• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

commanderdeek said:
Yeah, still not sure if I'm getting this. I'd rather put the money towards one more Vita game. But I'll definitely check out the demo.
I'm definitely getting it, though I need to poke Amiami and probably cancel one of my two preorders with them... and this is in addition to a preorder at 7-11...

Anyway, I totally forgot to mention this, but it's officially announced now: there will be a Mikupa event at various theaters in the US on 11/10 (the dates differ for other countries). Check here for more details and pricing ($20 in the US).

Luigi87

Just grabbed the new demo (came out on the 20th apparently?)
One new song I see... Release date is so close, I'm getting psyched, particularly since I passed on the first two games (not realizing how great they were until a couple of months ago when I tried the Diva 2nd demo, then learned how Extend would be releasing at the time, soonish).

Edit: Also nice that it is a regular demo that allows retrying.

Man, these guys aren't giving me a break. 10/26 Weekly Diva Station updates:

Announcement of the Project DIVA extend Special Collaboration Album - VOCALOID extend REMIXIES (sic). I -think- this is extend's general preorder bonus, but I'm not totally sure. It looks like it contains remixed tracks from the Project DIVA series as well as from Sonic Adventure, Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity, Valkyria Chronicles 3, and Virtual On. They also announced that Project DIVA extend will get a PSN release on December 15.

Overview of all the changes made for Project DIVA Arcade ver.A Rev.3.

StarCreator said:
Man, these guys aren't giving me a break. 10/26 Weekly Diva Station updates:

Announcement of the Project DIVA extend Special Collaboration Album - VOCALOID extend REMIXIES (sic). I -think- this is extend's general preorder bonus, but I'm not totally sure. It looks like it contains remixed tracks from the Project DIVA series as well as from Sonic Adventure, Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity, Valkyria Chronicles 3, and Virtual On. They also announced that Project DIVA extend will get a PSN release on December 15.

Overview of all the changes made for Project DIVA Arcade ver.A Rev.3.

Oh boy, it's Ignite Infinity isn't it?
[&#65439;&#1044;&#65439;]<&#65394;&#65437;&#65420;&#65384;&#65414;&#65391;&#65411;&#65384;&#65394;&#65374;&#9834;

djplaeskool said:
Oh boy, it's Ignite Infinity isn't it?
[&#65439;&#1044;&#65439;]<&#65394;&#65437;&#65420;&#65384;&#65414;&#65391;&#65411;&#65384;&#65394;&#65374;&#9834;
Yup, it's Ignite Infinity. Anyone know which import sites are including this CD? I absolutely have to pre-order it now I know that Ignite Infinity is on that disc.

So the past couple days there have been a couple Weekly Diva Station updates, all regarding Project DIVA Arcade. The Arcade news honestly doesn't interest me so I haven't bothered posting about it here.

However, miyuki just spotted this:

miyuki308 said:
It'll probably get posted tomorrow or something but eh.

http://hokanko-alt.ldblog.jp/archives/67019706.html

New Song:

Rollingirl by wowaka.
Module is the one designed by MinaKen. (This: http://miku.sega.jp/extend/img/load_07.jpg)

New Modules:

Rin/Len
- "Nameless No.1" (Rin)/"Nameless No.7" from Valkyria Chronicle 3
* No.1 (Imca) - http://valkyria3.jp/character_3.html
* No.7 (Kurt) - http://valkyria3.jp/character_1.html

Luka
- "Nagisa Replica" from Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity
* Nagisa - http://ameblo.jp/phantasy-star-portable2/image-10635187302-10723165379.html

KAITO
- "VF Ninja" from Virtua Fighter
* Kagemaru - http://www.virtuafighter.jp/cha_kage.shtml

MEIKO
- "Kaitou Black Tail" from Shining Heart
* Xiao Mei - http://shining-world.jp/hearts/chara/xiaomei.shtml

Akita Neru
- "Club GIrl" by Smith Hioka
* http://miku.sega.jp/extend/img/load_18.jpg

Yowane Haku
- "Gothic Purple" by CAFFEIN
* http://miku.sega.jp/extend/img/load_19.jpg

Sakine Meiko
- "Nostalgie" by daigoman
* http://miku.sega.jp/extend/img/load_16.jpg

Others:

- New items in item shop that will raise a song's difficulty but increase the points you gain. (?)
- More motions and backgrounds to choose from in Edit Mode.

11/2 Weekly Diva Station updates:

Rollingirl announcement and obligatory video.

New module images, all of them the ones discovered yesterday:

miku.jpg.jpg
ne.jpg.jpg
ha.jpg.jpg
sa.jpg.jpg
rin.jpg.jpg
ren.jpg.jpg
ru.jpg.jpg
me.jpg.jpg
ka.jpg.jpg

11/7 Weekly Diva Station update: looks like they're showing all the various prizes being given away by lottery when the game releases later this week.

Seeing as how we're just over two days before release, I doubt we'll get much more info about the game until it comes out.

(I still haven't talked to AmiAmi about merging or cancelling my duplicate orders oh god)

I still don't have my copy of the game, and thanks to a perfect storm of bad timing it looks unlikely I'll be able to even play it before Tuesday as Friday is a USPS holiday and I'm traveling this weekend. --;;

Various impressions are already in on the GameFAQs board for extend. Let me try and summarize the interesting points:

• All the DLC available for Project DIVA 2nd is built into the game as regular unlockable content, except possibly the IDOLM@STER SP stuff (people aren't being very clear on that one). If you already have the DLC, you can load it in the same manner as they were loaded in Project DIVA 2nd as well. No changes were made to any of the DLC songs.
  • If you transfer data from Project DIVA 2nd, your unused points will carry over as well as your unlocked modules.
  • Two challenge items have been added that increase the game's difficulty in exchange for earning more points. One item restricts the note grades to only Cool, Fine, and Worst (Safe and Sad are no longer obtainable) and gives 2x points. Another prevents the life bar from increasing and gives 4x points. The two cannot be stacked.
  • As previously announced at TGS, the gallery contains the opening movie (for which games, I'm not sure) with Miku, Rin, Len, and Luka voiced by their original providers.
  • Overall difficulty of the note charts seems to have increased.
  • Preliminary song list. Not sure if this is complete - the game is supposed to contain 39 songs.

Wonko_C

The extra wait for the PSN version is gonna be agonizing, but I want to be able to play it on the Vita too.

Two challenge items have been added that increase the game's difficulty in exchange for earning more points. One item restricts the note grades to only Cool, Fine, and Worst (Safe and Sad are no longer obtainable) and gives 2x points. Another prevents the life bar from increasing and gives 4x points. The two cannot be stacked.

Very good. This will help my point gathering

Also 39 songs ? i'm not even surprised.

Wonko_C said:
The extra wait for the PSN version is gonna be agonizing, but I want to be able to play it on the Vita too.
To be honest, I'm totally unconcerned about being able to play this on Vita. I don't think it would be unreasonable to assume we'll have a Vita Project DIVA by this time next year... and the majority of my playtime is on Dreamy Theater as it is. Also, the physical bonuses for preordering were too much for me to pass up (clearly, since I bought the game three times over --;;)

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Luigi87 said:
Which begs the question, does one think there will be a soonish announcement for a Dreamy Theater Extend?
Think they should just make a mega PS3 version at this point with all of them in it. I'd buy it.

InfiniteNine said:
Think they should just make a mega PS3 version at this point with all of them in it. I'd buy it.
Dreamy Theater 2nd already had all the content from the first Dreamy Theater included, so it was already the "mega version" of its time. At this point, I'd rather they patch Dreamy Theater 2nd or at least make extend support a DLC add-on, but we'll have to wait to see if they'll do anything at all.

Regardless, I wouldn't expect to see anything right away, since once again extend has a lot of content that would have to be redone by the Arcade team first.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
InfiniteNine said:

PS3 Version of PS Vita, all I want is to have a standalone Project Diva game with nice HD graphics.

Finally got a chance to crack open my game and preorder bonuses. Not a whole lot to add on the game front right now since I have to once again do the grind to unlock and play every song twice over just to get the Extreme charts... why didn't they just have each song unlock with all difficulties? This crap is boring --;;

Anyway, the aforementioned "Remixies" CD is sort of a mixed bag. The new vocal arrangements of each game's menu theme are pretty neat (and we already heard those pre-release via someone finding them in the TGS demo's data). The other stuff where they arranged songs from other games? There are no words to describe how ear-splittingly bad they are. At best they just made me want to listen to the originals instead, and at worst I pretty much wanted to die after hearing them. The CD itself comes in a cardboard slipcover-ish thing where the disc is in a foam envelope rather than in a jewel case, and still comes with a standard-sized booklet with some neat art. Beyond that, if you didn't get the CD with the game, you're really not missing much.

I also went through the trouble of obtaining AmiAmi's exclusive bonuses, which consisted of a sort of cloth tapestry (placemat?) and a DVD silkscreened with the same image. The DVD, which I assume is the same across all the stores that offered them despite the differing silkscreens, contains all the promotional videos they made for the game for online and TGS, as well as the regular opening movie to extend. It also contains the fully voiced versions of the 2nd and extend opening movies (voiced by Miku, Rin, Len, and Luka's original voice actresses).

I'm still waiting on my third copy, which should be a lot more worth it.

I'm at Anime USA this weekend, with Dreamy Theater 2nd plus Hori controller running in the game room. If you can't make it this weekend, I should also have it set up at MAGFest.

By the way, Weekly Diva Station updates have been marching on, but it's all been on Project DIVA Arcade. Today's entry seems to talk more about the upcoming concert next March...

Deeku

So, March 8 2012 for Project Mirai with limited edition petit miku.

Too bad I have no intention of getting a JP 3ds...yet.

Edit: oh wait we already knew this from TGS, oops! But I guess the solid date is new news!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
So, March 8 2012 for Project Mirai with limited edition petit miku.

Too bad I have no intention of getting a JP 3ds...yet.

Edit: oh wait we already knew this from TGS, oops! But I guess the solid date is new news!

I need a JPN 3DS. Curse you Nintendo, I won't buy a new one just to spite you!

Luigi87

... So freakin' cute.

Still waitin' on my copy of Diva Extend. Go me for choosing the most inexpensive shipping available (AKA, Free).

Also, the Fei-Yen Miku figure... Freakin' want (but won't be able to)

For those that care for this sort of thing, I'm now broadcasting gameplay live. EDIT: Done broadcasting for tonight but you can still view the recorded footage here, as always.

The rating system is totally useless at this point - the songs new to extend are clearly rated on a different scale than the songs from 2nd. The low framerate with drops that are almost as bad as the first game's is also driving me absolutely nuts - I'm not even going to bother going for all perfects unless this comes out in a Dreamy Theater or something that can maintain a constant 60fps down the line.

Wonko_C

OK I have no idea where to ask this so this is a long shot: Just for fun, let's pretend for a bit some rich distant relative you didn't know you had died and you got the inheritance. How would one go into buying a Project Diva Arcade machine?

Is it even possible to buy one even if you're not an arcade operator and in Japan? Would it be possible to keep updating it with new songs and all that? what about the cards?

TGMIII

OK I have no idea where to ask this so this is a long shot: Just for fun, let's pretend for a bit some rich distant relative you didn't know you had died and you got the inheritance. How would one go into buying a Project Diva Arcade machine?

Is it even possible to buy one even if you're not an arcade operator and in Japan? Would it be possible to keep updating it with new songs and all that? what about the cards?

Of the sites I know, none currently have the cabinet up for sale but I can tell you now that you'll pay out the ass for a cabinet coming from japan unless someone is looking to offload one very quickly, as there's usually a reason for that, shipping will be a killer too. I don't know to many US sites so there may be some US site out there selling them but again it's not going to be cheap.

Hori sell a project diva arcade controller so if you're seriously interested in getting an arcade like experience I'd opt for that option.

You'll have the same difficulty obtaining the Hori controller at this point - preorders for the controller closed back in May and from a quick glance it looks like everyone who bought one is hanging on to it. The controller doesn't really offer an arcade-like experience anyway, since Project DIVA Arcade's core mechanics are different from the consumer releases and the layout of the controller had to be changed to match.

On the arcade itself, it really depends on what terms SEGA releases the machines under - it's possible the arcades do not actually own the machine, but rather lease them from SEGA. I believe this is the case with the machine in the care of New People in San Francisco, which will eventually be returned to SEGA if it hasn't already.

If you really want to ask around, I've seen the name Fujita tossed around in some arcade PCB collecting circles. They may not be able to help you directly, but they may be a good starting point regardless.

Luigi87

Woo!
After three weeks of waiting (Free Shipping to Canada), my copy of Extend finally arrived from YesAsia, and much to my surprise it even came with Vocaloid SEGA Remixes CD, since i didn't think it would.

Finally I can stop waking up every morning hoping it will be in my mailbox x.x

Woo!
After three weeks of waiting (Free Shipping to Canada), my copy of Extend finally arrived from YesAsia, and much to my surprise it even came with Vocaloid SEGA Remixes CD, since i didn't think it would.

Finally I can stop waking up every morning hoping it will be in my mailbox x.x

ahah that is just a dream ... now wake up and go check your mailbox for real ...

Luigi87

ahah that is just a dream ... now wake up and go check your mailbox for real ...

rofl
With the announcement of Xenoblade Chronicles getting a NA release this morning too, I was beginning to fear I really was dreaming <.<
... To be fair, earlier this week I really did dream about getting Extend in the mail, then when I woke up, well "DAMMIT!"

Top Bottom