• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louis Wu

Nano-machines, in the context of Halo (regretfully introduced at all), don't replace entire armour hardware. They do field repairs and emergency sealing and whatnot.

Halo 4 Chief looks like he's stepped out of a armour factory with the latest tech, put some dents in it to give it a beat up look and popped back into the cyro pod when we weren't looking.

After Reach, there is no excuse for poor canon continuity, especially with the hard working creative talent they have on the game and franchise.
Heh.

I'm fine with leaving campaign dark, maybe small trailer before release.

I would be more than fine with that.

I have a few questions in regards to the new CTF.

What happens if you have the two primary weapons loadout? No pistol?

In regards to the above, what happens if you drop the flag, are you magically stuck with the pistol as a secondary?

Is the flag still a one hit kill?

The Flag is on the left hand I see, in that case what purpose does the left trigger play? The ability to drop the flag?

If the flag can be used as a weapon, then we have in a sense, dual wielding, can we shoot shoot and melee at the same time?

Is the flag carrier able to sprint?

So many questions, I do hope, like everyone else an MP BTS is in the works.

Just booked the hotel for PAX. I'll be staying at the Holiday Inn near the airport Friday and Saturday night.
How is the Holiday Inn? I have not decided yet which hotel I should book. I definitely do not want to be the only HaloGAFfer in a hotel again. Too hard for me to meet up with the most.

Hyper sent me some in the epic shipment of sweets last year that were interesting. The cookie part was not very sweet, and kind of fluffy, which served as a backdrop to some very strong dark chocolate one side was dipped in. A bit like one of the Pepperidge Farms cookies but less sweet and with actual good chocolate. Really good stuff.
If you want something, I could take it with me and give it to you at PAX Prime. Just say so.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

The armor evolves and grows much like its human counterpart. It's a reflection of the state of its user. John is sleeping and vulnerable so the suit adapted and now is able to protect him more. I thought you read all the books?

The armor evolves and grows much like its human counterpart. It's a reflection of the state of its user. John is sleeping and vulnerable so the suit adapted and now is able to protect him more. I thought you read all the books?
Reading that this came to mind
2027153-pghole.jpg

But at the end I do not care if 343i gives me a detailed explanation in the game, on the website or in the book. But it has to be mentioned in the game in a line like "Chief during your time in cyro, I adjust your armor with the help of nanomachines."

And about Cortana look? She is an AI. Maybe she tried to hide her age with the new look and reprogrammed it. But look above. It needs to be said in the game by the Chief that she looks different.

We are two different people. I am not like who focus much more on the canon, who wants a clear line, a clear direction.

Nah se looks more solid now and more humanized instead of an hologram AI, that was intencional maybe for fanservice and the new radical Grunt redesign that they looks more like a crabs now

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
How is the Holiday Inn? I have not decided yet which hotel I should book. I definitely do not want to be the only HaloGAFfer in a hotel again. Too hard for me to meet up with the most.

If you want something, I could take it with me and give it to you at PAX Prime. Just say so.

Iike any airport hotel. Holiday Inns in the states aren't as varied as in Germany, but they're fine. It's close to a restaurant called 13 Coins which is this weird old school diner in an office building that is actually remarkably good.

I cannot accept the hoodie with nothing in return. A candy package like I sent to GhaleonEB a year ago should be appropriate. Or more candy? Candy overload?

They're trying to get shredded, send em some almonds and cottage cheese.

In this video the guy using protein vision views his opponent and as he throws the grenade a waypoint indicator appears above it. Is this just for PV or universal? Starting to look like UI overload at points in this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqeQgJfRanA&feature=player_detailpage#t=128s

Tawpgun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmKjTC8yDFM

They're trying to get shredded, send em some almonds and cottage cheese.

In this video the guy using protein vision views his opponent and as he throws the grenade a waypoint indicator appears above it. Is this just for PV or universal? Starting to look like UI overload at points in this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqeQgJfRanA&feature=player_detailpage#t=128s
Thing thats terrible here is thats Adam Kovic AKA The Dead Pixel AKA the guy who took over Inside Halo after man-god SodaGoD left. You'd think he know his stuff. It's excruciating watching people do this.

GhaleonEB

It's fine, and decently priced ($107 for the double queen bed room I booked). The location is good because you can just hop on the interstate and be at PAX in 15-20 minutes.

Is anyone arriving Thursday night? If Thursday night shenanigans are going down I can come up a day early to join the festivities.

It's fine, and decently priced ($107 for the double queen bed room I booked). The location is good because you can just hop on the interstate and be at PAX in 15-20 minutes.

Is anyone arriving Thursday night? If Thursday night shenanigans are going down I can come up a day early to join the festivities.
I'll arrive Thursday afternoon. So I am in if something is planned at that day. On the other hand it is just less than 50 days, we should plan the HaloGAF meet-up.

Xater

Comic Con is over for Halo this year, most of us are getting on planes to go back today. We have seven weeks to finish the game and get it to certification. We will definitely follow up on the comic con reveals with some details, and maybe I can convince David to make some animated gifs, but for now we must head North and start typing computer programs in earnest. Don't forget to listen to the two latest podcasts.

PLEEEEEEEEAAAAASE tell people like me if the international versions of the game will be multilingual asap. :)

The German localization of Halo games so far has been abysmal.

At 2.05, in this video, the frag grenade explosion pushes the plasma grenade away, it thought it was extremely cool.

Does this happen in any other Halo game? It's something I've never noticed before.

I dont think it happens in Reach but it happens in all other Halo games as far as I remember, I have seen a few clips where a nade like gets bounced by another nade and sticks someone, I remember people going out of theyre way to pull it off in H2 lol. Glad to see the physics are coming back.

Nando13

PLEEEEEEEEAAAAASE tell people like me if the international versions of the game will be multilingual asap. :)

The German localization of Halo games so far has been abysmal.

Like in other Halo games, if you change your location then only multiplayer voices change. Campaign keep the same.

Woorloog

Banned
Sounds about right to me.

7 weeks is just about two months... Never heard of a game being gold for two months. Or does certification take about one month?

EDIT
2 months for certifications + manufacturing + shipping. Seems right?

Two months for certifcation? Hmm.
What does certification actually entail? Making sure the game works on different Xboxes, localizations, XBL compatibility?

Xater

Like in other Halo games, if you change your location then only multiplayer voices change. Campaign keep the same.

First of all that's wrong for the MP and second Halo Anniversary was multilingual. So I need to know if they stick with the multilingual route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom