• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll fuk u up bruv

tsTMlDr.jpg

Just when I think to myself "no way can this thing get any creepier," there it is.

so are these nightmare grunts real things? did 343 make the originals look like that?

Yeah, hat and everything.

jem0208

My other idea for BTB mode:

I was kinda thinking having two large cruiser ships, i.e: Forward unto Dawn size. Each ship acts as one team's base and the only way to transfer across is via Pelicans/Phantoms, Banshee's, Hornet's etc.

You could have multiple objectives such as destroying generators to take down AA guns, turn off shields etc. with the final goal being getting to the mainframe/core of the enemy ship and blowing it up.

I want this so bad.

My other idea for BTB mode:

I was kinda thinking having two large cruiser ships, i.e: Forward unto Dawn size. Each ship acts as one team's base and the only way to transfer across is via Pelicans/Phantoms, Banshee's, Hornet's etc.

You could have multiple objectives such as destroying generators to take down AA guns, turn off shields etc. with the final goal being getting to the mainframe/core of the enemy ship and blowing it up.

I want this so bad.

Hello Kitty Forward unto Dawn DLC.

Play some old Star Wars dog fighting games brehhhhh

Mother-of-God-GIF_1.gif

CliQ

Everyone needs to shutup about everything and just exclusively harp about the lack of a shiny silver pistol.

Sh** pisses me off.

Not tthat I don't agree but I think weapon customization will be in the game and I bet you can have a silver pistol.

If DLC maps will be free then they will probably have skins and stuff for guns and Spartans as the paid dlc. I'm ok with that as long as it doesn't give the player any kind of power. Also, isn't the assault rifle that chief is using green? Could be a hint.

This is slightly concerning

I don't know the specifics of scale

But you're not gonna publicly test a new big scale game mode incorporating all of the Halo sandbox like never before?

In the wake of BF4 and MCC, are you sure that's a good idea?

And my worries are not relegated to netcode and performance, but also map design and balance

But you're not gonna publicly test a new big scale game mode incorporating all of the Halo sandbox like never before?

And my worries are not relegated to netcode and performance, but also map design and balance

A lot of patches incoming if they wont test that in the public world.

Let's see what it actually is though, it might not be as a big a change as people are hyping it (and themselves) up to be.

Overdoziz

Banned

There is no BTB extravagance, it's just 4v4 with bots added and AI warthogs fighting each other in the background. It was all a ruse.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

"It performed fine in our testing environment. We couldn't predict the issues that would appear in the retail environment."

as we saw with the MCC, they can always just apologize and keep patching it months later

Not tthat I don't agree but I think weapon customization will be in the game and I bet you can have a silver pistol.

If DLC maps will be free then they will probably have skins and stuff for guns and Spartans as the paid dlc. I'm ok with that as long as it doesn't give the player any kind of power. Also, isn't the assault rifle that chief is using green? Could be a hint.

My tone was sarcastic, I hope you know. Although I'm serious about dat shiny.

Good point about the customization =)

yup. I think this will be a desaster.

I know there are closed betas going on and stuff, but these are most of the time just connection tests and server crash tests.

https://youtu.be/BHqgHFcmAOc

IHaveIce

Banned

I know there are closed betas going on and stuff, but these are most of the time just connection tests and server crash tests.

VinFTW

They could just hire one of those large scale private testing companies.

I'm more concerned the effort being put into this new mode will make it so there's no resources left for Firefight or Spartan Ops 2.0.

I don't think we'll be getting any co-op mode besides campaign this time around. No mention at all about it.

nillapuddin

Stress tests will continue I'm sure, ppl need to stop being leaky assholes though

I imagine once its unveiled even this new crazy BTB mode will be subject to private testing online. But like Ice said, its mostly just making sure connections, groups, parties, etc actually work.

Balance, well, we just have to leave that up to the internal testing team I guess

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yall, you know you can post more than once per page. No need to edit your post to respond to a post below yours.

We are not announcing any beta, period. Any further beta tests will be closed.
Welp, that's one pipe dream I can throw in the reject pile.

Balance, well, we just have to leave that up to the internal testing team I guess
I just hope they make high demand changes as quickly as possible. The early weeks / months of Halo multiplayer releases are always rough.

daedalius

I think there's a decent chance that one will get announce tomorrow, but it won't begin tomorrow.

That'd be awesome.

Yes please. I'd prefer a 2D HD hand drawn Zero Mission sequel, but I'll take a 3D one, too. No 2.5D or Other M shit tho.

I'd be totally fine with a new 2d metroid as well.

But I personally like the prime games a bit better.

Check PMs

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Crossposting.

Hunt the Truth has been the most gripping, exciting and compelling Halo project that's ever been produced.

The folks that have put in the long hard hours to bring us it each week should be really proud of themselves and their work.

If you are a Halo fan in any way, you owe it to yourself to check it out.

jem0208

Is this the finale?
Yup.
Crossposting.
Hunt the Truth has been the most gripping, exciting and compelling Halo project that's ever been produced.

The folks that have put in the long hard hours to bring us it each week should be really proud of themselves and their work.

If you are a Halo fan in any way, you owe it to yourself to check it out.

Seriously. One thousand times this.

Even if you don't think you'd enjoy the audio series style of story telling I implore you to check it out. Easily the most entertaining story I think Halo has ever told.
The last episode of Hunt the Truth has my mind boggled.
Its gotta keep going on, right?

Season 2 incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom