERO is going to "turn into" an AI is probably a stretch.

Daemul

Smart AI's are made that way. Black Box himself and Cortana was made using a cloned brain of Halsey's. This is why when she started to go Rampant in Halo 4 that she suddenly mouth off somethings that Halsey herself said.

That's how all smart AIs work, they're built off a detailed scan of a person's brain. The process destroys the brain in question, though, which is why the Cortana/Halsey relationship is so odd. They're never exactly like the person they were based on, though, so saying that Maya/FERO is going to "turn into" an AI is probably a stretch.

Yep, I haven't been paying attention. I'm gonna read up on the Lore and replay all the games to fix my massive gaps in knowledge.

I love this sort of shit in Sci fi, not just for the science and tech behind it but for the philosophical discussions it invokes.

Yup,
All AI are usually cloned from the brains of dead people, Cortana is the single exception I believe, which is why she thinks it's possible to save her from rampancy in Halo 4, if they could have found halsey in time they could have used a new sample of tissue or something to that end.

Tagging this just in case. Okay, now that came out of nowhere! FERO's gonna be an AI? Probably have to be altered if ONI still want to use her, her conscience (is that what BB questioned?) sounded more FERO than Maya. Also, events of October 28th, doesn't one of the Halo 5 missions take place then? I really hope HtT ties into Halo 5's campaign.

Overall, another great season, I honestly think this sort of format has a long lasting place in the Halo universe.

arhra

Remember back in season one, when Fero first showed up and
everyone was speculating about who/what she was, and one theory was that she was an ONI AI?

Welp.

everyone was speculating about who/what she was, and one theory was that she was an ONI AI?

Welp.

Full circle!

So good, so good. Listened to it again (brought headphones to work today!).. so great.

This + Saint's Testimony are just awesome. Can't wait to see if/how Halo 5 ties into this
Cortana!

Kalentan

Welp.

Well...

I mean NOW she is. But she wasn't obviously when she was doing all of this stuff.

Why does it have to finish? :(

Also to echo what a few others have said, either bring the writers of HtT in house or hire them for every bit of media/entertainment 343 are going to produce.

Drama, suspense, thrills, chills - fuck, it even had me laughing out loud a good few times.

Ive recommended this to everyone I know whether they're a Halo fan, a gamer or neither and everyone has got back to me saying the same thing - they want more :)

Full circle!

So good, so good. Listened to it again (brought headphones to work today!).. so great.

This + Saint's Testimony are just awesome. Can't wait to see if/how Halo 5 ties into this
Cortana!

Seems like more of a Halo 6 set up/tie-in than Halo 5. I wouldn't expect much there as Hunt the Truth season 1 wasn't anticipated as being as popular as it ended up being. So little time to integrate it fully.

Would be crazy if this new trancedence she was exposed to had her become a different AI due to the anomolies not caught by ONI.

So then it wouldn't be a stretch ? ;) maybe? am i crazy!?

Also to echo what a few others have said, either bring the writers of HtT in house or hire them for every bit of media/entertainment 343 are going to produce.

Yep, whilst I'm hoping Halo 5's narrative will be a step up, I think we'd have heard by now if it was anything close to Hunt the Truth's storytelling.

Rekubot

It's already over? :(

What fantastic storytelling, if there's a better podcast out there I haven't heard it. Anybody got any recommendations similar to this?

Glass

I'm guessing we won't see anything from S2 directly in 5's campaign since it was written way after the campaign was set in stone, but it still has me hyped. Looking forward to finally seeing these guardians wake up, hope mass panic ensues just like in HTT.

I'm guessing we won't see anything from S2 directly in 5's campaign since it was written way after the campaign was set in stone, but it still has me hyped. Looking forward to finally seeing these guardians wake up, hope mass panic ensues just like in HTT.

I think Frankie said one person/thing would be in Halo 5.. but not in a featured capacity.

Hope that wasn't the Guardians ;)

Somnia

Looking at Somnia's avatar while reading this.
Now I want a Final Fantasy VI podcast.

:)

One of my favorite games of all time, I've sported this avatar for ages. I think I've changed it to have an Iwata banner once and ran a Vincent Valentine for a little bit, but otherwise mainly this.

BokehKing

Banned
While season 2 was ok, it was no where near the first season that got me to go out and buy an Xbox 1 and pick up MCC

it was good, but God damn season 1 is untouchable
(Especially since I never read fall of reach)

Arjac

While season 2 was ok, it was no where near the first season that got me to go out and buy an Xbox 1 and pick up MCC

it was good, but God damn season 1 is untouchable
(Especially since I never read fall of reach)

2nd this
the fact that this appears to have no impact on the campaign, and spoiled events there render this largely irrevelent, certainly don't help

While neither season ended up really having a direct impact on Halo 5 (from what I can tell), I did feel that these seasons really fleshed out the background.. and maybe made Halo lore more digestible by people at large.

Somnia

I don't think it had to directly impact Halo 5, this is just more Halo lore. It's showing more of the universe and what is happening within the world beyond just Chief or others.

thenexus6

Just finished really cool ending. Overall season two was decent but season one was incredible.

Hope this continues, one of the coolest marketing / projects for a game ever

Damn that was an amazing ending. I feel like 343i hit this particular series right out of the park. They should seriously be looking into making this a standard form of storytelling for the Halo Universe going forward, hell maybe even going the extra mile and getting a bunch of different actors for the audiobooks of the novels.

Grisby

Neat ending. Overall it's been a really fun ride and the writers should be proud.
Season 1 was way better than Season 2.
Yep. Feel like everything was a step above in the first season. Although the meeting between
Ben and Maya
was really well done.

krang

Well that was a pretty decent ending.

I preferred season 1's narrative, but I really enjoyed seeing (hearing) the awesome, varied locales in season 2. Especially the Kig-Yar pirate ship.

Season 1 was close too 300 minutes wasn't it? I think season 2 was only around 120.. and a lot less episodes, due to the game release constrains.

The slow burn! start to season 1 really helped add weight to the 2nd half when things got crazy.

Want to see where they go next with no restrictions!

Grazzt

Finished 12 missions in Halo 5 then listened this final episode.
HOLY SHIT
MAYA becomes a smart AI?!

And I can confirm there is very little connection with the plot of halo 5...Which is quite disappointing. Story wise, I think Hunt the Truth > Halo 5.

Top Bottom