• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
d5KYZZo.gif

thank you :)

Pretty interesting man

I'm glad you enjoyed it :D

Now that i have dual wielding in halo 2 with the updated graphics D: ohh man i can't wait for this.

Defect

I get that Halo 4 has problems but next to ODST, 4 is one of the best soundtracks in the series.
In the series? I can't remember how any of the songs sound like. There was that Epilogue song from Halo 2 but it was somehow worse than the original.

Let's not even talk about that shitty main menu wailing.

Madness

A big problem is, you can't really say the music was great, based off of the fact you listened to the OST outside the game. I mean sure Davidge and later Jinnouchi music is great when you've got headphones on or are pumping it from your sound system.

But how can you say the music was great in game? At times it was barely audible, other times it was much too loud. Additionally, most of the time, it didn't even fit with what was happening on screen or what I was doing. It went completely unnoticed by me and if you played almost any music back to me after it was done, I couldn't tell you where it was used, what was happening.

The tribal wailing is horrendous on the menu, but that aside, one of the best things ahoys Marty with Bungie is that he knew exactly what was happening on screen, or knew what the devs wanted to do and did his music around that. Listen to the music during the Halo 3 final warthog run, pace picks up as the timer starts running out, as it gets more tense etc. You could play certain parts of the Reach soundtrack even, or ODST and I could probably remember what was happening. That's the familiarity, the nostalgia, the hype in a sense. It's why you darken the room and the monks come on and everyone knows it's Halo.

A big problem is, you can't really say the music was great, based off of the fact you listened to the OST outside the game. I mean sure Davidge and later Jinnouchi music is great when you've got headphones on or are pumping it from your sound system.

But how can you say the music was great in game? At times it was barely audible, other times it was much too loud. Additionally, most of the time, it didn't even fit with what was happening on screen or what I was doing. It went completely unnoticed by me and if you played almost any music back to me after it was done, I couldn't tell you where it was used, what was happening.

The tribal wailing is horrendous on the menu, but that aside, one of the best things ahoys Marty with Bungie is that he knew exactly what was happening on screen, or knew what the devs wanted to do and did his music around that. Listen to the music during the Halo 3 final warthog run, pace picks up as the timer starts running out, as it gets more tense etc. You could play certain parts of the Reach soundtrack even, or ODST and I could probably remember what was happening. That's the familiarity, the nostalgia, the hype in a sense. It's why you darken the room and the monks come on and everyone knows it's Halo.
That's part of my problem too, the music is fine on its own but it doesn't sound like music written FOR the game, it just sounds like music that was put into the game.

Wolf Spartan

Neo Member
What about PC vehicles
I'm referring to the rocket warthogs on PC
will we be seeing them in this collection?

I'd like to see it, i think it's well balanced

What about PC vehicles

I've asked that many times directly to Stinkles (including the mp banshee and fuel rod) when he is around answering questions, and not yet gotten an answer. Perhaps it's still undecided.

I watched Frank say it live on IGN - no PC maps. Unless he changed his mind in the last couple days?

The multiplayer will definitely include PC maps, Frankie has confirmed it multiple times here. Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong video, but I thought that in that very IGN video he confirmed it. Minus two maps, supposedly. No to Infinity, and no to one more he didn't specify.

Though another Microsoft spokesperson said all the PC maps were in.

What about PC vehicles

There's also the question of whether the Fuel Rod Cannon and Flamethrower will appear in PC maps where those weapons normally spawned.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The multiplayer will definitely include PC maps, Frankie has confirmed it multiple times here. Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong video, but I thought that in that very IGN video he confirmed it. Minus two maps, supposedly. No to Infinity, and no to one more he didn't specify.

Though another Microsoft spokesperson said all the PC maps were in.

Originally there was no infinity (HaloCE) and no tombstone/desolation (Halo2)

Frankie has since said all maps will make it... and there was a waypoint news article stating the reversal of at least tombstone and desolation

ZaneZavin

Neo Member
It's gonna be a maptacular ya'll.

Any word on how those preorder skulls will work? For all campaigns? Will they be unlockable otherwise?

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I'm banking on this. It would make it easier on my wallet. Maybe even a custom Xbox, I'd love that.

Custom Xbox for Halo collection? Nah that is not happening. White Xbox for Sunset Overdrive is a possibility and Halo 5 edition console next year is inevitable.

Mumford

Custom Xbox for Halo collection? Nah that is not happening. White Xbox for Sunset Overdrive is a possibility and Halo 5 edition console next year is inevitable.
Why not? There was supposedly a custom TFall Xbone in the works. If they were to make a custom box for anything, it'd be Halo imo.

Originally there was no infinity (HaloCE) and no tombstone/desolation (Halo2)

Frankie has since said all maps will make it... and there was a waypoint news article stating the reversal of at least tombstone and desolation

Where is the tombstone/desolation confirmation? Could you link me?

Th article on Waypoint that someone linked me to makes no mention of them, so I am confused.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Probably been asked, but are there any more details about the difference of reg. H2 and H2A's "modern take on Halo 2" gameplay?

Desolation and Tombstone are in.

Oh, well thanks for the confirmation. That works a lot better than scouring google like I have been, with no luck.

But I'm actually more concerned with the Halo 1 PC maps and mp banshee/fuel rod. I was looking for the tombstone/desolation article because they mentioned it said something about H1, too.
Can you say anything about that? Been looking for those answers for a while.

Havoc2049

If he's getting out gunned, he better learn to do those or at least get better. Not have a safety net in his back pocket!

Come on guys, stop giving me a hard time! ;-p It had been since 2009 since I played Halo 3, but I got back into the swing of things and got better after a few matches! I got some skillz and have played me some Halo over the years.

The top of my video game entertainment center. I also have Halo CE (PC) and Halo 2 Vista, but they are with my computer games. I'm ready for the MC Collection!
WP_20140613_005_zpsc8d45112.jpg

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Why not? There was supposedly a custom TFall Xbone in the works. If they were to make a custom box for anything, it'd be Halo imo.

Yeah I agree but this is not a new Halo. They are all old games, and they already had special edition for all those games individually. Do I want one? hell yes. But realistically they are not going to do it. That's why I said, its inevitable for Halo 5.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Probably been asked, but are there any more details about the difference of reg. H2 and H2A's "modern take on Halo 2" gameplay?

It's still in development but we'll have more to say in the months leading up to launch. The E3 stage demo of Ascension shows a good amount.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
It's still in development but we'll have more to say in the months leading up to launch. The E3 stage demo of Ascension shows a good amount.

Can you play classic gameplay on anniversary maps? Are the classic versions of the anniversary maps included too?

I know how some of you feel negatively about two of these games (and one of the characters), but would you buy a Halo: The Other Guys Collection based on four heroes?:

The Rookie: Halo 3: ODST
Noble Six: Halo Reach
Sergeant Forge: Halo Wars
Spartan Palmer: Halo: Spartan Assault

Only Eggheads wouldn't buy it!

Booshka

Come on guys, stop giving me a hard time! ;-p It had been since 2009 since I played Halo 3, but I got back into the swing of things and got better after a few matches! I got some skillz and have played me some Halo over the years.

The top of my video game entertainment center. I also have Halo CE (PC) and Halo 2 Vista, but they are with my computer games. I'm ready for the MC Collection!
WP_20140613_005_zpsc8d45112.jpg

That Zune though, that's some real Microsoft Fandom.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Can you play classic gameplay on anniversary maps? Are the classic versions of the anniversary maps included too?

They're completely different engines so no to the first question. The classic versions are in there of course, in the Halo 2 engine.

They're completely different engines so no to the first question. The classic versions are in there of course, in the Halo 2 engine.

Are all Halo 1 PC maps in? Or are there still a couple left out? And are the PC exlusive vehicles/weapons in?

"No I cant talk about it" is an acceptable answer, as is "Dont know, not final yet." Anything. The silence is killing me slowly.

Mumford

Yeah I agree but this is not a new Halo. They are all old games, and they already had special edition for all those games individually. Do I want one? hell yes. But realistically they are not going to do it. That's why I said, its inevitable for Halo 5.
I feel like they're basically going to advertise it as the ultimate Halo package though. They could have just made Halo 2 Anniversary & called it a day but instead they went all out & ported everything. I'm sure they want as many people to own the MCC by Xmas so they can experience the H5 beta & ultimately get excited about H5:G. I truly think a Halo console would help that, & I definitely think that it's realistic.
With how crazy MS went with their custom 360's, I definitely think that MCC would be worthy of one, more so than SO.

E92 M3

Do you guys still wonder why Frankie denied the existence of this game in the last minute? I'm guessing to offer a bigger surprise for E3 - but we've been discussing this for months now. He only denied for the first time it in the thread about Major Nelson posting a picture of Halo 2 on the Surface. For some reason that is still on my mind lol.

It's here

I'm probably just tired and thinking too much.

RoKKeR

What if they make a $399 bundle with the game for launch? =D

Microsoft would be stupid not to do this, I honestly do think it would move a serious amount of units this holiday season.

Right now there isn't enough incentive behind the $399 price point w/out Kinect... Halo bundled in would provide one hell of an incentive.

rokkerkory

Microsoft would be stupid not to do this, I honestly do think it would move a serious amount of units this holiday season.

Right now there isn't enough incentive behind the $399 price point w/out Kinect... Halo bundled in would provide one hell of an incentive.

I would be in for one for sure. Even if $430 or something.

RoKKeR

I would be in for one for sure. Even if $430 or something.

Or do what they are doing with Destiny on the Playstation side of things. White console + 2 controllers + Halo: MCC = $450.

Hope MS doesn't drop the ball on capitalizing on the hype surrounding Halo, because Sony is doing that perfectly with Destiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom