• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Wreckage is the only theme in the menu being used from Halo 4, then I think that's okay. It's actually the one I like and it fits the slower paced, peaceful themed the menus used to have. I wasn't a fan of the louder menus in Reach and especially the War Games variant of To Galaxy, which was bordering on annoying. Hopefully none of the unnecessary ambiance makes it in either.

I've just seen a leacked behind the doors demo.

The Blur cutscenes, holy shit. I thought Cortana's face was real. Sgt.Johnson and Lord Hood look awesome, nice to see them with realistic mouth movements.

Madness

Thread reminds me how criminal it was to not have the Halo theme used prominently in Halo 4. I really hope it makes a return in Halo 5.

Same, just powering it up, hearing that tribal wailing and realizing no monks made me go flaccid. Then they even took the monks out of the Waypoint app when it was updated for Halo 4. Don't think they realized just what a nostalgia factor the music is or how attached a lot of fans are.

Frankie, will we able to play the original Halo 2 cutscenes with the anniversary upgrades like Halo CEA?
Or are we limited to the original cutscenes and the Blur version.

Nirvana

FyreWulff's Halo 2 Bug Checklist and/or How To Be a Jerk In Halo 2

one incoming for halo 3 as well. It'll look nicer in a few minutes for people that are viewing it fullscreen

Missed the superbounce on Headlong, which allows you to get onto the top of the building near the crane, and with a double superbounce, onto the crane itself.

Also I'm fairly sure that if you put too many vehicles onto the large hanging platform from the crane you could glitch the lift and either send them flying, exploding around the map or possibly even make the lift disappear (I think).

You could also vehicle bounce people with the wraith onto the crane. Overall, it doesn't just need a Banshee ceiling, it needs a solid ceiling for players as well.

You vaguely talked about Turf, but more specifically, you could superbounce of the little UNSC outpost out of the map, and also onto the scarab.

Sword cancelling/sword flying/butterfly jumping are likely things they will take out (not sure if they were all patched out by the end.

Terminal also had a superbounce from the garage which allowed you to get out of the map, so that needs invisible walls as well.

Fairly sure you could scale the walls of Colossus and get into high advantageous positions - either with superbouncing or just grenade jumping, can't remember. Certain areas would likely need to be looked at on that map so this couldn't be done.

The location you point to on Burial Mounds which needed a vehicle launch could also be superbounced to, and also had a further glitch which allowed you to walk through the invisible wall by following a specific path along it - allowing you to walk around the entire circumference of the map.

On Zanzibar you could also get out onto the cliffs from the tower which lead to the bridge to get into the base. You could get out of the map entirely from that point.

Everything else is basically covered though, and the solutions proposed in your guide would cover most of these as well.

It would be great for this stuff to be left in customs, but I doubt two builds of the game will be possible with the workload 343 has.

Onikaan

I've just seen a leacked behind the doors demo.

The Blur cutscenes, holy shit. I thought Cortana's face was real. Sgt.Johnson and Lord Hood look awesome, nice to see them with realistic mouth movements.

Is it Halo 4 Cortana or Halo 2 Cortana in the new CGI scenes?

Looked way more like the Halo 2 version., just very realistic.

I've just realized someones posted the video on the page before this one

Buwx

I love how impossible it is to get a good glimpse of the elites in all these videos. Lol. That cgi trailer was amazing, my god, the animations were so smooth and beautiful. I just wish I could've gotten a good look at Thel.

Edit: I have actual, good screenshots of the remastered H2A multiplayer elites, and they look really good. I can't imagine why they wouldn't just use those models. I'll post them soon, if anyone's interested.

Red

Missed the superbounce on Headlong, which allows you to get onto the top of the building near the crane, and with a double superbounce, onto the crane itself.

Also I'm fairly sure that if you put too many vehicles onto the large hanging platform from the crane you could glitch the lift and either send them flying, exploding around the map or possibly even make the lift disappear (I think).

You could also vehicle bounce people with the wraith onto the crane. Overall, it doesn't just need a Banshee ceiling, it needs a solid ceiling for players as well.

You vaguely talked about Turf, but more specifically, you could superbounce of the little UNSC outpost out of the map, and also onto the scarab.

Sword cancelling/sword flying/butterfly jumping are likely things they will take out (not sure if they were all patched out by the end.

Terminal also had a superbounce from the garage which allowed you to get out of the map, so that needs invisible walls as well.

Fairly sure you could scale the walls of Colossus and get into high advantageous positions - either with superbouncing or just grenade jumping, can't remember. Certain areas would likely need to be looked at on that map so this couldn't be done.

The location you point to on Burial Mounds which needed a vehicle launch could also be superbounced to, and also had a further glitch which allowed you to walk through the invisible wall by following a specific path along it - allowing you to walk around the entire circumference of the map.

On Zanzibar you could also get out onto the cliffs from the tower which lead to the bridge to get into the base. You could get out of the map entirely from that point.

Everything else is basically covered though, and the solutions proposed in your guide would cover most of these as well.

It would be great for this stuff to be left in customs, but I doubt two builds of the game will be possible with the workload 343 has.
I like all the bugs in a quaint humorous kind of way, but exploits that allow griefing (leaving map with or hiding objectives) pose a serious threat to competitive play. How can you really curb those behaviors in an online community?

Some of the bugs are unique in that they build an environment around themselves and become adopted as part of standard gameplay. But stuff like throwing a flag out of the accessible ground of a map is useless bullshit. I don't see the benefit of allowing that, and when 343 says the game will play as originally shipped, I'm left wondering how completely they mean that.

Will Halo CEA, 3 and 4 only be 1080/60 or will they have other things added like better AA and the like. Because especially Halo 3 had a lot of Aliasing and it should be just a matter of pure processing power to fix that.

Visited Bungie.net for the first time in years... dug up these gems from my 'saved files'.

Can't believe it's been 5 years now since I took these screenshots! Can't wait to get back into Halo 3 (and finally play Halo 2) with the MCC.

Ahh, memories.

That blue armor in screenshot three. That's the exact armor I wore for a while, with the same emblem!

Bsigg12

Will Halo CEA, 3 and 4 only be 1080/60 or will they have other things added like better AA and the like. Because especially Halo 3 had a lot of Aliasing and it should be just a matter of pure processing power to fix that.

All will be 1080/60. CEA and 4 will benefit from updated shadows/lighting and some other things while 3 sounds like a straight port. I'm assuming they'll touch up the aliasing on each as well. Frankie said for 1 and 2 they took parts from the PC version and the Xbox version to make the best versionversion so that should be interesting.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Shorter load times between levels means harder single segment speedruns. No time to rest, gotta go fast!

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
so how did i do on my Halo 4 gun sync guys :) would love some feedback https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQtxVyLTpx4

We still have a while till the collection comes out :( Frankie can you release it early like August please lol, this year is gonna be a long wait guys but it's worth it. but hey halo 1-4 and 1080p 60fps and dedicate servers just for $60 you can't beat that price.

The Flash

Banned
so how did i do on my Halo 4 gun sync guys :) would love some feedback https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQtxVyLTpx4

d5KYZZo.gif

Cap from the video (so spoilers I guess)

http://i.imgur.com/N5PN7Cn.png

New Mombasa is going to look amazing. I imagine Sabre will be taking inspiration from ODST since it followed after Halo 2, so it'll almost feel like an HD version of ODST. This shot is straight out of New Mombasa concept art.

Can't wait.

Bsigg12

There was a loadtime when they started Halo 2 campaign. But it wasn't the classic blue screen with the humming, it was generic loading screen that looked like one from COD multiplayer

Yea, noticed that. I was more referring to some of the crazy long load times in Halo 2/3. Sometimes launching into games in either game took forever.

A CG movie version of Fall of Reach please.

It better be the first edition of the book before they re-released it and changed some things so it would make sense with the game. That book was great.

Nori Chan

I wan to preorder at best buy, but I also want to get the collectors edition, so i'm holding off...Unless frankie wants to tell us there we should wait for the CE :)

FyreWulff's Halo 2 Bug Checklist and/or How To Be a Jerk In Halo 2

one incoming for halo 3 as well. It'll look nicer in a few minutes for people that are viewing it fullscreen

Most of that I'm okay with if they fixed but things like hiding under Ascension are fun! I don't like Oddball when it's just someone running around. The hiding is the best part! And it makes the world feel more alive when there are little areas like that and when things like that are fixed it's why I never, ever enjoy "remakes' as much as the originals.

StillEdge

I got treated to a behind closed doors demo of Halo 2 and as I was leaving I asked the guy playing if they are going to add the golden warthog all he said was "you are the second person to ask that" haha :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom